Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bisping gives Rampage's performance at UFC 67 a 5/10

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
"Because he's in the same division as me, I took a very close interest in Jackson's win over Marvin Eastman. Because of his big win over Chuck Liddell in Japan a couple of years back, Jackson's come to the UFC with this massive reputation but, to be honest, I've got to say I wasn't that impressed.

I'd probably give Jackson five out of 10 on his performance, if you forgive the pun." ---Michael Bisping

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=4513

Bisping is certainly asking to be slammed...

Post #1   2/16/07 1:45:13PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,393-1,324
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Yeah...that's pretty ballsy, you have to admit. It's not like Bisping has been around awhile and has a lot of experience or anything. It's one thing to speak confidently about oneself, but to take the GSP approach is asking for it.

Post #2   2/16/07 1:47:48PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:
I wonder how he rated his own last performance vs Schafer?

Rampage said he wanted one more fight before rematching Chuck. Well hopefully we just found his next victim. We'll at least get to see what the Count has off his back. That's if he's even conscious once he gets there.

Post #3   2/16/07 1:54:43PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by OB_Juan

Rampage said he wanted one more fight before rematching Chuck. Well hopefully we just found his next victim. We'll at least get to see what the Count has off his back. That's if he's even conscious once he gets there.

Rampage was just trying to take his time and show his skills in his debut,but if you get his mad he will crush you!
like he says.."if you get me mad,i have unlimited strength"

and exactly when Marvin landed that hard elbow i think rampage got mad and went inside and finished him off.....same with Randleman when they fouled him and took 10% of his purse....got pissed off and knocked Randleman the f#ck out

careful Bisping...you sure dont wanna see him transform into a werewolf

i never liked Bisping....he looks like someone you cant trust....he acts all nice and humble in on tv and talks smack behind your back....he is full of himself...a loss will only make him a better person,so i hope he loses soon

Last edited 2/16/07 2:27PM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   2/16/07 2:23:51PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
If Rampage's performance was a 5/10, then Bispings last performance was 2.5/10. Take care of your own business first. I, for one, am really getting tired of the spouting off and disrespect being shown by mre and more fighters. I don't want to see a love fest like Smith had in the TUF finally, but come on, show some class.

Post #5   2/16/07 2:46:07PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Chips:
If they don't set up Rampage vs Bisping I at least hope they bring Eastman back to fight Bisping. See what he has to say after that. Eastman is no slouch.

Post #6   2/16/07 3:04:38PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
After seeing Michael's first true UFC preformance and how gassed he was I don't think that he has much room to talk...

Rampage has taken his lumps and come up the hard way and deserves much more respect than that.

Personally I enjoyed the Rampage / Eastman fight much more than Bisbing / Schafer (?? I can't remember if that was him of not ??).

And I would love to see Bisbing and Page go at it... Bisbing is no slouch and a def up and comer, but Rampage is a bad bad man, especially if he can find his pre-Wandy form again...

WAR RAMPAGE!!!

This is a good sign for things to come in UFC's LHW division... Hopefully lots of exciting fights on the way!!

Post #7   2/16/07 3:30:35PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

Yeah...that's pretty ballsy, you have to admit. It's not like Bisping has been around awhile and has a lot of experience or anything. It's one thing to speak confidently about oneself, but to take the GSP approach is asking for it.

Yeah, but the only difference is that St. Pierre showed everyone why he was not impressed.

Posted by OB_Juan

He gave himself a 7 or 8 in his post-interview.

Post #8   2/16/07 3:33:51PM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:

Posted by OB_Juan

He gave himself a 7 or 8 in his post-interview.

So now theirs a Michael Bisping MMA scoring system? He should patent this quick.

Post #9   2/16/07 4:31:02PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,045-1,154
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I hope this is just hype, otherwise we could end up with another Diaz/Riggs type fighter. Guys with some , skill and potential who never beat the top guys. Anyone who feels the need to talk crap on opponents( or future possible opponets in this case) is usually doing one of 3 things to me.

1. Playing pscyhocological games to get in someones head.Huhges/Chuck seem to be pretty good at this. Muhammed Ali was the master
2. Trying to hype the fight. Garner interest in themselves, the sport, and their particular fight. Most fighert's do this
3. Trying to hide their deep insecurities by lashing out.

Let's hope in Bisping's case it's the former 2 , and not the latter.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #10   2/16/07 5:08:06PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
AT LEAST RAMPAGE BRUSHES HIS TEETH TWICE A DAY!

/sorry, couldn't find anything better about the english

like rampages performance my joke was a 5/10

Post #11   2/16/07 5:40:39PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:
I'd take bisping over Rampage.

Post #12   2/16/07 5:50:29PM   

argile

MMA Regular

argile Avatar

Career:103-59
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
Bisping is a good fighter and has a shot to be LHW champ someday, but after 1 fight in a UFC pay per view he thinks he can downplay the performance of Rampage one of the best LHW out there is bullshit. The training MMA fighters do is warping their minds into WWF wrestlers. I think he was just talking shit and not being serious. Karma is a bitch tho.

Post #13   2/16/07 5:59:38PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Snacks

I'd take bisping over Rampage.

Av bet if it actually ever gets signed?

Last edited 2/16/07 6:11PM server time by OB_Juan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   2/16/07 6:10:42PM   

redmist

MMA Regular

redmist Avatar

Career:340-240
Chips:
I think it's all just bravado, but i find it funny that you all talk about disrespecting fighters. Rampage is one of the biggest culprits of this. i've lost count of all the disrespectful things he's said.
I'm not particularly impressed with bisping, but it's been a long time since i've been impressed with rampage.

anyway, they're all men, i'm sure they can take it.

Post #15   2/16/07 6:13:25PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3