Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

B.J. vs. GSP again? Probably not...but you can wish!!!

Print  
Posted By Message

UFCFIGHTFAN

Learning to Sprawl

Career:38-27
Chips:

I happen to love watching this sport!! I like seeing fighters commit themselves to be the best they can be and lay it all on the line. B.J. Penn has become one of those fighters. I like the fact that he knows that skill alone is not going to win every fight. I like the fact that he is a thinking fighter. How many fighters do you see using all of their limbs in the ground game? I'm not talking about knees and elbows to the ribs or head. I'm talking about locking down arms, breaking grips or blocking/moving legs for position.

Obviously I think B.J. is one of the the elite fighters in the world. And obviously I want to see him fight other elite fighters. Georges St Pierre is the only other fighter I think could handle Penn. I know he's bigger, but hey if you want to fight the best!! His style is different and he uses it wisely. He has good strikes and great kicks. He capitalizes on his own defeat. Beat him once maybe, but twice is doubtful.

So put another fight together between the two and you know that you will get the best game plan from both fighters, the best conditioning (atleast now) and a fight that should go the distance. What do you think?

Post #1   1/23/08 8:18:17PM   

sillysnail

MMA Regular

Career:19-9
Chips:
if penn beats sherk, i can guarantee you they'll fight. based on his last fight, i'm pretty certain this will happen. i imagine it will happen near the later part of 2008 since gsp will be fighting serra. i also know fitch is in line for a shot at the title, so i don't know how that will work out. at that point, i imagine both of these guys will both be on a solid roll so it should be an epic fight.

Post #2   1/23/08 10:51:38PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Dana said BJ can't move up to WW until he clears out the division at LW so it might be a long way off

Post #3   1/23/08 11:00:59PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
Bj vs GSP = money for the ufc so i think it will happen, not soon tho

Post #4   1/23/08 11:24:41PM   

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by loonytnt

Bj vs GSP = money for the ufc so i think it will happen, not soon tho

Yup if both fighters keep on winning this fight will take place and could easily break some PPV records. But it won't happen this year, maybe late next year.

Post #5   1/23/08 11:44:47PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,329-737
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Let BJ get some more wins at LW before we start talking about him moving back up to WW. He is my fav fighter at LW so rather he stay there for a while.

Post #6   1/24/08 12:55:41AM   

KidBaize

Learning to Sprawl

KidBaize Avatar

Career:1,234-668
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
I'm dyin to see it.

Post #7   1/24/08 1:22:56AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
this fight will happen it is just a matter of time...penn already said that he thinks about this rematch all the time. imo he is the only one who can beat gsp with anything other than a punchers chance.

also it is kind of a pet peeve of mine when someone throws out a fantasy match and someone else says "it is too early to talk about that". if someone wants to talk about it then it is not too early so dont respond if you dont wish to particicipate. if i want to know how bj would do against fedor then that is fair enought (although id agree thats stupid).

anyways this fight, assuming that both guys dont get set back will be HUGE, and not only that but an absolute war. lets hope its for a title because i want to see it go all five rounds and that is probably what will happen. ive got GSP by unanimous decision but i would not be surprised if bj pulled it off.

Post #8   1/24/08 9:36:21AM   

garrick

MMA Regular

garrick Avatar

Career:222-122
Camp: Pitbulls
Chips:
I think this would be a very exciting match. Their first encounter was a very close fight. This would be very exciting match.

Post #9   1/24/08 10:08:09AM   

KeNn

Standup Guy

KeNn Avatar

Career:93-76
Chips:
GSP= Fav Fighter.

BUT Penn= SUB 2nd Round

Post #10   1/24/08 12:19:07PM   

nibrack11

Banned

Career:99-53
Chips:
i think that penn would beat gsp faster then last time gsp would try to take him down but bj would use his good bjj and submit him and hes even bettter at stand up then him.

Post #11   1/25/08 12:13:59PM