Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Is fedor Too good?

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

DirtySouthBoss

MMA Regular

DirtySouthBoss Avatar

Career:18-21
Chips:
[

I get what you are trying to say and I thought I answered it . Maybe I was unclear and I apologize if so. It doesn't matter what competition Fedor faces IMO, or who is #1 contender to me. I think Fedor would and will beat anyone in front of him. In pride only Barnett and Werdum are interesting matches left. I think he clearly beats both.

I think that we agree with each other, but that was the original question that I asked about. The fact that the best comp that is left says that they need more time says that he just might be too good for everyone else. AND MY QUESTION IS........

MIGHT HE BE TOO GOOD COMPARED TO EVERYONE ELSE IN MMA??????

Post #16   2/17/07 1:10:00AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,663-1,009
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
He's the best, someone has to be the best, right? Is he too good, hell no. He almost got a Kimura slapped on him by Mark freakin Hunt. I think CroCop could take him, given another opportunity.

Post #17   2/17/07 1:17:47AM   

Telgar

Learning to Sprawl

Career:9-5
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
To answer your question..

Yes.

Post #18   2/17/07 1:25:09AM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Fedor is the best in the world no question, but Ali had challengers all the time so I don't know why Fedor doesn't have that many. The UFC needs to let some of their fighters challenge Fedor like Tim Sylvia, CC, Randy Couture, Gabriel Gonzaga, Andrei Arlovski to name some. Dana is robbing us of so many good matches, I think that they should have a yearly PPV where it's UFC vs. Pride. Imagine how much $ that would draw in and there would be no more Tim Sylvia is #1 threads either.

agree. no one in pride will beat fedor and its going to be hard for pride to sign heavy weights when the fighters know fedor will keep them from reaching the top and they would have a better chance at challenging in ufc. I would hope at some point that fedor (not pride) would want to go find better competition around the worl (not neccessarily the ufc) i think all fighters should have a free agency clause in their contract. and ufc / pride would be great but dana would be the reason it won't happen. he doesn't like to share gis toys.

Post #19   2/17/07 1:28:35AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,663-1,009
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by fedorwins1

... ufc / pride would be great but dana would be the reason it won't happen. he doesn't like to share gis toys.

Really, I remember him sharing a few times.

Post #20   2/17/07 1:48:00AM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:
I know I'm going to be critisized heavily for this post, but I feel it needs to be said. Fedor Emelianenko is definately one of the greatest fighters of all time, and is easily the # 1 or 2 HW in the world currently, but he is not what most fans claim him to be. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching him fight, and I'm more than impressed at his 15-0 record in the best division in MMA, but within the last few years his hype has gotten the better of most fans. Emelianenko is a fantastic fighter who can dominate on the feet or on the mat, and he has a gameplan for everyone, but is he unbeatable, far from it... Within the last 2 or 3 years, message boards have lit up with these "hardcore" mma fans who lay claim that Fedor is an indestructable cyborg, I mean how can anyone else survive a suplex from Randleman... I'm posting right now so that people can hopefully realize that Fedor is an amazing fighter, and nothing more. Ten years ago, people were laying claim that Ken Shamrock was an unstopable beast, and look today what most MMA fans have to say about him. I wish Fedor the best and will always remember him as one of the greatest of all times, but a loss is due, and Barnett, CroCop (or Nastula IMHO) or some worthy fighter will soon dethrone him...

Post #21   2/17/07 1:58:18AM   

JunCTion

JunCTion Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by fedorwins1

... ufc / pride would be great but dana would be the reason it won't happen. he doesn't like to share gis toys.

Really, I remember him sharing a few times.

you are correct, but chuck and the others were not the champs at the time. i don't think he would want to lose the face that would come if one of his champs lost to one prides champs

Post #22   2/17/07 2:13:00AM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,227-772
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
He has to beat all the top contenders before we can consider him to good. No doubt thats hes the best right now but until he faces sylvia arlovski hes def not to good.

Post #23   2/17/07 2:17:49AM   

JunCTion

JunCTion Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hathcock32

He has to beat all the top contenders before we can consider him to good. No doubt thats hes the best right now but until he faces sylvia arlovski hes def not to good.

i think he takes care os sylvia via submission but i would love to see AA / fedor

Post #24   2/17/07 2:21:39AM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,227-772
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Arlovski/ Fedor .....wow thats a dream match 4 me....i hope we will soon get to see it.

Post #25   2/17/07 2:41:23AM   

JunCTion

JunCTion Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hathcock32

Arlovski/ Fedor .....wow thats a dream match 4 me....i hope we will soon get to see it.

hey, does anybody know what their current contracts are?
or for that matter, the nogs, barnett, alexander

Post #26   2/17/07 2:46:15AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
Fedor just signed a four fight extension with PRIDE, plus he's fighting Lindland on Bodog. He did say he received an offer from the UFC (no details)

Post #27   2/17/07 7:47:30AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:

Posted by DirtySouthBoss

We all want to see Barnett v. Fedor but if you look at the facts does he deserve it? he's lost vs. CC 3 times and he just lost to big Nog. So IMO he and CC are above and beyond everyone else and that is the fight that matters the most.

If not Barnett, then who? CC is gone and no one wants to see Fedor/Nog AGAIN.
That leaves Aleks (falling out or not, I doubt it)
Werdum (farther down the list than Barnett)
and Hunt (just had a shot)

The answer to your thread title is YES! There is no one left worthy of taking him on. (outside Barnett) Unless he comes to the UFC (not for at least 5 more fights)

Last edited 2/17/07 8:01AM server time by manfred
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #28   2/17/07 8:00:34AM   

dstlvb

MMA Regular

dstlvb Avatar

Career:373-248
Chips:
Him being dominate is good for the sport. Back in the 90's it was an unbeatable little guy named Royce who put MMA on the map. Just look at another sport like golf. It is arguably this popular becasue of the Tiger factor. As to Fedor being due for a loss. Maybe. Ive seen this guy get dropped on his head, rocked by some heavy hitters, and escape from sumissions by the best in the biz. It doesnt matter if Mark Hunt almost got the Kimura. He got out like he always does. What makes him great is his ability to gameplan, not panic, and his transistions. He is the best at going from striking to takedowns to submissions, or GnP. Its all one fluid motion to him.

Post #29   2/17/07 10:03:33AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by dstlvb

Him being dominate is good for the sport. Back in the 90's it was an unbeatable little guy named Royce who put MMA on the map. Just look at another sport like golf. It is arguably this popular becasue of the Tiger factor. As to Fedor being due for a loss. Maybe. Ive seen this guy get dropped on his head, rocked by some heavy hitters, and escape from sumissions by the best in the biz. It doesnt matter if Mark Hunt almost got the Kimura. He got out like he always does. What makes him great is his ability to gameplan, not panic, and his transistions. He is the best at going from striking to takedowns to submissions, or GnP. Its all one fluid motion to him.

100% u da man

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #30   2/17/07 7:36:24PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4