Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

why is carlo prater the underdog?

Print  
Posted By Message

Underhook

Banned

Career:20-11
Chips:
he beat condit, and from what i see it was convincing, i think it'll be a close rematch but neither should have an underdog status especially when the "underdog" has beaten them

Post #1   1/15/08 8:28:18PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,961-999
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Man, if you think he will win don't complain and bet on him, the odds will be much better for you if he is an underdog .

Post #2   1/15/08 8:32:22PM   

Underhook

Banned

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Man, if you think he will win don't complain and bet on him, the odds will be much better for you if he is an underdog .

im not betting real money i dont care, how was i complaing im asking a question dude, how about you dont complain about what i say and instead of trolling me answer the question, is that too hard?

Post #3   1/15/08 8:55:09PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Underhook

Posted by tuvok500

im not betting real money i dont care, how was i complaing im asking a question dude, how about you dont complain about what i say and instead of trolling me answer the question, is that too hard?

LOL !!

I told you it was a good think for you , i never told you to stop complaining about anything.

i never considered your question a complain but now that you try to play the TUFF guy here , i can tell you that you found your man dude.

if you are afraid of any comment who can make you believe that you are in danger , well

Last edited 1/15/08 9:10PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   1/15/08 9:02:06PM   

Underhook

Banned

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Underhook

Posted by tuvok500

LOL !!

I told you it was a good think for you , i never told you to stop complaining about anything.

i never considered your question a complain but now that you try to play the TUFF guy here , i can tell you that you found your man dude.

if you are afraid of any comment who can make you believe that you are in danger , well

haha i wasnt complaining jeezes just pointing out that he defeated him and hes the underdog, you think you spelt enough words wrong there guy

what does "if you are afraid of any comment who can make you believe that you are in danger well chill" mean? hows about you sum that up in english not broken english please

Post #5   1/15/08 9:14:31PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Underhook

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Underhook

Posted by tuvok500

LOL !!

haha i wasnt complaining jeezes just pointing out that he defeated him and hes the underdog, you think you spelt enough words wrong there guy

what does "if you are afraid of any comment who can make you believe that you are in danger well chill" mean? hows about you sum that up in english not broken english please

your career will end soon man, and if you don't understand that , this is a french translation : " ta carriere de petit boss des becosse acheve " .

from a 100% french canadian guy !!

Last edited 1/15/08 10:06PM server time by tuvok500
2 total post edits

Post #6   1/15/08 9:27:51PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
what tuvok is trying to say is that you should really try to keep your opinions on why a fighter is an underdog to yourself so that no more people bet on him so you win more money if you are correct. now with that said i do the same thing you just did. i also post topics about my questioning a fighter as an underdog and like to hear discussion about my opinions so i completely understand where you are coming from. actually, just last week a mod asked me if i wanted to delete my thread because it would ruin my chance of winning more money. now to me, it doesn't matter too much but this is a competition so every edge is taken with a smile.

and tuvok...be nice

as for my opinion on prater...he beat condit 4 years ago and since then he has gone 9-3 with 8 decisions and one was a split. condit has gone 13-3 with loses to faber and shields. now, the average fan does not do too much research and probably don't know that prater defeated condit or that prater beat healy where condit did not. mostly, the average fan is more concerned about what is going on now instead of the past, but i 100% agree with you, i just think prater's submission game and style are tailor made to beat cindit

Last edited 1/15/08 9:51PM server time by jiujitsufreak74

Post #7   1/15/08 9:46:08PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,202-1,233
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Underhook

he beat condit, and from what i see it was convincing, i think it'll be a close rematch but neither should have an underdog status especially when the "underdog" has beaten them

I think maybe because that was 2004, and Condit has done a lot to prove himself since then. I'm not so sure that Prater has done the same.

Also, if I understand it right, the underdog status is based on the number of MMAPlayground members picking (or not picking) them - the site may have a lot of people who have no idea who Prater is (like me), but have seen Condit a couple times on Versus.

Edit: I see JJFreak just said the same thing more or less...

Last edited 1/15/08 9:53PM server time by scoozna

Post #8   1/15/08 9:52:20PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

what tuvok is trying to say is that you should really try to keep your opinions on why a fighter is an underdog to yourself so that no more people bet on him so you win more money if you are correct. now with that said i do the same thing you just did. i also post topics about my questioning a fighter as an underdog and like to hear discussion about my opinions so i completely understand where you are coming from. actually, just last week a mod asked me if i wanted to delete my thread because it would ruin my chance of winning more money. now to me, it doesn't matter too much but this is a competition so every edge is taken with a smile.

and tuvok...be nice

as for my opinion on prater...he beat condit 4 years ago and since then he has gone 9-3 with 8 decisions and one was a split. condit has gone 13-3 with loses to faber and shields. now, the average fan does not do too much research and probably don't know that prater defeated condit or that prater beat healy where condit did not. mostly, the average fan is more concerned about what is going on now instead of the past, but i 100% agree with you, i just think prater's submission game and style are tailor made to beat cindit

LOL !! ok , i will be nice MOMMY !!

Post #9   1/15/08 9:52:54PM   

Underhook

Banned

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

your career will end soon man, and if you don't understand that , this is a french translation : " ta carriere de petit boss des becosse acheve " .

from a 100% french canadian guy !!

i still dont understand broken english or french sorry guy not bashing just sayin you still havnt explained that comment but jiujitsufreak understood you and i understand your out-witted so i'll let it slide cheers eh?

Last edited 1/15/08 11:37PM server time by Underhook

Post #10   1/15/08 11:35:18PM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:
Only 171 people have put there picks in for that fight so far, by the time a lot more people get there picks in there is a chance that he wont be the underdog.

Post #11   1/16/08 12:54:41AM   

crazedfan

MMA Regular

crazedfan Avatar

Career:2,501-1,367
Camp: BE Civil War
Chips:
Condit's the favorite because maybe he's the champion? I can't think of too many fights where the champion has been the underdog. Not to mention Condit is far more well known. It's really pretty simple.

Last edited 1/16/08 2:39AM server time by crazedfan

Post #12   1/16/08 2:38:20AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,329-737
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

LOL !! ok , i will be nice MOMMY !!

You always make me laugh

To TS: A lot can change in 3 1/2 years!

Post #13   1/16/08 2:59:15AM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
wedum is also a big underdog and he defeated gonzaga, i think the reason for this is that both condit and gonzaga have looked awesome in their last few fights. condit has beat some very good fighters and he will be looking for redemption.

Post #14   1/16/08 11:08:39AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by crazedfan

Condit's the favorite because maybe he's the champion?

that sums it up right there

Post #15   1/16/08 2:38:05PM