Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rick Bassman Files Lawsuit Against WCO's Bruce Bellocchi

Print  
Posted By Message

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
In what becomes the next step in the saga of the cancelled WCO event on January 12th. Rick Bassman, owner of Valor Fighting and Management, has filed suit against WCO Promoter Bruce Bellocchi.

Bassman, who met up with Bruce Bellocchi back in October of '07, had some of his fighters fighting on Bellocchi's Nov '07 card. After meeting up with Bellocchi, who Bassman calls "charming and seductive", discussions began about Bassman and Bellocchi doing buisness together to promote a card in January. The deal was that Valor fighting would be providing their license to promote events to Bellocchi so as to put on the January 12th show.

In short, the contract stated that the WCO would handle all marketing and pre negotiation with fighters to decide on their purses. Valor would be providing the license and be handling all production, something they had a lot of experience in. Financially, the contract stated that WCO would pay $20,000 to rent the license. Two main clauses in the contract were that WCO would cover all cost for the show and the second was that Valor had no financial responsibility for costs pretaining to the show

Link

Post #1   1/24/08 8:16:22PM   

Gipper

RIP Evan Tanner 1971-2008

Gipper Avatar

Career:214-126
Chips:
interesting....still pissed that the event didn't take place. some good fights. can't wait to see babalu back. he looked great in his last fight. babalu is back. top 10 lhw.

Post #2   1/24/08 10:18:38PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by Gipper

interesting....still pissed that the event didn't take place. some good fights. can't wait to see babalu back. he looked great in his last fight. babalu is back. top 10 lhw.

yea, i wish the UFC took him back, especially with how things are in the LHW division right now, a remtach with shogun would be nuts, or a fight with wanderlei...there is just so many fights out there for him, its crazy, i hope he finds his way back into the UFC with some quality wins...

i also wanted to see this event , especially with guys like mark kerr fight (one of my all time favs), and the card had some good potential with alot of UFC vets, too bad it didnt happen, but putting on a show isnt a easy as it looks, escpecially since they have to promote with money out of their pockets........unlike boxing, since the TV pays for that, thats why boxers get paid more, but everyday MMA is getting closer

Post #3   1/24/08 10:36:08PM