Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

MMANews.com Exclusive: Interview With Dan Henderson

Print  
Posted By Message

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
After his return to the UFC was spoiled by Quintin Jackson in a five round war for the Light Heavy weight title, Dan Henderson returns to his more natural weight of 185lbs and a world title shot against UFC Middleweight champ Anderson Silva.

Henderson took the time to sit down with MMANews.com's own Chris Howie to discuss his upcoming fight along with a host of other topics including his transition back to the UFC and his interesting thoughts on WEC Middleweight champ Paulo Filho

Link

Good interview, with a few explosive comments about Filho.

Last edited 1/31/08 1:23AM server time by Bemin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   1/31/08 1:20:16AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,449-799
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

From MMAnews intreview with Dan Henderson
MMANews.com: What are your thoughts on Paulo Filho?

Dan Henderson: I don't think he has been very impressive in his last two performances since coming to the US but I think that's what not being able to use Steroids will do to you.

MMANews.com: Are you saying Filho may be a juicer?

Dan Henderson: Well that's my opinion anyway. He hasn't looked good since he left Pride.

MMANews.com: Was steroid abuse a problem in Pride?

Dan Henderson: People didn't get tested.

MMANews.com: So I suppose if you can get away with it why not.

Dan Henderson: Exactly.

Wow I don't know how to take that, am I to take that as he used them as well? Its nice to see one of the fighters from Pride talking about this finally and not acting like there wasn't an issue there.

Last edited 1/31/08 3:05AM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #2   1/31/08 3:04:08AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by telnights

From MMAnews intreview with Dan Henderson
MMANews.com: What are your thoughts on Paulo Filho?

Dan Henderson: I don't think he has been very impressive in his last two performances since coming to the US but I think that's what not being able to use Steroids will do to you.

MMANews.com: Are you saying Filho may be a juicer?

Dan Henderson: Well that's my opinion anyway. He hasn't looked good since he left Pride.

MMANews.com: Was steroid abuse a problem in Pride?

Dan Henderson: People didn't get tested.

MMANews.com: So I suppose if you can get away with it why not.

Dan Henderson: Exactly.

Wow I don't know how to take that, am I to take that as he used them as well? Its nice to see one of the fighters from Pride talking about this finally and not acting like there wasn't an issue there.

Wow yeah. Just came out of nowhere with that statement. You can tell some PRIDE fighters are definitely not the same.

Post #3   1/31/08 7:59:05AM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
to throw a couple names out there.. hua, cro cop and nog. Of course hua just didnt train hard enough.. cro cop needed nose surgery and was feeling burnt out.. nog just got caught with a head kick.. thats all. Maybe they juiced, maybe they didnt, but you cant really deny that their performances in the cage and with drug testing are a shadow of their dominance in the ring. You cant help but speculate right, and it sucks =/

Post #4   1/31/08 8:19:09AM   

THE_DRiZzLE

MMA Legend

THE_DRiZzLE Avatar

Career:122-61
Chips:
hmmm.. does make one think..

Post #5   1/31/08 10:15:10AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106