Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Mir wants to prove himself against Lesnar

Print  
Posted By Message

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Winning an Ultimate Fighting Championship title could be considered the greatest achievement for any fighter, but for Frank Mir, working his way back to the top of the heavyweight ladder could eventually be seen as his greatest achievement after a motorcycle accident almost sidelined his career altogether.

The former champion will hope to put his name back into contender’s status when he faces former WWE superstar Brock Lesnar on Saturday night at UFC 81.

With Lesnar set to make his UFC debut, the majority of the attention on the upcoming fight seems to lie primarily on the former WWE wrestler, but Mir understands the importance of a fight of this magnitude, which played into why he accepted the fight against Lesnar in the first place.

Link

Post #1   1/30/08 2:44:32AM   

ufcboss

In Full Mount

ufcboss Avatar

Career:404-246
Chips:
Its a bigger fight for Mir, Imagine the flaming he will get if he loses to a "WWE GUY".
I dont really care at all that Lesnar is from WWE, But thats the way its gonna be.

Brock is so strong, I see him being able to pull his arm out of most subs. Thats why I think he will win, Just pure power. Mir should go for a huge KO, That will look better on his resume, The man who welcomed Lesnar to UFC, And knocked him out.

Cant wait!

Post #2   1/30/08 4:48:49AM   

StevenSeagal

Banned

Career:182-96
Chips:
I posted before about the "overratedness" of Mir, but it would be nice to see him get back up to title contention again. Too bad my boy Nog came around, kinda hinders most HW's chances IMO. Although unlikely, Mir at a top 3 spot would be nice to see

Post #3   1/30/08 8:28:44AM   

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
How to get back into title contention = fight a title contender.

Last edited 1/30/08 9:12AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   1/30/08 8:56:22AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I agree that he won't get into title contention until he fights a contender or a former champ, but this fight will move him up in the rankings IMO. I'd like to see a Mir vs Tim rematch.

Post #5   1/30/08 11:29:41AM   

CiaoBaby

MMA Regular

CiaoBaby Avatar

Career:688-482
Camp: The Fatherless Bastards
Chips:
Lesnar comes out strong and takes Mir to the ground. Smothers him for the entire round. Mir rolls for a sub or two but Brock is too strong. Round two...All those big ass muscles need a lot of oxygen and Lesnar looks tired this time out. Again taking Mir to the ground. Half way through the second, the more patient more experienced Mir secures an arm bar or sholder lock on an exhausted, out classed, untested Brock Lensar! I've said it before, Lesnar will someday make a huge impact on the UFC HW devision...Just not this weekend.

Post #6   1/30/08 4:12:19PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
i hope mir wins, i got a pick i need

Post #7   1/30/08 5:23:39PM