Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

What should i start with?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

migo

MMA Regular

migo Avatar

Career:11-12
Chips:
Judo's a good way to get injured.

Post #16   3/3/07 7:34:05PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by apg96

Im looking to get into MMA. I dont have any intention of competing but i am open to it later on. Anyways, im a small guy (128 lbs 5'10), i do lift and im in decent shape. Im tired of ppl writing me off b/c of my size, so i would like to get some confidence boost and also learn how to drop ppl a lot bigger than me. IN most case im not looking for a brawl, but i would like to be able to just shut some people up. Maybe some holds of something.

Anyway im in the PHX metro area (tempe) and there are a few places here offering boxing, muay thai, BJJ, and such. Which would be a good starting place for me. Would it be hard to start with muay thai and BJJ? Also to do that the places wants 120/ mo, seems like alot and just is muay thai is $85/ mo. Are these prices normal, it seems all the places around here are in that ball park.

Holy crap 128 lbs and 5'10? Get into Muay Thai/ kickboxing. I hate sparring tall skinny guys lol. Seriously if you fought at that wieght it would be like fighting kindergarden kids!

Post #17   3/7/07 4:04:42PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2