Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Keith Jardine Could Return in May

Print  
Posted By Message

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
Rumors that rising light heavyweight contender Keith Jardine (13-3-1 MMA, 5-2 UFC) might be added to an already-star-studded UFC 82 event apparently have no basis.

Sources close to the fighter today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Jardine’s future is uncertain but that he’s definitely not expecting to be part of UFC 82, which takes place March 1 in Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

Jardine’s been on the bench ever since the upset, which catapulted him up the world light-heavyweight rankings. In fact, many outlets currently have Jardine ranked within the division’s top five.

Jardine’s been on the bench ever since the upset, which catapulted him up the world light-heavyweight rankings. In fact, many outlets currently have Jardine ranked within the division’s top five.

Regardless, Jardine is expected to return in or around May for his next bout, though the UFC continues to look for a suitable opponent.

LINK

Post #1   1/22/08 9:52:06PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-469
Chips:
It probably wont happen but I would love to see a Houston vs. Jardine rematch. They would def. go toe to toe again and I wouldnt mind seeing Jardine get dropped like he did in the first fight if thats even possible.

Post #2   1/22/08 10:04:12PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
The only fight worthly for him to fight right now besides awaiting a title shot is a rematch with Chuck so he can shut up every Chuck fan who actually thought that fight was close. I thought it was a Unanimous Decision and Jardine clearly won two rounds with one being arguable. Any other point and it's just hurting Jardine's title hopes and I'll be disappointed since Houston will be busy in March I doubt unless he clears Irvin in 30 seconds that he'd take Jardine in May.

Even though it is very possible and I want Houston to take Jardines head off to prove it wasn't luck

Post #3   1/22/08 10:09:48PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

The only fight worthly for him to fight right now besides awaiting a title shot is a rematch with Chuck so he can shut up every Chuck fan who actually thought that fight was close. I thought it was a Unanimous Decision and Jardine clearly won two rounds with one being arguable. Any other point and it's just hurting Jardine's title hopes and I'll be disappointed since Houston will be busy in March I doubt unless he clears Irvin in 30 seconds that he'd take Jardine in May.

Even though it is very possible and I want Houston to take Jardines head off to prove it wasn't luck

Yeah Jardine gave Chuck a beating. I think he should get a shot at Forrest if he wins the title, or even Rampage if he keeps the title. He should have been further ahead in line for a shot than Forrest IMO, but he'll get his chance eventually.

Post #4   1/22/08 10:13:25PM   

CiaoBaby

MMA Regular

CiaoBaby Avatar

Career:688-482
Camp: The Fatherless Bastards
Chips:
Jardine Shogun?

Post #5   1/23/08 1:44:38AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,411-771
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

The only fights that are WORTHY for him to fight is for the title or Chuck. There are a lot of other LHW out there that I don't think you are taking in to account. The LHW division is so stacked right now its crazy. There are so many fighters he could fight that would be great fights. I think you kind of making the same mistake he did when he said Houston wasn't worthy. I think I Chuck rematch would be good but there are a lot of other fighter he could fight. I like the thought of him taking on Shogun.

Post #6   1/23/08 2:21:29AM   

ufcboss

In Full Mount

ufcboss Avatar

Career:404-246
Chips:
Yep, Give him Shogun. Just to really mess up the MMATH even more!

Seriously, Shogun sound's perfect.

Post #7   1/23/08 4:37:38AM   

LayinFrame

dont taze me bro.

LayinFrame Avatar

Career:118-108
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:

Posted by ufcboss

Yep, Give him Shogun. Just to really mess up the MMATH even more!

Seriously, Shogun sound's perfect.

Post #8   1/23/08 4:46:48AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
Let him fight chuck so he can make that loss on his record not look THAT BAD

Post #9   1/23/08 7:24:57AM   

steve_mckay

Learning to Sprawl

Career:535-323
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
The last thing I want to see is a Jardin / Chuck rematch or a Houston / Jardin rematch right away. There are a lot of exciting and interesting match ups in this division without having a rematch. He could fight Thiago Silva, Shogun, W. Silva, machida, or tito.

I would like to see Houston fight the African Assasin.

Chuck could fight Shogun

Jardin could fight thiago silva and the winner could fight the winner of Rampage/ Forrest.

Give Silva a break and let him get back on the winning track for 1 fight.

machida fights tito.

Last edited 1/23/08 7:33AM server time by steve_mckay
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   1/23/08 7:25:28AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
i want to see the jardine vs forrest rematch! even though forrest is most likely fighting for the title

Post #11   1/23/08 2:59:24PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Posted by NatedawgThaM

The only fights that are WORTHY for him to fight is for the title or Chuck. There are a lot of other LHW out there that I don't think you are taking in to account. The LHW division is so stacked right now its crazy. There are so many fighters he could fight that would be great fights. I think you kind of making the same mistake he did when he said Houston wasn't worthy. I think I Chuck rematch would be good but there are a lot of other fighter he could fight. I like the thought of him taking on Shogun.

I guess I should have said the only fight that is meaningful for him to fight. Every fight he fights in is a risk to losing and losing that title shot I think he should get with the winner of Forrest/Rampage. I mean if he beats Shogun, nobody will care since everybody seems to think PRIDE is overrated these days. The only meaningful fights are too prove the Chuck fight wasn't a fluke and avenging that Houston lost. Any other fight I fear is a step down.

Post #12   1/23/08 3:19:46PM