Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chuck interview talks possible Shogun fight.

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,059-579
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Link

SI.com: Just trying to throw you off your game. So what's next for you? Have you been told your next opponent?

Liddell: Possibly Mauricia "Shogun" Hua. That's what they're saying. If it's the June fight, it will probably be in London. But my trainer is trying to get it moved to Vegas. Too far. (Liddell is based in San Luis Obispo, Calif.)

SI.com: It was no secret you wanted that fight against Silva. Who do you want now?

Liddell: Rampage [Quinton Jackson, who defeated Liddell last summer.] I want that fight again.

Post #1   1/31/08 7:46:59PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
Interesting. There are so many good fights that could happen at 205. I am not dissapointed by this one at all.

And I'm having trouble picking a winner. It's all about if Chuck comes out liek he did against Wanderlei, and how much Shogun uses man kicks/knees. There are many if's in this fight, and if it does happen, then I'll be n the fence till the last minute.

Post #2   1/31/08 7:53:05PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Chips:
I don't really like this fight for Shogun, it's too dangerous. I would hate to see Shogun go 0-2.
IMO Shogun deserves a can in his next fight in order to get back on track.

Post #3   1/31/08 7:58:01PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,961-999
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by Copenhagen

I don't really like this fight for Shogun, it's too dangerous. I would hate to see Shogun go 0-2.

What ??

A top fighter like Shogun who lost 1 fight in the UFC should fight a can next to protect him to fall 0-2 ??

Man, if the UFC's caliber is too high for Shogun i want to know it sooner than later and the fact that Liddell would probably KO him is not a reason to fight a can instead of him.

The time when you were choising your opponent to protect your record is over, well, i hope anyways.

Post #4   1/31/08 8:09:05PM   

slappywhite

MMA Regular

slappywhite Avatar

Career:806-546
Camp: Bobbaganoosh
Chips:
wtf Shogun suppose to fight in April

Post #5   1/31/08 8:21:09PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Copenhagen

What ??

A top fighter like Shogun who lost 1 fight in the UFC should fight a can next to protect him to fall 0-2 ??

Man, if the UFC's caliber is too high for Shogun i want to know it sooner than later and the fact that Liddell would probably KO him is not a reason to fight a can instead of him.

The time when you were choising your opponent to protect your record is over, well, i hope anyways.

Rampage and Cro Cop were broth thrown mediocre fighters at first. I wish they would have done the same for the others who came from different environments.

Post #6   1/31/08 8:26:32PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Posted by Copenhagen

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Copenhagen

What ??

Rampage and Cro Cop were broth thrown mediocre fighters at first. I wish they would have done the same for the others who came from different environments.

Dont pay attention, T5 is a Shogun hater no matter what he do, he's always against him at every single Shogun thread.

I'll pick Shogun only if he uses clinch and knees

Post #7   1/31/08 8:37:30PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I'd love this fight, Shogun's amazing and this would show everyone in the world he is the best at 205.

Post #8   1/31/08 8:42:14PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,961-999
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Posted by Copenhagen

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Copenhagen

What ??

Dont pay attention, T5 is a Shogun hater no matter what he do, he's always against him at every single Shogun thread.

I'll pick Shogun only if he uses clinch and knees

What are you talking about man ??
I picked Shogun to win against Forrest !!

The thing was that i was stunted by the ******* excuses that a lot of peoples were giving to explain his defeate instead of giving the credit to Forrest for being a better fighter that night !!

Now Shogun know what it is to fight in a cage , he have to face a guy close to him in the ranking, not a can to protect him like a baby !!

A real fighter want to fight top fighter, not cans !!

Post #9   1/31/08 8:44:53PM   

Focker101

MMA Regular

Focker101 Avatar

Career:1,394-777
Chips:
I don't think you could get Shogun to fight a can

Old Chute Boxe mentallity like Wandy they love wars
thanks to fighting in Japan they also love to entertain the fans

Besides Forrest was supposed to be Shogun's easy win
turns out nobody told Forrest

Also Shogun was fighting on no legs and had just got married I think a month or two before I am sure it effected his training

Liddell will definately be a Tough fight Shogun Ko Round 2 is my prediction

Post #10   1/31/08 9:07:10PM   

odogg22

Tha Truth

odogg22 Avatar

Career:145-105
Chips:
I cant wait to see this fight. It all depends on chuck if comes out like he did agaist wandy then it is gonna be a war. If he doesnt then it will be good nite chuck.

Post #11   1/31/08 9:22:05PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
OMG I'm so sick of Chuck saying "I want Rampage", yo Chuck, what are your next plans? "Oh well, Rampage is busy so I guess Jardine or Shogun."

OMG Shush it!!!! Rampage already beat you twice and he does not need to prove again he is the better fighter. You get one win after getting owned twice. He still needs 2 more wins IMO over quality fighters.

Shogun wins this one easy IMO. That Wandy was not the one we saw in PRIDE. An injury was keeping Shogun from being the Shogun he used to be. BUt now he's healed and he's going to start running through people like he use too.

Post #12   1/31/08 9:25:53PM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,889-1,010
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
No excuses for shogun ... he lost and the guys u seen in pride looked better cuz there were facing minimal competition ... only rampage is shining over here ... everyone else is ... not up 2 par ... yet atleast ... and if this fight happens liddel KO 2nd round shogun is gona chase him right into a liddell over had right

Post #13   1/31/08 9:43:44PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
^ Shogun and Wandy both beat Rampage so Rampage is minimal talent?

Let's not forget Anderson Silva who fought in PRIDE a few times and Big Nog is about to win the HW title and Gono is 1-0.

Vice Verse, UFC guys would be getting spanked in Japan in a PRIDE ring.

Post #14   1/31/08 9:47:53PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
This is a great match up, I remember just a year back when everyone was talking about how Shogun was going to absolutely rape the UFC lightheavy weight division.....Liddell in particular. It really makes me laugh now, I hope it was the knee that was holding Shogun back against Griffin....because if not, he was either very over-rated or the competition in PRIDE was not all it was touted to be. I'm not bashin on Pride I love MMA period, but with all of this said, Liddell would have owned him last year and if this happens and Shogun fights anything like he did last time (after all the talk I was pretty disapointed) Liddell is going to finish him early. Either way I'm pickin Liddell 2 KO.

Post #15   1/31/08 9:55:28PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3