Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nate Marquardt receives title opportunity (rumour)

Print  
Posted By Message

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Click here for details.

Post #1   2/15/07 8:00:33AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Thats awesome. I think Nate is the perfect guy to beat Anderson. This match should open up the divsion. I hope the winner of Swick\okanmi gets the title shot after that.

Post #2   2/15/07 9:03:41AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:
awesome, its about time nate got his shot.. i think itll be a war

Post #3   2/15/07 9:22:00AM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:
Good. IMO giving it to anybody else would have been a bunch of crap. He's definitely earned it. I think Nate takes it, too.

Next up after that I think it should be Swick (if he beats Okami). Give Rich one more fight after J-Mac (assuming Rich wins that one).

Last edited 2/15/07 1:39PM server time by OB_Juan
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #4   2/15/07 1:22:59PM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
Well, it's about time.

Post #5   2/15/07 1:40:02PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
It said sometime in 2007, so I don't know how excited I would get yet. I know it also said his timing matches up right, but I'm stil not sold until I see The UFC pushing it. Maybe if they start showing his darkmatces on unleashed it would be a start, or promoting him on inside the UFC, I'm not saying he's not deserving, but if Franklin has a dominating performance I think they will try to push that matchup quick.

Last edited 2/15/07 1:44PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   2/15/07 1:43:02PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

It said sometime in 2007, so I don't know how excited I would get yet. I know it also said his timing matches up right, but I'm stil not sold until I see The UFC pushing it. Maybe if they start showing his darkmatces on unleashed it would be a start, or promoting him on inside the UFC, I'm not saying he's not deserving, but if Franklin has a dominating performance I think they will try to push that matchup quick.

Rich wasn't even competitve vs Anderson. Beating a guy like MacDonald hardly proves he deserves a rematch yet. Let him fight Lutter (who was somewhat competitve) after J-Mac or else a guy like Cote.

Post #7   2/15/07 1:53:34PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by hippysmacker

Rich wasn't even competitve vs Anderson. Beating a guy like MacDonald hardly proves he deserves a rematch yet. Let him fight Lutter (who was somewhat competitve) after J-Mac or else a guy like Cote.

No he wasn't , but it was just a bad gameplan ( with a dash of dehydration thrown in) that made him gfet beat so badly to me. EIther way, my post was not about who deserves it, but who I think the UFC will have him fight.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #8   2/15/07 1:58:50PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,758-1,075
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
According to MMAweekly; Nate The Great gets his shot in June.

Post #9   2/16/07 10:41:29AM   

Greene33

MMA Regular

Greene33 Avatar

Career:590-391
Chips:
Nice, Nate is very deserving and this should be a good fight... If this card pans out like the rumours say it will, it will be a damn good card with this match and GSP vs Hughes 3

Post #10   2/16/07 12:04:18PM