Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Finally: The Prodigy vs. The Muscle Shark

Print  
Penn vs. Sherk: Who wins?
Baby J 80 73%
Sherk 29 27%
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Purge

Standup Guy

Purge Avatar

Career:562-312
Chips:
Baby Jay will take out baby roid.

Post #31   1/27/08 3:17:55PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Sherk by UD, or cut, for me.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #32   1/27/08 7:14:04PM   

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Career:1,214-756
Camp: Collinsville Clan
Chips:
BJ is going to take Sherk to school that night. That's all Sherk has got is his muscle but how strong is he going to be without his roids.
Just like some of Prides big named talent, they fall short in the octagon without there juice.

You can't compare Franca's BJJ to Penn's there is no comparison.
Sherk should consider himself lucky if he even gets BJ to the ground before getting KO'd

Post #33   1/29/08 3:12:29PM   

RedCloud

MMA Regular

RedCloud Avatar

Career:265-170
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

BJ is going to take Sherk to school that night. That's all Sherk has got is his muscle but how strong is he going to be without his roids.
Just like some of Prides big named talent, they fall short in the octagon without there juice.

You can't compare Franca's BJJ to Penn's there is no comparison.
Sherk should consider himself lucky if he even gets BJ to the ground before getting KO'd

Amen to that brotha

Post #34   1/31/08 5:15:15AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,004-606
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
I just can't wait to see this fight! I'm not a huge fan of BJ Penn. I think he talks too much, and after I heard him tell Sean Sherk he was dead I found myself already taking Sherks side. Now I'm not the biggest fan of Sherk either. But, I must say I believe the guy when he says he didn't take steroids. The fact is he didn't test way over the limit, it was a very slight amount that was found in his body. From what I know myself there are traces of steriods in some over the counter stuff you can buy at any vitamin shop. Anyway, I got of track a little. I find myself saying this fight goes to decision after BJ gasses after the 2nd round and Sherk takes the last 3 rounds. Sherk by Unanimous Decsision.

Post #35   1/31/08 7:21:53AM   

allmotormark

MMA Regular

allmotormark Avatar

Career:1,035-549
Chips:
ya would make sense to take sherk by decesision , since he never finishes anyone lol, but this is bj penn.

the reason there were only "trace" amounts is because he screwed up his cycle what the roiders do is cycle on and off the roids , i can't remember the actual amount of time that it would be out of the system by, but that is what he did. if you screw up the calculation by one day this is what happens....if you believe they put roids in supplements thats a joke, you think companies just throw roids in there just to spice it up?? do you know how much money that would cost them over the long run??? really.....

beleive what you want...

Post #36   1/31/08 11:36:10AM   

Flip

Learning to Sprawl

Career:217-164
Camp: Rival
Chips:
I'm sick and tired of the BJ Penn talk. I don't think Penn stands a chance against Sean Sherk and I can't wait until Sean can prove that in the octagon. People say Sherk is constantly talking trash on BJ but in reality if you actually research the chain of events BJ starts all the arguments with his ridiculous Sherk/steroid rants. Yes Sherk tested a little high on one form of an anabolic steroid but he passed a lie detector test deemed 97% accurate and has continually agreed to do anything to prove his innocence. Whether one of his trainers threw in some extra supplements I don't know but I tend to believe him. I think Sean is a great guy and although BJ is a tough opponent I think he will have his hands full with Sherk.

Post #37   2/1/08 7:44:26AM   

JoeRoganPwnsMMA

Learning to Sprawl

JoeRoganPwnsMMA Avatar

Career:184-119
Chips:
Penn RNC Rd 2.

Post #38   2/1/08 8:28:37AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
Alright, time for me to weight in.

I'm picking B.J. by 3rd-round TKO, although it's a razor-close call. I'd say it's 51-49 in Penn's favor right now.

Sherk has more experience with 5-round fights, and clearly has the edge if it goes to a Decision. That is, if it reaches a Decision, it probably means that the fight went Sherk's way. On the other hand, Sherk has rarely fought someone of Penn's caliber, and the last person who was pretty much dominated him. Sherk could win a wrestler's decision over Penn, just like GSP did, but GSP is better than Sherk, and Penn has improved since that loss.

Eye-poke aside, Penn was picking GSP apart in their boxing match, and GSP switched tactics after the 1st round because he knew he was going to lose if he didn't. Sherk's standup isn't even good enough to "keep Penn honest", imo. He'll have a hell of a time taking Penn down and winning position, more so than anyone he's fought since... well, since GSP.

Posted by Flip

I don't think Penn stands a chance against Sean Sherk [...]

Last edited 2/1/08 10:57AM server time by AchillesHeel
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #39   2/1/08 10:56:48AM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:2,987-1,634
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
BJ will "gas out" and loose just like he did against Hughes and GSP.

Post #40   2/1/08 11:54:32AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Sherk by UD, or cut, for me.

Sherk takes this but it will be pretty close.

Post #41   2/1/08 12:55:35PM   

BJlikesBJs

Learning to Sprawl

BJlikesBJs Avatar

Career:199-103
Chips:
Sherk on roids couldn't beat BJ

Post #42   4/20/08 1:51:24PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
NO ONE beats BJ @155, gassing is no problem in this one, esp not a wrestler. BJ wins in standup or ground work.

Post #43   4/20/08 4:52:39PM   

candynuts

Belt Contender

candynuts Avatar

Career:253-158
Chips:
Im going with Sherk on this one. He has good cardio, a granite chin, and a ferocious pace. (It might be LnP, but it definately exhausts the person on the bottom) and I think Penn will be winded throughout the fight.
That and im not sure about Penn RNC Sherk, I mean really.. he doesnt even have a neck!!!

Sherk might be able to finish him in rounds 4 or 5, or get the UD.

Post #44   4/20/08 5:24:33PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
These two guys are crazy. Its amazing they didnt battle at welterweight and Im sure this will be the best title fight for the title yet. Its ashame only one can be champ. Maybe I can agree with Penn alittle that there should be two titles. (lol he said one should be a roid title though)

Post #45   4/20/08 5:43:42PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4