Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

ufc 80 turned out to be excellent

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
i changed my bet on rivera as well...really did have a feeling about it but then thought that the ufc has a real vested interest in grove so they wouldnt make a mistake. that will show me for trying to read between the lines, next time ill just go with my gut (not really though i like to try to figure these things out but it can be difficult to figure some things out as what you are trying to figure out potentially doesnt really exist).

Post #31   1/20/08 1:15:34PM   

The8One5

Banned

Career:31-17
Chips:

Posted by jomatty

i changed my bet on rivera as well...really did have a feeling about it but then thought that the ufc has a real vested interest in grove so they wouldnt make a mistake. that will show me for trying to read between the lines, next time ill just go with my gut (not really though i like to try to figure these things out but it can be difficult to figure some things out as what you are trying to figure out potentially doesnt really exist).

yeah i picked rivera for that reason too but i thought grove was just too highly thought of and this was probably riveras last chance

the fight i had lots of trouble with was the lambert/gouviea fight changing back and forth for days finally at the last min changing to lambert who was winning until that jaw dropping left hook mad props to gouviea, im real disapointed lee blew out his back i really think he woulda won that fight, plus i was naive to think gonzaga was going to avenge his loss, im not at all upset about my taylor/kelly pick definatly fight of the night and hope to see both back especially taylor with a better ground game

Last edited 1/20/08 8:35PM server time by The8One5
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #32   1/20/08 1:21:24PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
rivera won me loads of fantasy dollars !!!!!

Post #33   1/20/08 1:31:51PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
I didn't read much of the thread so forgive me if I repeat some previous statements.

BJ looked awesome! I would love to see him continue to stay in awesome shape.

Rivera looked awesome! Grove didn't get a chance to do anything.

Gonzago looked good in the first(but only with leg kicks) and looked really bad in the second. I wonder if this is just a case of Werdum just having his number. i.e Rampage over Liddell. Overall for Werdum though he didn't look any better off his loss to "The Pitbull" Gonzaga just didn't fight the same he did against Cro Cop and Couture.

Taylor/Kelly was a sick fight.

AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GIVE MARCUS DAVIS A REAL OPPONENT!!!

Lambert should of won and ovbiously was winning but that is the nature of the beast. He should bounce back fine. Otherwise Gouviea didn't look good until that punch.

Lee dissapointed me. Sakara finished him way too quick and easy.

Hardonk and Robinson....who cares.

And surprised Stout didn't finish with a knockout, not worth watching him if he doesn't.

Nothing more to say but I CAN'T WAIT TILL MAY. SHERK VS. PENN!!! It's going to be sweet. I hope both fighters come prepared and ready!

Post #34   1/20/08 1:41:41PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I was actually really surprised by how good this card was. Only 2 fights went to a decision that's not bad at all (Y) Didn't want BJ to win but I guess now we get to see the fight with Sherk so it all works out in the long run.

Post #35   1/20/08 2:15:20PM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:

Posted by The8One5

Posted by xchickox

Posted by The8One5

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Kpro

I would like to derail this thread by announcing that I've picked Grove to lose by Rnd 1 TKO against Cote & Rivera. Which he has accomplished with ease.

This can be verified by checking my picks.

Anyone able to say the same is my new best friend and can join me in basking in the glory of predictive greatness.

Actually if you check your own picks, you will see you correctly predicted ko in 1 by cote. Last night however you picked Rivera by Unanimous Decision.

http://www.mmaplayground.com/picks.aspx?UID=2360&EID=25

you torched his ass

and i'm sure you cant boast about your predictive greatness when you only got 4 of the fights right

are you talking to me or kparo? cus i changed some fights at last min. plus i got 5 right lol

i meant kparo

Post #36   1/20/08 3:34:40PM   

fenderacoustic

Learning to Sprawl

fenderacoustic Avatar

Career:62-51
Chips:
I'm still depressed from GG's loss. He really didn't look the same. After that first round I thought something was up. When he went to his corner, there was just a weird look in his eyes. Something didn't look right. I hope he stays competitive and stays at the top of the HW heap.

Overall 6 and 3. Not bad for my first fantasy picks.

Can't wait for BJ and Sherk!

Not that anyone particularly cares about Hardonk, but Robinson was in La La Land. If you watch the replay, Hardonk lands a great left that puts Colin down. Everyone was talking about the leg kicks, but I think it was the punch that ended it.

Post #37   1/21/08 12:24:07AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,976-1,546
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Kpro

I would like to derail this thread by announcing that I've picked Grove to lose by Rnd 1 TKO against Cote & Rivera. Which he has accomplished with ease.

This can be verified by checking my picks.

Anyone able to say the same is my new best friend and can join me in basking in the glory of predictive greatness.

Actually if you check your own picks, you will see you correctly predicted ko in 1 by cote. Last night however you picked Rivera by Unanimous Decision.

http://www.mmaplayground.com/picks.aspx?UID=2360&EID=25

Wow, props for catching me. I must've changed at the last minute.

Unanimously Decided by KO in the 1st ?

Post #38   1/21/08 2:50:08AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,573-1,539
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Good try, almost had us

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #39   1/21/08 3:11:51AM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

rivera won me loads of fantasy dollars !!!!!

Yes me too.... And points also

One hell of a Pay Per View

Post #40   1/21/08 10:12:02AM   

mrliquid

Standup Guy

mrliquid Avatar

Career:741-566
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
i was 6-3 so cant complain i'm glad bj won i'm glad kendall lost and the rest of the fights were pretty good non that boring pretty exciting night all around.

Post #41   1/21/08 3:04:27PM   

mk1630

Standup Guy

mk1630 Avatar

Career:421-239
Chips:
Im happy that BJ won the title. Hes one of my favorite fighters so im of course happy about his win. I am however dissapointed with Gonzaga and how he performed. I was thinkin he was gunna come into this fight focused to get back into title contention but he didnt look like his normal self. Maybe he was nervous coming off the loss to Randy or the fact that Werdum already beat him before. Someone had stated that he thought he was injured or got injured during the fight, which could have also happened. Im not sure what it was but i hope to see Gonzaga come back from these 2 losses in a row.

Post #42   1/21/08 3:29:02PM   

masodd

BANNED

masodd Avatar

Career:283-181
Chips:
This was a very great ppv,a great way to start off 2008

Post #43   1/22/08 3:29:23PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I thought it was a pretty good event. I wouldn't call it one of the best, but I have no complaints.

One thing that I was wondering about is why they let Sherk into the arena, let alone commentate since his suspension was handed out?

Didn't they prevent Nick Diaz from cornering Nate when he was suspended?

Post #44   1/22/08 5:16:34PM   

mk1630

Standup Guy

mk1630 Avatar

Career:421-239
Chips:

Posted by Rush

I thought it was a pretty good event. I wouldn't call it one of the best, but I have no complaints.

One thing that I was wondering about is why they let Sherk into the arena, let alone commentate since his suspension was handed out?

Didn't they prevent Nick Diaz from cornering Nate when he was suspended?

The same reason theyre giving him an immediate title shot after being caught using steroids, because hes friends with Dana. Im not bashin Dana or anything, but i think he should at least fight someone like Huerta or Edgar to see if he should get a title shot first.

Post #45   1/22/08 5:20:12PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3