Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

WCO Promoter Tells His Side Of The Story

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Bruce Bellochi, promoter of WCO, recently took the opportunity to speak out and explain his side of the story that led to the cancellation of the WCO: Babalu vs. Tiger event this past weekend in California.

Article

Post #1   1/16/08 8:04:57PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
wow thats a great find.

Scandalous people man. what is our world coming to.

Post #2   1/16/08 8:17:32PM   

RampageOwnedYou

Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar

Career:493-284
Chips:
WOW!! Poor Bruce. I saw him on Inside MMA (before scheduled ppv) and he seemed like a very good guy who was excited for the event to happen. This guy he did business with deserves to get knocked out. I feel real bad for Bruce, and just goes to show you how corrupt the UFC really is. Its funny, almost all the people on here think the UFC and Dana White are such good people, well guess again.
I guarantee that guy had tides with Zuffa, just look at the hoops he had to go through, and he still lost a ton of money and respect. Little do people know, how hard it really is to start a league. Especially when you got people screwing you over.

Post #3   1/17/08 12:49:00AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
rampage owned you,

while it certainly is suspicious there is no guarantee that zuffa was involved and we will unfortunately never know for sure what happened. the thing that struck me when it was initially reported was the fact that it did appear teh money was in place.

i can understand not transferring the money to bassman but it sure seems that something could have been worked out if that was the case. why not just get money orders or cashiers checks made out to the fighters that bassman couldnt cash to calm everyone down or something like that? unfortunately we will never know as both sides will tell us their suspicions and half truths...

matt

Post #4   1/17/08 6:54:55AM   

RampageOwnedYou

Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar

Career:493-284
Chips:
Matt
I hear ya man, its tough to decide WHATS REALLY HAPPENING. I just know how boxing is, and knew it before people really started figuring out how corrupt it was or still (is).
I just dont see how things can go so sour for a guy who had everything in place, then all a sudden fall apart.
But like you said, we dont know the real answer, so its all speculated.

And were left on here, to express OUR opinions. ;-)

Post #5   1/17/08 9:30:53AM