Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Apocalypse Now, as WWE Meets UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

January 31, 2008
by Tomas Rios (trios@sherdog.com)

Brock Lesnar (Pictures) is headlining a UFC card.

No, MMA has not turned into Bizarro world, and as far as I know, the end is not nigh. However, the former WWE poster boy and questionable tattoo connoisseur is making his UFC debut against Frank Mir (Pictures) in a match that elicits as much head scratching as headshaking.

Don't give up just yet, though. This card delivers the goods with an interim title bout between PRIDE refugee Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira and the MMA community's favorite punching bag, Tim Sylvia (Pictures).

Throw in the long-awaited return of Ricardo Almeida (Pictures) as well as the ongoing Tyson Griffin "Fight of the Year" tour, and you've got what shapes up to be a solid night of fistic entertainment.

Besides, don't tell me you don't want to see the look on Lesnar's face when he realizes that the running lariat isn't viable in MMA.

Link

Nice breakdown of all the fights on the UFC 81 card, plus some great humor (had me Laughing out Loud a couple of times), worth checking out for sure.

Post #1   1/31/08 6:23:30PM   

ufcboss

In Full Mount

ufcboss Avatar

Career:404-246
Chips:
I hope Brock wins this fight, Just to shut people up and prove that it doesnt matter what your last job was, Just because he was more famous than any other MMA fighter before his 1st fight.

Umm people, We want more (Well I do) Lesnar's, People like that will make the UFC even more mainstream.

Just because Lesnar decided to be rich and work the WWE, why does that mean he is no good for MMA?

Post #2   2/1/08 12:25:19AM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
I want Mir to win, but Brock is going to win.

They already have Brock's second fight scheduled for UFC 85

Post #3   2/1/08 1:26:50AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by RMFG_187

I want Mir to win, but Brock is going to win.

They already have Brock's second fight scheduled for UFC 85

Well that doesnt mean anything dude, they just know they want to use him for the next UK show to draw in wwe fans to help the sport grow here, was that a conspiracy theory that you think Mir will take a dive? LOL

Post #4   2/1/08 6:14:38AM   

r8sendo

Learning to Sprawl

Career:176-112
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
Brock wins by 1st rnd KO.

Post #5   2/1/08 11:54:26AM