Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Official TUF7 Thread - Inc Rumored Fighters (NO SPOILERS!)

Print  
Will TUF7 be the best TUF ever?
Yes Rampage and Forrest are quality 67 48%
No I hate Rampage and Forrest 0 0%
Maybe 33 23%
No nothing will beat TUF1 27 19%
Yes cos Dana said so 6 4%
The MW fighters/fights will suck 8 6%
  Page 4 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:796-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
So im watching the stream from spike, since i stayed up for ufn i figured i might aswell watch it all, and i dont know how you guys manage to sit through all these god damn commercial breaks! jesus. If i see another add for one of those burger king breakfast wraps or that movie about fear that comes on at the start of every break, im going to crack up!

Post #46   4/2/08 10:53:01PM   

HMA123

MMA Regular

HMA123 Avatar

Career:60-44
Chips:
Yea TUF1 definetly probly will be the best , because the people on it and what happened. But like people said forrest and rmpage are funny as helll.but lemme tell you it would suck if your coming on the show all excited and sh*t, and then find out you have to fight your way in then lose lol. wow

Post #47   4/3/08 8:25:16AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by HMA123

Yea TUF1 definetly probly will be the best

I was not aware that Ed Tom Bell had joined the playground. I'm definitely, probably just messin', man.

Posted by HMA123
, because the people on it and what happened. But like people said forrest and rmpage are funny as helll.but lemme tell you it would suck if your coming on the show all excited and sh*t, and then find out you have to fight your way in then lose lol. wow

I dunno, I think it's a little too early to count this season out. I personally am glad that they started with 32 guys and made them fight initially. It's good to be able to watch these guys fight before watching them in the house. I also am sick and tired of guys like Gabe Rudiger, Marlon Sims, etc. who come on the show and talk about being bad but can't back it up. So it's good to know that the fighters in the house actually deserve to be in there. Although I think they did match up a couple of guys who could have both made it into the house and match up a couple of guys who neither one would have made it into the house, if the match-ups were different. Either way, in the end there will be only 1 fighter who won't have lost.

I think it'll be good, Page and Forest are entertaining guys.

"DAMN!!! That's all I'm gonna write for notes on this guy"
"Oh, hell! I don't even know how to spell what I'm trying to write."
"That guy's good, he's got good power... did you smell that guy? That's probably why he knocked the other guy out, with his stench... you can have him."

-Edit-
Not to mention the one I thought was the funniest. After Page heard the guy had to cut 17lbs just to fight:

"Come on, 17lbs"
"Let's go 17"
"Who you picking? The fat @$$?"

Last edited 4/3/08 1:45PM server time by TNunley
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #48   4/3/08 1:44:28PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,202-1,233
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Was it just me or did Forrest seem grumpy? (I'm not setting up a Forrest Grump joke or anything). He didn't seem to have anything positive to say about the fighters, just a lot of "You gotta be kidding me!!" He already sounds like he's going to be tough to deal with.

Overall I thought it was a good idea to have them fight to get on the show. Like the one guy said "I quit my job, I sold my cars; I'm not going home after 48 hours" - puts it in perspective pretty quickly.

Post #49   4/3/08 1:50:23PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TNunley
-Edit-
Not to mention the one I thought was the funniest. After Page heard the guy had to cut 17lbs just to fight:

"Come on, 17lbs"
"Let's go 17"
"Who you picking? The fat @$$?"

Those are great...did you hear "loser gets a hair cut!" to the two guys with mohawks?

Post #50   4/3/08 1:51:41PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

Those are great...did you hear "loser gets a hair cut!" to the two guys with mohawks?

LMAO!! Yeah, I had forgotten about that one. With the guy with the blonde hair and black streaks.

Almost everything he said was hilarious. I can't remember most of it though.

Post #51   4/3/08 2:30:21PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
Amir has so much potential its not even funny. He's an am. kickboxer with no pro experience and he beat a guy that has fought in the UFC before! Granted the guy he beat was nothing special but he had so much more experience and Amir still won and by armbar! Once Amir learns the ins-and-outs of grappling/wrestling he will be a BEAST.I don't think he will win the show, but in a few years or so I expect him to be a great fighter.

Another fighter I'm looking out for is Paul Bradley, he's a beastly wrester and he's huge! He's 5'8'', but he has about as much muscle as you can fit onto a 185lb frame. I expect Dolce to go far, he has experience against some good fighters, and a lot of people are praising CB Dollaway; I've never seen him fight but I'll keep an eye out for him as well.

Post #52   4/3/08 3:36:20PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

Was it just me or did Forrest seem grumpy? (I'm not setting up a Forrest Grump joke or anything). He didn't seem to have anything positive to say about the fighters, just a lot of "You gotta be kidding me!!" He already sounds like he's going to be tough to deal with.

Overall I thought it was a good idea to have them fight to get on the show. Like the one guy said "I quit my job, I sold my cars; I'm not going home after 48 hours" - puts it in perspective pretty quickly.

I have to agree, he did sound like he was annoyed by their mistakes. Granted, some of them were stupid mistakes, but he has to remember that a lot of these guys are not as experienced as him.

Post #53   4/3/08 7:27:13PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
There were many funny rampage quotes already

Wish every episode has that many fights, but its good to weed out the weakest fighters, the main fights should be more competative than the past few seasons, looking forward to this sick KO next week

Post #54   4/4/08 9:58:55AM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

There were many funny rampage quotes already

Wish every episode has that many fights, but its good to weed out the weakest fighters, the main fights should be more competative than the past few seasons, looking forward to this sick KO next week

Yeah, I'm excited as well. Especially since this is the first season that I get to see all the way through. Anyways, I have a feeling that it is Brandon Sene who provides the sick KO or maybe Gerald Harris, as he has some heavy hands.

Post #55   4/4/08 6:48:56PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Chips:
It must really suck for the 16 guys going home - who knows what they gave up to come out to L.V. thinking they were going to be spending several weeks there.

Lol at the hyperbole being used on the show - "knockout of the century".

If you saw the trailer at the end of the show it looks like there will be the usual (if not greater) amount of destruction of property in this season.

Post #56   4/10/08 10:46:05AM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
From what they showed on what happens in the rest of the season it looks like the house gets absolutely trashed......again. Don't know what to think of these fighters yet, I still only think there's 3-4 good/ok fighters on the show. I'll have to wait and see how the rest of the fights go. Gerald Harris looked good and showed good wrestling/GNP as usual, Tim C. showed his BJJ is really good (even though it looked like the other guy had no ground game what so ever), and Jesse Taylor was impressive as well.

Post #57   4/10/08 11:33:37AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:796-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
Im looking forward to seeing when pisses rampage off, it looked like he was just going to destroy that entire room in the clip at the end.

Post #58   4/10/08 2:21:41PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
matt brown to win the tuf series, the smallest, but the deadliest !!!!

Post #59   4/14/08 1:50:41PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Chips:
I lol'd at Rampage when he said to bring back Tim Credeur, and Dana's like "He's still here."

Post #60   4/17/08 8:43:01AM   

Page 4 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6