Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 13 - APRIL 2nd - Fight Card Discussion

Print  
WHO WINS AND HOW?
FLORIAN KO/TKO 15 16%
LAUZON KO/TKO 16 17%
FLORIAN SUBMISSION 23 24%
LAUZON SUBMISSION 13 14%
FLORIAN DECISION 21 22%
LAUZON DECISION 7 7%
  Page 5 of 6   <<   2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
I still may end up going that way if im felling like an upset pick, im always very wary of fighters after an injury and a long time out (and getting arrested ) and so if Din doesnt go all out for a submission in the fight he could be in trouble

There are more likely underdogs to win imo tho, im liking the looks of wagers on this event, 12 fights is crazy, props to anybody who goes 12-0

Post #61   3/14/08 1:18:45PM   

bantherj

Learning to Sprawl

bantherj Avatar

Career:91-71
Camp: Hawker Haymakers
Chips:

Posted by GraMMA

Goldberg said on the UFN last night that Frankie Edgar will be on this card too.It would be nice if they could make this one three hours and show a couple more fights.

I missed that part I guess but it would be great to see.

Post #62   3/15/08 3:31:18PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bantherj

Posted by GraMMA

Goldberg said on the UFN last night that Frankie Edgar will be on this card too.It would be nice if they could make this one three hours and show a couple more fights.

I missed that part I guess but it would be great to see.

LOL WTF
YOU UP TO DATE ON THE FACTS BRO

Shame about Fisher pulling out but its good they have salvaged the fight and now have Aurelio fighting a late replacement in Jim Miller (10-1) makes it so theres still 12 fights on the card - 2 more than any other event

The UFC site updated its list again but i still think the Edgar Maynard fight will the swing bout and NOT take place before the broadcast starts, once a fight ends early (ie - the 1st fight with Houston Irvin) they will then have Edgar VS Maynard

Post #63   3/18/08 9:26:41AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:
I added some bits to the 1st post, just watched the promo for it and it makes it sound like the petition made it go to 3 hours

UFC FIGHT NIGHT PROMO VIDEO

This event WILL BE 3 hours long and starts on SPIKE at 7pm, it is followed by TUF7 Premiere. Its on in the UK 3 days later Saturday night, sadly at Midnight-3am

Post #64   3/19/08 12:47:45PM   

skinnator

Standup Guy

skinnator Avatar

Career:94-81
Chips:
You know what excites me about this Card. There are 3 Armenians in it so I will NOT MISS IT and Florian should win and Gambu,Karo and Mitch should all win in their matches.

Post #65   3/21/08 12:13:13AM   

loganakers

Learning to Sprawl

loganakers Avatar

Career:27-8
Camp: team hate
Chips:
man i has to piss manny and nate off that 1 manny beat j-lau in the show and 2 that nate won the show however j-lau is in the main event and manny in in the prelims of a 3 hour fight card

Post #66   3/24/08 4:01:46PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

LOL you are going to last long, you cant call fighters little bit**es dude, ffs some new members are clueless sometimes!

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

sorry to break this to you Cornish but Pookie actually has a better Season and Career record. and btw i see Thomas submitting Neer in the 1st or 2nd round most likely by choke. Neer has shown to be very inconsistent with his submission defense and i feel that against a fighter like Din that spells trouble.

EDIT: and congrats on 2000

Errrrm no he may have picked more correct fighters but my season rank is #943 and Pookies is #1760 ...... that makes mine better its all bout points!

You of all people should know how The hot event leaves discrepencies like that. Plus im more likely to get the fight right then you are(although you may get more points) because of my winning percentage

^i love that gif

Post #67   3/25/08 1:59:56AM   

thehxeclosetcanadian

Learning to Sprawl

thehxeclosetcanadian Avatar

Career:1,162-807
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
I hope no one seriously thinks that Florian is going to beat Lauzon!!! Florian is a little overrated! And you can't say, "Well, he took Sherk 5 rounds!", because everyone has taken Sherk 5 rounds.

Anyway, Lauzon via 2nd armbar!

As much as I would love to see Thiago Alves win this fight by KO, I'm guessing Karo's Judo will let him throw Alves around and he'll ground out a decision as usual!

Matt Hammill by KO in the 1st or second, only because I think Boetsch showed some potential versus Heath, but Hammill is too good a wrestler and will apply some brutal GnP to finish this one!

I'm not a Nate Diaz fan, but he has surprised me in every fight! I think he might have a problem with Pelligrino! I think Pellegrino might pull this one out, so I'll say: Batman via UD!

I'm picking the SANDMAN!!! I love James Irvin and he has had some unfortunate circumstances in the past couple years! I am not a Houston fan and I knew Silva would knock him out! It depends on how serious he took his training.....if he worked we could see a Decision!
Sandman via 1st round TKO

I do not even remember who I picked for Maynard and Edgar and I will not choose on here...........yeah I will, Edgar via Split decision

Other than that I really don't want to talk about the rest! If you disagree with my picks........sorry

Post #68   3/31/08 3:19:25AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Chips:

Posted by thehxeclosetcanadian

I hope no one seriously thinks that Florian is going to beat Lauzon!!! Florian is a little overrated! And you can't say, "Well, he took Sherk 5 rounds!", because everyone has taken Sherk 5 rounds.

Anyway, Lauzon via 2nd armbar!

As much as I would love to see Thiago Alves win this fight by KO, I'm guessing Karo's Judo will let him throw Alves around and he'll ground out a decision as usual!

Matt Hammill by KO in the 1st or second, only because I think Boetsch showed some potential versus Heath, but Hammill is too good a wrestler and will apply some brutal GnP to finish this one!

I'm not a Nate Diaz fan, but he has surprised me in every fight! I think he might have a problem with Pelligrino! I think Pellegrino might pull this one out, so I'll say: Batman via UD!

I'm picking the SANDMAN!!! I love James Irvin and he has had some unfortunate circumstances in the past couple years! I am not a Houston fan and I knew Silva would knock him out! It depends on how serious he took his training.....if he worked we could see a Decision!
Sandman via 1st round TKO

I do not even remember who I picked for Maynard and Edgar and I will not choose on here...........yeah I will, Edgar via Split decision

Other than that I really don't want to talk about the rest! If you disagree with my picks........sorry

Apology accepted!

Post #69   3/31/08 3:30:43AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Chips:
But in all seriousness; I have been leaning towards Lauzon for months and have recently changed to Florian. Black belt in BJJ, good muay thai, been training his stand-up for this fight with Ninja Rua, Patrick Cote, Marcus Davis, Jorge Rivera, etc.

Unless J-Lau can get on top and GNP, Florian takes it IMO. And trying to GNP in Florian's active guard doesn't sound convincing enough for me.

Post #70   3/31/08 3:34:15AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:
Exactamundo Krpo, LOL its funny with the over/under rated perceptions, i actually think Kenny is UNDERrated if anything, he has "sick muay thai" and a great BJJ game, same style as J-Lau but better in each area, the only tricky one to gauge is wrasstling

Posted by Pookie

You of all people should know how The hot event leaves discrepencies like that. Plus im more likely to get the fight right then you are(although you may get more points) because of my winning percentage

^i love that gif

LOL but mate our records would level out if you had been here to pick on the roughness that was UFC 68 and 69 and a fight night mixed in there as well i think dont try and tell me you would of picked Serra you gay avvy lil git

Post #71   4/1/08 7:47:07AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:
haha your kind of lucky yourself you didnt have to pick pride 33.

Post #72   4/1/08 1:55:23PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Ahhh but not UFC 67 cos i went 8-1 (edgar upset) with about 4 or 5 perfects, i remember cos i did picks for it myself after the ufc.com one ended but before i found this site

Post #73   4/1/08 6:16:00PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Weigh-in results:
Everyone made weight.
TV fights:
Joe Lauzon (156) vs. Kenny Florian (155.5)
Thiago Alves (171) vs. Karo Parisyan (171)
Tim Boetsch (206) vs. Matt Hamill (204)
Kurt Pellegrino (155.5) vs. Nate Diaz (156)
James Irvin (205) vs. Houston Alexander (205)

Swing bout:
Gray Maynard (155) vs. Frank Edgar (155.5)

Prelims:
Josh Neer (156) vs. Din Thomas (155)
Ryan Roberts (155.5) vs. Marcus Aurelio (154.5)
Jeff Cox (155) vs. Manny Gamburyan (155.5)
Clay Guida (156) vs. Samy Schiavo (155)
Roman Mitchiyan (170.5) vs. George Sotiropoulos (169.5)
Anthony Johnson (169.5) vs. Tommy Speer (170)

Post #74   4/1/08 6:49:09PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by Pookie

Ahhh but not UFC 67 cos i went 8-1 (edgar upset) with about 4 or 5 perfects, i remember cos i did picks for it myself after the ufc.com one ended but before i found this site

btw i originally had a different account when i first came here, and us two were identical after 36 fights. 23-13 with the same number of points... just thought id throw that out there. Your gif was still rampage slamming arona back then

Post #75   4/1/08 7:30:36PM   

Page 5 of 6   <<   2     3     4     5     6