Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Sean Sherk Still on the Defensive Over Steroids

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
Sean Sherk is so compulsive about his health, if he sees a person smoking a cigarette in a car in front of him, he pulls into another lane to be as far away from the second-hand smoke as possible.

“I’m a different person when it comes to that kind of stuff,” Sherk says. “My health is very, very important to me. I’m goofy that way.“

Sherk proclaimed his innocence early and often and said he spent more than $20,000 in what turned out to be a futile effort to clear his name. In December, the California State Athletic Commission upheld the decision, though it reduced the suspension executive officer Armando Garcia had given him from a year to six months.

LINK

Last edited 1/13/08 10:33AM server time by juanez13
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   1/13/08 10:33:07AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:1,961-1,087
Chips:
Anybody else think it's time for him to cut the bullshit? I'm actually starting to dislike him .

Post #2   1/13/08 11:46:03AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
Sean Sherk is a joke. Wanna know why? Because he "pulls into another lane to be as far away from the secondhand smoke as possible."

Sherk did roids. End of story. I'm no longer a fan, and I never will be again.

Post #3   1/13/08 12:01:27PM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
he's not a joke, he's goddamn nuts. If he feels that obsessive compulsive then thats dangerous

Post #4   1/13/08 12:39:46PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Sherk is a professional fighter, which means that he makes a living getting punched in the head on a regular basis. He's a pro athlete who beats up on his body almost every day in training. He takes fifteen hundred different "diet supplements" which are chemicals introduced into the body to help cope with the punishment of endless physical training. Sherk's liver must be twice the normal size by now due to the enormous amount of pills ("dietary supplements") that he pops every day. In addition to that, Sherk carries around so much useless muscle weight which takes an additional toll on his heart and liver.

Sherk is "obsessed about his health"?! Please don't make me laugh.

Post #5   1/13/08 12:59:58PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
Good article...

All you Sherk haters go fly a kite, there are a lot of fighters who have problems one way or another.....nobody's perfect.

O wait. You guys are just mad cause he is going to smoke Penn huh?

Post #6   1/13/08 2:56:33PM   

DuncanFan819

MMA Regular

Career:1,201-703
Chips:

Posted by StevieC

Good article...

All you Sherk haters go fly a kite, there are a lot of fighters who have problems one way or another.....nobody's perfect.

Nope, I think people are just mad that he's a lying cheat.

Post #7   1/13/08 3:16:42PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
*This is one of those rare cases where both sides are likely correct. Sherk almost certainly didn’t knowingly take steroids, but probably took a tainted supplement that caused him to test positive.

*The bad pill came with a big price to Sherk. In addition to the $20,000 he spent preparing his defense, Sherk estimates he lost more than $500,000 in fight purses and sponsorships and was stripped of his title, albeit very reluctantly, by UFC president Dana White.

*He said Jacobs’ investigation found contamination in a supplement he’d been taking and he passed a blood test, which he said is more accurate than a urine test at discovering steroids.

*“The three tests that were done before mine all tested positive (for steroids),” Sherk said. “They are supposed to clean the machine, which they did, but there was still carryover. That’s documented.“

These, in my opinion, are the four important parts of the article. I think there is reasonable doubt that Sherk KNOWINGLY took steriods, hence the reduction in suspension. It's time for everyone to move on.

If only the guy tested positive for pot, than everyone would love him

Post #8   1/13/08 3:41:22PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
i dont hate sherk but I think he's a goof for going into another lane to avoid second hand smoke. That statement just made him look dumb.

Post #9   1/13/08 3:42:20PM   

stock

Banned

Career:409-235
Chips:

Posted by kerazzle

i dont hate sherk but I think he's a goof for going into another lane to avoid second hand smoke. That statement just made him look dumb.

Ha!
I have actually done that before.

Not for health reasons, but just don't like the smell and there was another open lane at a long light near where I work.

Post #10   1/13/08 3:48:42PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:

Posted by DuncanFan819

Posted by StevieC

Good article...

Nope, I think people are just mad that he's a lying cheat.

Whatever, there are more guys than Sherk who have been caught with roids and I don't hear anybody talking about them....Alves, and Franca to name a few....

Post #11   1/13/08 6:31:38PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
People need to cut all the Sherk hate. I believe it wasn't intentional but he should have been more careful. Who care's what's done is done, if he did it on purpose he wouldn't still be talking about it. And now where will all the Sherk haters be when he cleanly beats Penn?

Post #12   1/13/08 7:22:25PM   

Underhook

Banned

Career:20-11
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

People need to cut all the Sherk hate. I believe it wasn't intentional but he should have been more careful. Who care's what's done is done, if he did it on purpose he wouldn't still be talking about it. And now where will all the Sherk haters be when he cleanly beats Penn?

haha not intentional, obviously coming from a sherk nuthugger or bj hater, and obviously he did do it otherwise he wouldnt try to clear himself so much, its called an insecure defense mechanism, symptoms include blaming others and obsessive compulsive disorder

he got caught and needs to deal with it, nobody else has access to his crap he puts in him body and if anybody else does hes an idiot for making those arrangments and adds to his guilt and irresponsibility

penn=gsp>hughes>sherk

Post #13   1/13/08 8:25:46PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Underhook

Posted by Boo_Radley21

haha not intentional, obviously coming from a sherk nuthugger or bj hater, and obviously he did do it otherwise he wouldnt try to clear himself so much, its called an insecure defense mechanism, symptoms include blaming others and obsessive compulsive disorder

he got caught and needs to deal with it, nobody else has access to his crap he puts in him body and if anybody else does hes an idiot for making those arrangments and adds to his guilt and irresponsibility

penn=gsp>hughes>sherk

please stop doing MMAth...it doesn't work as everyone here knows. also, has it ever occurred to you that he may in fact truly be innocent and that's why he is still fighting it? not likely but that is still a possibility. you never know, he could have taken a tainted supplement and his level was so low it pretty much rules out any injections. you seem to yell at sherk nuthuggers and BJ haters when you yourself come off as a BJ nuthugger and sherk hater...i just find that funny

Post #14   1/13/08 8:48:44PM   

Underhook

Banned

Career:20-11
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Underhook

Posted by Boo_Radley21

penn=gsp>hughes>sherk

please stop doing MMAth...it doesn't work as everyone here knows. also, has it ever occurred to you that he may in fact truly be innocent and that's why he is still fighting it? not likely but that is still a possibility. you never know, he could have taken a tainted supplement and his level was so low it pretty much rules out any injections. you seem to yell at sherk nuthuggers and BJ haters when you yourself come off as a BJ nuthugger and sherk hater...i just find that funny

math? sorry no math was used, and no hes guilty thats why hes not champ, i go by personality and sherk is telling me if i dont like him "i should go on a beer run while hes fighting" so yeah i dont like the guy for being a boring roiding liar, sorry if i think a guy who actually has skill is a better fighter i guess that makes me a nutthugger...ok?

Post #15   1/13/08 9:05:23PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2