Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

More Pro Wrestling

Print  
Posted By Message

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
TNA has made a business deal with UFC regarding promotion of UFC's 2/2 PPV show, and in particular the Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir match.
Details aren't known, but it is expected there will be heavy advertising of the next UFC during the TNA shows over the next two weeks. In addition, during the body of the shows will be hype packages to build up the match.

Next week's Impact will include a Brock Lesnar training package, as well as a Kurt Angle interview, where he breaks down the Lesnar vs. Mir match.

Great idea for UFC, TNA has 1.5 million wrestling fans watching every week. It's hard to say if it means anything for the future, but it may pave the way for that eventual Kurt v. Brock fight that was much talked about in the past.

LINK

Post #1   1/18/08 9:26:42PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Im a wrestling fan (not as much anymore) but I dont really want wrestling fans jumping over into huge mma fans. I know it would be great money wise for ufc and mma, but I dont want stupid wrestling fans making that jump. The kind of fans Im talkin about are the ones that dress up like their favorite wrestler, or cry when their favorite wrestler gets beat up or injured. Overall I think that would be bad for the sport. and I sure as hell dont wanna hear "well guys I think back in his prime The Rock would have stomped a mudhole in chuck liddell but now I think the only person who could beat chuck is probably batista." I would kill myself If I had to listen to wrestling vs. MMA talk

Post #2   1/18/08 10:04:59PM   

donzpimp

Learning to Sprawl

donzpimp Avatar

Career:168-110
Camp: Team Sexy
Chips:
That is so stupid. the UFC is smart for advertising it and what not but seriously why is there so much hype behind kurt angle and lesnar. I don't see why everyone is excited by them Lesnar has had a single fght with a complete can and is about to fight Mir who I think will beat Lesnar. I thought it was a dumb idea when they signed Lesnar and is a dumb idea to sign Angle both are just side show attractions who will turn the sport into a place where they just look for ratings rather than good fighters. I want to see Lesnar get submitted so bad by Mir in a first round arm bar or som,ething where lesnar gets cocky and the gets beat.

Post #3   1/18/08 10:12:49PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
i don't know.It worked well for Pride in Japan.

Fujita,Sakuraba,and Takada were just a few of the pro wrestlers that helped build Prides sucsuss in Japan.People clammered to watch Takada fight Rickson Gracie,so I actually think this could work from a money standpoint.

As for wrestling fans and such,I say give it a go.Josh Barnett and Don Frye are well known for being pro-wrestlers in Japan and MMA equally,so i'm willing to give it a shot.Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman have done pro wrestling as well,along with Ken Shamrock and Tank Abott.So if MMA fighters can transisiton into pro wrestling,I'll give a few more pro-wrestlers a shot at doing it the other way around.(let's just hope they do better than Bam Bam Bigalow did)

Post #4   1/18/08 11:36:57PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by Naturaldisaster

I know it would be great money wise for ufc and mma, but I dont want stupid wrestling fans making that jump. The kind of fans Im talkin about are the ones that dress up like their favorite wrestler, or cry when their favorite wrestler gets beat up or injured.

Nice pigeon-holing of wrestling fans man. God forbid the elite world of MMA become tainted with exposure to the pro wrestling industry.

Oh, and pretty sure the kind of wrestling fan that you are describing became extinct in like 1987. Dont be afraid to use a current stereotype if you decide to go that route again.

This whole Pro wrestling vs. MMA debate is ridiculous. Both can, and have, existed for many years. Since they are not even the same type of sport/event, not sure why all the silly elitist MMA fans get up in arms when wrestling is mentioned. Its not bad for the sport when 2 million extra people are seeing hype for a UFC show. No matter how you look at it.

Do some homework, man. The MMA game came from early pro wrestling.

Post #5   1/19/08 9:40:27AM