Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Another WWE Wrestler Joining MMA

Print  
  Page 2 of 6     1     2     3     4     5   >>
Posted By Message

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

Posted by THE_DRiZzLE

what i'm wondering is how many of these WWE guys and the likes juice up? and if so, how much of a part that may play in trying to cross over into MMA.. just a thought..

i can't b/c i have no knowledge but i have never heard of lashley jucing and i know for a fact that Brock Lesnar has never ever juiced he honestly just started wokring out a realy young age

Listen, I'm no "professional" wrestling aficionado but even I happen to know that Lesnar didn't bulk up to the size he is now until towards the end of his college wrestling career.

Post #16   1/23/08 7:07:03PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by rcg916

Posted by kevietre

After Mir makes an example out of Lesnar these pro wrestlers will learn you can't use steel chairs in MMA. Sure this guys a physical speciemen but he has no technique, skill, or attributes in the world of MMA.

Wow. No technique or skill...

The guy freaking won THREE Collegiate National Championships.

And placed fourth his first year.

Are you kidding?

Wrestling bashing is out of hand. If you guys had any clue what it took to do what they do, you may have some respect...

Are you talking about "professional" wrestling, or the real sport ("amateur" wrestling)?

EDIT crap sorry for double post

Last edited 1/23/08 7:08PM server time by silverbullet
Edit note/reason: double post :(

Post #17   1/23/08 7:08:15PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,200-1,311
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
to the guy who know "foir a fact" that Brock didnt use steroids....I highly doubt that...I'm not saying he did for sure either, but we have a local around here...who was a wrestler, Big dude, bodybuilder, probably 5-11 245lb or so, and had an interview with Vince McMahon.....Vince wouldnt sign him unless he agreed to "get a little help from him, with his physique....which he will provide"...so I think the behind the scenes aspect of the WWE is pretty dirty.

Post #18   1/23/08 7:18:11PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,572-930
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I for one am kind of hoping some of these pro-wrestlers transition over very well into MMA.I think to bash them just because they are part of worked matches,or just because of the fact that they are pro-wrestlers is crazy.These guys work very hard at what they do,and if they want to attempt to be a succsess in MMA,I could only give them respect.

Post #19   1/23/08 8:03:11PM   

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,904-1,184
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
its vary dirty run by a backstaber(Vince) but that where the money is at
also its "Sports entertainment" just had to throw that in there
one more thing WWE guys can take a beat down just cause some things are fake I really doubt any MMA fight could handle what WWE guys do right away I also want to put that out there
and one more thing those guys destroy their bodies way more than MMA fighters

I have Respect for MMA fighters
and Respect for WWE wrestlers

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #20   1/23/08 8:06:36PM   

THE_DRiZzLE

MMA Legend

THE_DRiZzLE Avatar

Career:122-61
Chips:
i wouldn't go as far as to bash them.. but i find it hard to take them seriously.. and only time will tell.. it's not the wrestling aspect that has me troubled.. i respect wrestling and the skill set it involves.. it's the PRO WRESTLING side of it that makes me iffy.. such as WWE & WCW and so on.. i haven't taken these organizations seriously since i was like 10 years old.. and that aint saying much.. and honestly i could care less about all the hoopla..

Post #21   1/23/08 8:21:23PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Well, its probably going to be a while before we see what Lashley has got. Say what you want about the guy but I sure as hell wouldn't fight him........but Wandy would!

Post #22   1/23/08 8:51:26PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
bobby lashley doesnt juice. he's a beast. I know the guy from when he used to wrestle down here in kentucky. he works out constantly. Hell half the time u would see him running down the road for an hour or so before the shows started. and Ive seen the in a straight wrestling match not body slams and stuff but a wrestling match with Santino morella (a former mma fighter, his name is anthony something). and he is a freak when it comes to his wrestling. and with all his credentials in the army, he could really do something in mma.

Post #23   1/23/08 11:27:27PM   

cgentili

Learning to Sprawl

cgentili Avatar

Career:720-372
Chips:
I Cant wait to see Lashley and Brock take on some serious opponents. There are few (if any) pro wrestling stars who are more capable of making this crossover then thease 2.
I think most of us will be quite surprised by the ability of 2 men who are comming from a world usually spit on by most sports fans.
Most people coming into MMA usualy are seriously lacking in cardio more then anything else and there is a lot more cardio training required for pro wrestlers then they are usually credited for.

Post #24   1/24/08 12:03:45AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,038-1,167
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by cgentili

Most people coming into MMA usualy are seriously lacking in cardio more then anything else and there is a lot more cardio training required for pro wrestlers then they are usually credited for.

Fair point dude

Post #25   1/24/08 1:42:44AM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Are you talking about "professional" wrestling, or the real sport ("amateur" wrestling)?

I said Collegiate... Theres no college Pro Wrestling.

Yes, the real sport. You sound surprised...

Post #26   1/24/08 6:29:20AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
LOL at the MMA snobbery with all of this stuff

Its sad yuo guys have to mock guys like this making out they have no chance of success in MMA, they would always have a very good base in wrestling so wtf is the need for comments like "god help us all" is totally beyong me

Also to say this guy has no skills and what the hell is he doing etc like kevitere said is pretty much not reading the article, it said he has STARTED training mma, why is he not allowed to do this just cos he was in WWE?

MMA snobbery at its best, i really wanna see Brock shut up the haters now

Post #27   1/24/08 7:39:49AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
Professional wrestlers take a huge beating on their bodies, much more than an MMA fighter (rarely, i.e. silva kneeing franklin, sylvia's arm breaking, etc.). Their bodies get tossed around like rag dolls. I do have respect for pro wrestling. It doesnt mean they all should come to MMA. Dana is already saying Brock can easily be the HW champion. give me a break Dana, he won one fight. I just hope UFC doesnt become a WWE freak show.

Post #28   1/24/08 7:50:47AM   

blinkfenix2000

Learning to Sprawl

blinkfenix2000 Avatar

Career:248-135
Chips:
The UFC will be inducting Mark Coleman into their Hall of Fame this year....and what is Mark Coleman? A pure wrestler. Lesnar and Lashley are proven, high level wrestlers...I don't think you should write them off just yet.

Post #29   1/24/08 8:46:07AM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Lashley did juice. He failed a drug test while right after he went out with his injury and when he showed up at the Nick Teen awards or wherever the hell he was at he was visibly about 25 pounds lighter.

Lashley also said he wants to try MMA but he does not want to fight in the UFC, so we wont have to worry about that.

Post #30   1/24/08 10:21:03AM   

Page 2 of 6     1     2     3     4     5   >>