Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Kevin Randleman vs Jeff Monson

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Definitely will be interesting to see how Randleman is after the big staph infection. Not only physically, but mentally. 2007 was a rough year for him.

Post #16   1/27/08 2:29:50AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Every year has been a rough year for him. I think him and Joe Riggs should fight to see who the must unlucky man in MMA is. The winner is the guy that can actually walk into the ring under their own power.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #17   1/27/08 2:40:48AM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I am happy for Randleman too and hope he wins this fight and his next two after that so he can be primed and ready for a rematch with Fedor.

It would definitely be the next best thing to a match with Barnett or signing with the UFC. At least he would be against someone that has legitimate chance of making something happen

Post #18   1/27/08 12:15:17PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I wanna see this fight really bad. Two guys I really like. As of right now I don't know who to take in this one. I'm leaning more towards Monson, but this has potential to be an excellent fight and could go either way.

Post #19   1/27/08 12:27:32PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
I really don't see how Monson can lose this fight. He has extremely solid stand-up, extremely solid wrestling, and incredible grappling.

Post #20   1/27/08 1:33:18PM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,306-866
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

I really don't see how Monson can lose this fight. He has extremely solid stand-up, extremely solid wrestling, and incredible grappling.

I have to agree with you (for once). Randleman has better stand-up, but we know Monson can take a shot from his fight with Sylvia. Also, Monson has always been able to close the distance and take the fight to the ground when he wants to. That, coupled with the fact that this is Randleman's first fight back from a deadly infection that cost him alot of weight and almost his life.

Post #21   1/27/08 3:07:36PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Why on earth would anybody be talking about a Randleman/Fedor rematch??? Whe the f wants to see that? Since their first fight FE has dominated everyone, the only bitch ppl have is the comp he now faces. Randleman's biggest claim to fame is almost dying in the ring to his own negligence. When he fought Fedor the first time he shouldn't have gotten the title fight right after taking a ko at 205. Now it's ridiculous. He hasn't done anything in the last cpl years that warrants a match with FE.

Post #22   1/27/08 7:00:24PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

I don't mean to pick on you (or Monson) but "extremely solid stand-up"?!?! Jeff Monson has almost no stand-up skill. I've never seen him throw a fluid combination and I've seen almost every fight he's had. I'm sure he hits hard, being a large guy, but hes reflexively slow and has short arms to boot. Monson vs. Pe De Pano was one of the saddest displays of stand-up since Dan Severn vs. Kimo.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #23   1/27/08 9:54:14PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by silverbullet

I don't mean to pick on you (or Monson) but "extremely solid stand-up"?!?! Jeff Monson has almost no stand-up skill. I've never seen him throw a fluid combination and I've seen almost every fight he's had. I'm sure he hits hard, being a large guy, but hes reflexively slow and has short arms to boot. Monson vs. Pe De Pano was one of the saddest displays of stand-up since Dan Severn vs. Kimo.

No offense taken. Monson looked very solid against Sylvia and Rizzo standing up. Both Sylivia and Rizzo are (in my opinion) extremely proficient (MMA-level) strikers. I am not saying that Monson had a shot at knocking Sylvia's head off, but he held his own. Sorry, maybe I should watch more of his fights.

Post #24   2/4/08 10:06:07PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
Hey guys at our ufc 81 party there were alot of guys from ATT west and Victory and they were all talkin about Jeff and some serious damage he took from the KO from Rizzo

I won't go into detail but with all the talk I'm sure he will be out for a while

Post #25   2/4/08 10:19:51PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

No offense taken. Monson looked very solid against Sylvia and Rizzo standing up. Both Sylivia and Rizzo are (in my opinion) extremely proficient (MMA-level) strikers. I am not saying that Monson had a shot at knocking Sylvia's head off, but he held his own. Sorry, maybe I should watch more of his fights.

Monson really doesn't have the build for stand-up, and Sylvia was hitting him at will, and was rarely counter-struck. Rizzo was a little different, as he doesn't have the albatross reach of Sylvia, but Rizzos best years are well behind him, and getting tooled by hit doesn't bode well for his stand-up game. Randleman isn't technically fantastic either, but the reflexes are going be the deciding factor. Monson has poor instincts on the feet and eats way too many punches than he should, and with a guy of Randlemans speed, he can easily be picked off.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #26   2/5/08 2:28:48AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2