Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Melvin Manhoef retires from Cage Rage!

Print  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,361-1,555
Chips:
melvin manhoef has retired from cage rage due to signing a two year deal with K-1..

source

that leaves the cage rage light heavyweight championship vacant.. and it looks like the fight for the title will be evangelista 'cyborg' santos vs james zikic in april at the next event..

sad day for cage rage, but i think melvin will do very well in K-1 over the next couple years

Post #1   2/15/07 9:51:15AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Agreed that it's too bad for cage rage, but Melvin was destined for bigger things, IMO...

Post #2   2/15/07 12:49:03PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I hopr he gets hid groung game, or at leasttakedown defense up to snuff. His striking is great. I wonder if he's competing in K-1 , or K-1 heroes?Article doesn't specify.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   2/15/07 3:21:07PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I hopr he gets hid groung game, or at leasttakedown defense up to snuff. His striking is great. I wonder if he's competing in K-1 , or K-1 heroes?Article doesn't specify.

im pretty sure it will be in hero's, as he competed in hero's 4, 6, and 7 already.. he might be doing both though for all we know.. thatd be tight to see him against some top kickboxers like sefo or aerts or hoost..

Post #4   2/15/07 3:27:42PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I'd like to see him in Pride. He's vicious.

Post #5   2/15/07 4:32:44PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:
Manhoef is so vicious that he gets pwnd by Faverus!!!

Post #6   2/15/07 7:16:00PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Snacks

Manhoef is so vicious that he gets pwnd by Faverus!!!

faverus is a legitmate fighter.. not great, but legit.. that was also three years ago almost

Post #7   2/15/07 7:58:36PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
Manheof should stay with mma and get into a bigger organization. I think that would be the best move for him, but if he feels K1 is where he should be then so be it. But mma right now would be a better career move.

Post #8   2/16/07 12:47:08AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by aceprone

Manheof should stay with mma and get into a bigger organization. I think that would be the best move for him, but if he feels K1 is where he should be then so be it. But mma right now would be a better career move.

And K-1 heroes doesn't have a large enough roster of top guys for him to be fighting IMO. Akiyama is the best guy they have at that weight to me, and he just got suspended for cheating aginst Saku. MAybe he's going there to give himself time to get more well rounded before he makes the jump to Pride/UFC. I would really like to see him throw against, A. Silva, or Kang.

Last edited 2/16/07 4:35AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #9   2/16/07 4:34:56AM