Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

have you all seen Joe Rogan vs Carlos(Ned) Mencia?

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:
I absolutely freakin HATE Mencia. His annoying racist schtick is lame at best. I want to smash my TV everytime I hear that goddam "duh duh duh".

Post #16   2/16/07 8:04:27PM   

DirtySouthBoss

MMA Regular

DirtySouthBoss Avatar

Career:18-21
Chips:
Mr. Rogan>Ned

Post #17   2/17/07 7:30:43PM   

Rampage_Soldier

MMA Regular

Rampage_Soldier Avatar

Career:281-205
Camp: Fists of Fury
Chips:

Post #18   2/17/07 10:08:34PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I saw the video. Shame that Mencia might still be around. When they tagged this guy to replsce Dave Chappelle I thought he would be funny. Needless to say I was sorely dissapointed.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #19   2/18/07 12:40:41AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
This is kind of Joe Rogans gimmick. He did the same thing to Dane Cook a year or so ago. Honestly I don't think they even intent to steal from each other, but when you're a comic, doing 300 shows a year with other comics, you're bound to rip off someone and not even realize it.

Its similar with that muscians go through, where they occasionally steal a riff and don't even realize it.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #20   2/18/07 4:21:44AM   

EEKS

MMA Regular

EEKS Avatar

Career:182-110
Camp: Chicago Top Team
Chips:
I despise ned so much, his comedy bits completely suck, its crap i used to hear in middle school, if youre gnna steal jokes you should steal better material.

Post #21   2/18/07 7:34:17AM   

mmadb

MMADB.com

mmadb Avatar

Career:625-342
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

This is kind of Joe Rogans gimmick. He did the same thing to Dane Cook a year or so ago. Honestly I don't think they even intent to steal from each other, but when you're a comic, doing 300 shows a year with other comics, you're bound to rip off someone and not even realize it.

Its similar with that muscians go through, where they occasionally steal a riff and don't even realize it.

A riff is not 13 minutes of material usually!

But ya, I agree, it is kind of inevitable but I think his is more blatantly obvious.

Post #22   2/18/07 11:10:10AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Thats a little less excusable, but just wanted to point out this does happen now and again, and that Joe Rogan has done this before.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #23   2/18/07 5:44:17PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
lol...i was just watching UFC 63 Penn/Hughes.

when swick was entering the cage to fight Loiseau...

.Rogan said "Mike Swick is a man on a medioric rise right now..."

then Mike Goldberg interupts and says.. "hey,thats my line"

Rogan: "is that your line?...i dont care,i'll steal it!...i just Carlos Mencia'd your line"

they both laugh...buahahaha

i have a feeling they set that up so they could diss Carlos Mencia on the air...

Post #24   2/19/07 9:41:18AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by mmadb

Posted by Svartorm

A riff is not 13 minutes of material usually!

But ya, I agree, it is kind of inevitable but I think his is more blatantly obvious.

Yeah George Lopez siad that he counted 13 full minutes of his work in a hour long special by Carlos. Thats ******. read Joe Rogans website on the topic.
It says that Carlos Mencia is half german half hondouran. Not Mexican at all. He also says that Carlos' real name is Ned.
War Joe Rogan.

Post #25   2/19/07 1:51:46PM   

Rampage_Soldier

MMA Regular

Rampage_Soldier Avatar

Career:281-205
Camp: Fists of Fury
Chips:
After Ned got owned by Joe as seen in the video, he's done the following:

1. Had his lawyer contact youtube to take down "Ned gets owned at the comedy store" videos. "This video has been removed due to copyright violations of Carlos Menstealia."

2. Caused the Comedy Store to side with Ned because of his greater pulling power to bring customers to the store. Now, Joe has been "fired" (asked to take a break) from the comedy store after 13+ years with Joe.

3. Since Joe and Ned share the same agent, Ned put up a fuss and demanded an apology from Joe or Ned threatened to find another agent. Agent contacted Joe and asked him to apologize to Ned which Joe refused which the agent then ended their business relationship with Joe.

My sources of info were straight from joerogan.net...the main page daily blogs of Joe. I hope this discourages up and coming comedians to steal material. Someone as fake as ned should not be as successful as he is. Just think if Joe had never said a word about this, I certainly would of never known he stole material and he'd probably still be doing it to this day getting rich and fat while he re-words and re-enacts other comedians' material.

Last edited 2/20/07 2:12AM server time by rampage_soldier
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #26   2/20/07 2:11:39AM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

The way he was denying it so hard and calling Joe a fukn liar and even denying all of the other incidents that there was concrete proof of... it's pretty clear Mencia is completely full of shite.

Post #27   2/20/07 2:34:20AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Oh, I'm certainly not saying Mencia is in the right here, but I'm just saying that you CAN accidently swipe a joke. Not a whole pile of them, but there will always be similarities, or two guys coming up with the same joke.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #28   2/20/07 3:17:14AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
even before all this happened i had always noticed Jokes that i had already heard before coming from Car....i mean...Ned

i do agree that he steals alot of jokes but i still think at least 80% of his material is legit

i just hope he learns his lesson...if i were him i would be hiding under a rock,inside a cave...........on an other planet right now

Post #29   2/20/07 4:14:00AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
there's a thread on sherdog about this. And it's a new one where a radio guy interviews Carlos and talks about up coming skits on the show and Carlos talks about a skit about Sterotype Olympics. After Carlos goes through explaining the skit and leaves the interview, the radio guy goes public and talks about how a radio show in Florida came up with the same idea months ago and him and a co host have emails to prove they came up with the idea before Carlos. I wish I could find the link. I just listened to it and it's a pretty nutty interview because Carlos is trying to be funny, but he's bombing the whole time. I'm sorry for not posting the link, but it does excist.

Post #30   2/20/07 4:16:23AM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4