Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Hall-of-Famer Ken Shamrock vs. Robert Berry at Cage Rage 25 “Bring It On”

Print  
Posted By Message

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:
UFC Hall-of-Famer Ken Shamrock will make his promotional debut against Robert Berry at Cage Rage 25 “Bring It On” on Saturday, March 8 at Wembley Arena in London. Shamrock’s manager, Rod Donahoo, confirmed the bout on Thursday.

Shamrock (26-12-2), who turns 44 in February, has lost seven of his past nine fights, including four straight. He last competed in October 2006, when he succumbed to strikes against arch rival Tito Ortiz. It was Shamrock’s third loss to the former UFC light heavyweight champion, all three by TKO. The UFC released “The World’s Most Dangerous Man” from his contract last June.

Berry (11-7, 6-3 CR), a veteran of the Cage Rage circuit, will enter the bout on a two-fight losing streak. The British kickboxer last fought in December, when he was stopped by unbeaten Neil Grove at Cage Rage 24. Berry drew international attention in December, when he challenged Internet street fighting legend Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson. The two could meet in the future, as Cage Rage and EliteXC – the promotion for which Ferguson fights – are both owned by Pro Elite Inc. All 11 of Berry’s victories have come by KO, TKO or submission.

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=5997

Post #1   1/17/08 6:42:02PM   

LayinFrame

dont taze me bro.

LayinFrame Avatar

Career:118-108
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:
ken shamrock will need to be wheelchaired out of the arena. yes he is a hall of famer, he was fantastic in his prime. He's washed up, hes fkin 44 yrs old he needs to retire for good, and go sailing or something. i hate seeing such a guy put himself out there to get his ass kicked.

Post #2   1/17/08 6:46:40PM   

Daddyprimetime

MMA Regular

Daddyprimetime Avatar

Career:457-264
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
All I could do was make fart sounds with my mouth and give a thumbs down when I saw this.

Post #3   1/17/08 6:53:22PM   

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:

Posted by LayinFrame

ken shamrock will need to be wheelchaired out of the arena. yes he is a hall of famer, he was fantastic in his prime. He's washed up, hes fkin 44 yrs old he needs to retire for good, and go sailing or something. i hate seeing such a guy put himself out there to get his ass kicked.

I have all the respect for Royce Gracie and don't disagree with you about Shamrock, but a comment about being old and washed up and taken out on a wheelchair...This coming from a guy with a Royce Gracie avatar, Royce was destroyed by Hughes last time I checked and cheated to beat Saku, just an odd comment coming from a Gracie fan

Post #4   1/17/08 7:01:12PM   

buckndro

MMA Regular

buckndro Avatar

Career:580-376
Camp: Chicago Top Team
Chips:
Everyone knows now age is just a number its aleady be seen its what u do in the cage that matters im sure ken would rock you at his age,now i like ken last fights were not that great if he goes back an devotes himself to training an gets set on that then could be a good fight we will have to see hopefully not another poor showing.

Post #5   1/17/08 7:53:49PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by LayinFrame

I completely disagree. Ken Shamrock could retire and run his own schools and sell crap that says "Ken Shamrock" on it for the rest of his life. He's not Mike Tyson who needs every penny to pay off his lawsuits. Ken Shamrock loves MMA, and he loves fighting, and he's doing it for sake of fighting. He doesn't need to build up his name anymore and he's not (realistically) looking for another belt. Ken Shamrock gets in the cage and throws it down for the love of the game. How can you disrespect him like that?

When you are 44, you'll be sitting in front of the tube, scratching your beer gut and thinking of the glory days. Ken Shamrock is living his glory days. He's in top shape, and ready to throw down in the cage. I respect that.

Props to Ken, no props to you

Post #6   1/17/08 8:58:54PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I guess this is a tune up for the Frank Shamrock fight. I don't think Ken has anything left and if he loses this fight, especially by knockout, he should retire. FOR GOOD! I mean if you can't beat this guy, there's no way I can see him beating Frank, I don't care what he says about being better then Frank while training.

You thought he would have learned to keep out of the ring after the 2 straight Tito Ortiz beatings. Bad move....bad, bad move. He's just killing his legacy. Pretty soon everybodies going to forget how good he was back in the day and just remember him as the "world's dangerous punching bag" for the beatings he's taking.

Post #7   1/17/08 9:02:57PM   

Basshandsome

Standup Guy

Basshandsome Avatar

Career:2,634-1,453
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by LayinFrame

I think thats a very disrespectful statement about one of the pioneers of MMA. I think that he should still have something left. Also Buzz Berry has lost 4/6 fights. Shamrock wins this one.

Post #8   1/17/08 9:43:03PM   

Murd3rfac3

Learning to Sprawl

Murd3rfac3 Avatar

Career:273-181
Camp: Blood Sweat and Beers
Chips:
I think Ken should sack up and go for an old folks match with Tank Abbott.

They are both signed to the same organization, they both don't have many years left, and last time I checked they both absolutely DESPISE each other.

I've wanted to see that fight since the Ultimate Ultimate when Ken broke his hands on that dude's head and had to back out of his match with Tank, yet called him out and the fight never got signed. Tank will fight anybody and I think that headliner would fill an arena up easy.

Post #9   1/18/08 2:53:41AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
LOL they are giving him the biggest can in cage rage and he is still gonna lose badly

Post #10   1/18/08 6:43:45AM   

FantasyFighter

MMA Regular

FantasyFighter Avatar

Career:238-145
Camp: MMA Legends
Chips:
Props to Ken for doing what he loves and not listening to stupid asses who say he should retire because he keeps losing. I highly doubt at this point in his career that he cares whether he wins or loses. He is just doin what he loves.

Post #11   1/18/08 10:28:11AM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by LayinFrame

I have all the respect for Royce Gracie and don't disagree with you about Shamrock, but a comment about being old and washed up and taken out on a wheelchair...This coming from a guy with a Royce Gracie avatar, Royce was destroyed by Hughes last time I checked and cheated to beat Saku, just an odd comment coming from a Gracie fan

Props babalu2720, that was nicely said.

LayinFrame: Also, remember that Robert Berry had the chance to beat Neil Grove but gassed badly in the first round and couldn't continue in the second round, so Neil Grove was pretty much given the W. I know that doesn't mean Ken will win and I am sure his conditioning will be questionable as well, yet I still see this fight as being 50/50. In other words, don't be surprised if Shamrock ends up winning this fight.

Post #12   1/18/08 11:50:34AM   

Smd277

MMA Regular

Smd277 Avatar

Career:127-80
Chips:
When will ken give up??? maybe we should schedule another reamtch with tito so tito can beat some sence into him....jeeze

Post #13   1/18/08 1:59:59PM   

GraMMA

MMA Regular

GraMMA Avatar

Career:890-539
Chips:
All props to Ken and I for one will be glad to see him fighting someone other than Tito.

Post #14   1/18/08 6:18:22PM