Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFN 12 conference call with audio

Print  
Posted By Message

PunchyMcGee

MMA Regular

PunchyMcGee Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
From the OC Register:

Mike Swick on building his reputation as a quick finisher and whether that brings a lot of pressure:

“I don’t carry any pressure anymore. I got into all of that before. That built up a lot when I was going on my streak in the middleweight division. But, right now, I’m fighting for me and my head is really clear. I have no pressure. I don’t think about anything. I’m going to go out there and put on the best fight I can. Obviously, I’m going to try and end it as quick as I can and as dominantly as I can, but I am going to take whatever is out there. There is no pressure. That is one of the good things about this fight. I’ve learned a lot from the last fight and from my experience in the UFC. I’m going in real clear-headed and real focused."

Josh Burkman on the biggest things he learned from Tito Ortiz:

“A lot of the things I took, you know, the diet. I mean, the way those guys come together as a team. That’s their main focus. They go up to Big Bear to get rid of all the distractions. All you are doing is living with a bunch of guys. You are all cooking and eating the same food. Everybody is focused on the same task, and that’s getting ready for fights. I just took that with me back to Salt Lake. It’s kind of rubbed off on the guys around me. It’s the same mind set we have in Salt Lake at Absolute.

Patrick Cote on what kind of fight he expects against McFedries:

“I think we both have the same style. We like to stand on our feet and fight each other and that will be a lot of fireworks in this fight. That will be a good fight for the fans and for the UFC. Don’t blink because this fight can be quick. I expect a very good fight and a very entertaining fight.

Drew McFedries on coming back from Staph infection:

“I never forget. I hold grudges. Bottom line is you would like to think these things don’t happen in life, but they do. I would like to think they would happen to everyone but me, but everything seems to happen to me. I’m not worried about that at all. It keeps me driving, man. I know that unless you are struggling a little bit, you’re not living life.

McFedries on whether there was any hesitation when he first got back into the gym:

“Honestly, man, I was (expletive) (expletive). I was so upset, man, I couldn’t control myself. I was knocking people out left and right. Really, to be honest, I had a chip on my shoulder. I was hurting people. I had to take that out more on the pads. We really had to back off the live sparring."

To check out the entire rundown of the call click this link. There also is a link at the top of the story to the audio of the entire call, which is broken into two 15 minute parts:

http://punch.freedomblogging.com/2008/01/21/ufc-fight-night-12-conference-call/

Post #1   1/21/08 8:40:52PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,092-1,242
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
wow . after reading McFedries part, I dont know if I am even more confident with my pick of him winning...or if it scares me aways from it..

Post #2   1/21/08 8:44:12PM   

PunchyMcGee

MMA Regular

PunchyMcGee Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
McFedries seems pretty motivated.

Post #3   1/21/08 9:22:05PM