Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chuck Liddell vs. Keith Jardine II up next?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
QUOTE "My next fight will probably be in the summer and I am thinking about Jardine since Jackson is already scheduled to fight (Forrest Griffin). I can’t wait around (for Jackson). I love the sport and I think I have a couple years left in me. I’m a very competitive person. I don’t even like to lose at things I’m not good at."

Chuck Liddell reiterates that he wants to rematch Keith Jardine next

LINK

Last edited 1/24/08 7:57AM server time by CornishMMA
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   1/24/08 7:57:30AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Jardine already beat him up. I say give Keith someone else that can get him closer to a title shot and have Chuck fight someone else too.

Post #2   1/24/08 8:05:45AM   

atlas777

Standup Guy

atlas777 Avatar

Career:577-375
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
I wouldnt mind seeing the rematch actually i mean everyone else in the ufc gets rmatches whenever they are beat why shouldnt chuck get a shot to prove that he is better than jardine show trhat maybe he was off that fight and looking past him who knows i just love to watch chuck fight.

Post #3   1/24/08 8:46:07AM   

ufcboss

In Full Mount

ufcboss Avatar

Career:404-246
Chips:
I personally would love to see Jardine get Knocked Out, Chuck Liddell style.
He done a good job last time but I cant see it happening again, Liddell will come out with a bloodlust for him.

If Jardine wins he will get a title shot, But so will Chuck.

And not getting to excited, Im really curious to see if Rampage can go 3-0, Not willing Forrest to lose, But I would like to see that, Big time.

Post #4   1/24/08 8:59:06AM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
What?!?!

Agree with Boo_R

hahaha funny "....since Jackson is already schedule.." he still think he's God or something?

Post #5   1/24/08 9:04:19AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
if i was keith jardine i would avoid this fight like the plague and i dont mean that in a bad way it just seems like he would have little to gain and a lot to lose...although if they dangle a title shot he will probably take it. imo he will be in for a world of hurt, although i thought he would get ktfo last time so who knows.

Post #6   1/24/08 9:09:33AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

What?!?!

Agree with Boo_R

hahaha funny "....since Jackson is already schedule.." he still think he's God or something?

He doesn't deserve a title shot for his next fight yet IMO. 1-1 since losing it isn't really enough to get a shot in the strongest division in the UFC, give him one more big fight.

Last edited 1/24/08 9:10AM server time by Boo_Radley21
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   1/24/08 9:09:52AM   

EpicTerran

MMA Regular

EpicTerran Avatar

Career:658-391
Camp: Wolfpack Crew
Chips:
should be a good rematch , hopefully chuck pulls his head out of his ass and throws some more kicks

Post #8   1/24/08 9:15:26AM   

vick_vega

Banned

Career:23-21
Chips:
Notice how he wont call out Lyoto Machida caues he will get his butt kicked.

Post #9   1/24/08 9:38:37AM   

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by vick_vega

If I were Chuck, I'd want a chance to redeem myself, too, before "calling out" anyone else.

Anyone with an ounce of competitive spirit would. Unless they're scared.

That being said...I personally don't think it's fair to Jardine. If anything, give Jardine a fight against a top contender and THEN if he loses, he should fight Chuck again. Until then...I say the rematch should wait.

Post #10   1/24/08 9:47:37AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,431-836
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

What?!?!

Agree with Boo_R

While Chuck is probably still the number one draw in the UFC,I gotta agree with you on that.

I think a rematch with Jardine will be good for liddell,but I believe it should have been Jardine getting the title shot against Forrest.If he beats Jardine,I think that puts him back on the right track for a title shot.With that being said,I think Liddell is going to have to prove himself against some of the elite in the LHW diviison.

Yeah Chuck has already proved himself time and time again.No one can deny that.But as of right now you can make so many interesting matchups in the division,that I really want to see a few other guys get their moment to shine.If Chuck comes back in dominating fashion and can win his next two fights,I say give him a title shot.If not,well I think the fan service needs to stop or at least slow down.

If they rush him back into the title picture too fast and he loses,I think it's going to prove difficult to get him back in a comfortable posisiton in the division.It would be like building him down instead of building him back up.So I think a rematch against Jardine will be good very good for Chuck if he wins,but if he comes out and loses,then that will be a major road block between him and the title.

With the way the match making goes,I'm predicting that if Chuck beats Jardine,he will probably get an automatic title shot.

Post #11   1/24/08 9:52:57AM   

FantasyFighter

MMA Regular

FantasyFighter Avatar

Career:238-145
Camp: MMA Legends
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by vick_vega

If I were Chuck, I'd want a chance to redeem myself, too, before "calling out" anyone else.

Anyone with an ounce of competitive spirit would. Unless they're scared.

That being said...I personally don't think it's fair to Jardine. If anything, give Jardine a fight against a top contender and THEN if he loses, he should fight Chuck again. Until then...I say the rematch should wait.

Couldnt have said it better...

Post #12   1/24/08 10:53:29AM   

MMAnomale

MMA Regular

MMAnomale Avatar

Career:155-77
Chips:
I would want to avenge any loss, especially to Jardine, no offense. This time, maybe Liddell will prepare for Jardine's kicks and possibly throw some of his own. Jardine kept him away by kicking him, and did considerable damange to his legs and body and almost knocked him out with the head kick.
Lyoto Machida is bad ass. His kicking skills are among the best in MMA, if not the best. They are so quick and technical and although they may not have the power of some other fighters (very few, like CroCop), he can still knock you out with one. Machida is so young and has such a good future ahead of him, barring any unfortanate injuries. I would like to see Liddell/Machida, but first I would like to see him get revenge on Jardine. The problem is, if he wins, Jardine would want a third "tie-breaker" fight, and I wouldn't blame him either. However, with Chuck's interviews, he admits to only having a couple of years left, and wants to fight for the title again, especially against Rampage.

Post #13   1/24/08 11:25:34AM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:665-468
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Jardine already beat him up. I say give Keith someone else that can get him closer to a title shot and have Chuck fight someone else too.

Jardine didn't really beat him up. He won by split but I agree I'd rather see these guys fight other people rather then have a rematch.

Keith vs. Wandy
Liddell vs. Sokodoujou

Post #14   1/24/08 11:56:30AM   

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by vick_vega

I'd rather see a Lyoto v. Thiago S. before i'd like to see Chuck in there against him.

Maybe a fight against either Rashad or Gouveia is more fitting for where Chuck is at.
Comments??

Post #15   1/24/08 11:57:35AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2