Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Angle Calls Lesnar A "Mental Midget"

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Kurt Angle, in a radio appearance promoting TNA Wrestling's upcoming PPV, also briefly talked about Brock Lesnar in MMA. He called Brock a "mental midget" and said he'd win if little to no pressure was on him.

Article

Post #1   1/24/08 8:12:25AM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
WHO CARES ABOUT WHAT KURT ANGLE SAID ABOUT BROCK LESNAR

First of all, how in the world does this article qualify as "news"?! Second of all, I am tired of the endless "he said, she said" rumor mill gossip fest. Third of all, I do not care about ballet dancers, so let's try to keep the news section focused on professional fighters, not "professional" wrestlers.

Post #2   1/24/08 9:00:48AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
thats a little harsh as i think some people are interested in what people who know people have to say about them, in another piece of the puzzle kind of way. then again i didnt bother to read the article so...

Post #3   1/24/08 9:06:49AM   

FromHereOn

Learning to Sprawl

FromHereOn Avatar

Career:103-67
Chips:
Better a 'mental midget' than a literal faggot.

Post #4   1/24/08 9:20:59AM   

xburbx

MMA Regular

xburbx Avatar

Career:645-394
Camp: rafrojas
Chips:
I'm not sold on or defending Brock Lesnar, but to say he crumbles under pressure is a dumb comment. Being at his level in NCAA, he has been under some serious pressure and clearly performed.

Post #5   1/24/08 9:23:15AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
He crumbles under pressue in a fake sport.

Okay?

And Kurt Angle's opinion means what, exactly?

Post #6   1/24/08 10:01:49AM   

MMAnomale

MMA Regular

MMAnomale Avatar

Career:155-77
Chips:
chokes when under pressure? Yeah, just look at his collegiate wrestling career. He was an amazing college athlete. Besides, how could you say someone chokes when you're basing your opinion on "wrestling." It's totally fake BS and I could give a damn less about what he did in the WWE or whatever its called now. That's nothing but a soap opera for 7 year old boys and retarded men who still will argue about its authenticity. I hate wrestling and have never liked it, even when I was a child, but I don't think Kurt's opinion means anything considering what he's basing it on. Maybe he should step into the octogon and see how he does under pressure in a REAL fight.

Post #7   1/24/08 11:19:38AM   

Jujiden

MMA Regular

Jujiden Avatar

Career:263-145
Camp: Jujiden MMA
Chips:
Angle stays relevant ONLY by being a tool about the abilities of other fighters. It seems to me more and more that being a jerk isn't just a ploy by Angle but is actually how he is in real life (ala Pros vs. Joes). I would love to see UFC sign Angle to a one fight contract and let someone knock the taste for MMA out of his mouth.

Post #8   1/24/08 1:01:28PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

First of all, how in the world does this article qualify as "news"?! Second of all, I am tired of the endless "he said, she said" rumor mill gossip fest. Third of all, I do not care about ballet dancers, so let's try to keep the news section focused on professional fighters, not "professional" wrestlers.

how is this not news? keep it up DC

Post #9   1/24/08 1:54:36PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Dude, chill out. Turns out you have to share this site with the rest of the world...

And I dare you to call a real professional wrestler a ballet dancer... You'd be picking your teeth up afterwards.

You little MMA elitists are ruining this site. You cannot make up for the fact that you are a new fan by trashing everything that ISNT MMA.

The real fans know the ties of MMA to Pro Wrestling all over the world, maybe you should spend a little more time researching this sport that you love so much, rather than knocking wrestlers as a whole. If you dont like it, fine, but to claim that it has no business here...

People may think the same about you...

(and YOU are JT War Wagon? Man, you need a refresher course in the basics... We dont bash fighters there.)

Last edited 1/24/08 6:24PM server time by rcg916
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #10   1/24/08 6:22:55PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
ANGLE IS ALL TALK. HE WAS SUPOSE TO FIGHT KEN SHAMROCK BUT WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO CONTRACT SIGNING HE WAS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN. I WOULD LOVE NOTHING MORE THEN TO SEE HIM GET KTFO.

Post #11   1/24/08 6:37:50PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

ANGLE IS ALL TALK. HE WAS SUPOSE TO FIGHT KEN SHAMROCK BUT WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO CONTRACT SIGNING HE WAS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN. I WOULD LOVE NOTHING MORE THEN TO SEE HIM GET KTFO.

See? Another guy thats misinformed... Angle said he wanted a fight, the IFL came calling... They had a meeting... IFL offered up Ken Shamrock... Angle said he was just entertaining offers, and didnt want to debut against someone so experienced.

End of story,. There was no official offer. It was publicity for Angle, as well as the IFL. Period.

Post #12   1/24/08 7:02:04PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
Im not a fan of wrestling or havent been since around the time i got my first pube..But i like Kurt Angle maybe because hes from Pittsburgh and Im Biased..But he's really not a douche in real life like he potrays on TV My 9 yr old cousin is a wrestling freak and he meet Angle got pics and an autograph my uncle said he was nice down to earth dude..Most of TV is for entertainment right?? i thought it was hilarious the way he was messing with those guys on PVJ.

Last edited 1/24/08 7:26PM server time by 40ouncetofreedom
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   1/24/08 7:25:48PM   

gabe531

Standup Guy

gabe531 Avatar

Career:1,238-669
Chips:
he was doin radio for publicity for upcoming tna ppv. why wouldnt he call out lesnar. that will draw fans. and to bash pro wrestling is somewhat retarded to me. face it if there were no WWE then seriously would mma be a sport?? there wouldnt be ufc or ifl on tv. be thankful for wrestling. it may not be what you like but its entertainment. its in there name. they dont call it a sport why would you.

Post #14   1/24/08 8:49:40PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,337-741
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Post #15   1/25/08 3:26:06AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2