Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fight Science: Ultimate fighters episode preview

Print  
Posted By Message

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
Link

Airs Jan 27th. Features Dean Lister, Bas, Tito and Randy

Post #1   1/12/08 10:00:38PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
wow i love how they say The UFC is now becoming one of the worlds most popular SPORTS......i hate when people say that .....but anyways, seems very interesting, good for the sport being recognized and people taking a closer look at it.....defenately looking foward to watching this

Post #2   1/12/08 10:23:50PM   

gamez0932

MMA Regular

gamez0932 Avatar

Career:408-303
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

wow i love how they say The UFC is now becoming one of the worlds most popular SPORTS......i hate when people say that .....but anyways, seems very interesting, good for the sport being recognized and people taking a closer look at it.....defenately looking foward to watching this

why do you hate when people say that? it is... these guys arnt just street fighters, there professional athletes who work there ass off... i think this is great for the sport as you said.

Post #3   1/12/08 11:35:27PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
Thanks for the heads up!

Post #4   1/12/08 11:43:19PM   

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by gamez0932
why do you hate when people say that? it is... these guys arnt just street fighters, there professional athletes who work there ass off... i think this is great for the sport as you said.

What he means is that the UFC is not a sport. MMA is a sport, the UFC is the best known promoter in the sport of MMA. Because of the fact that the UFC is so well known in North America and Britain, many media outlets and fans call the sport Ultimate fighting, instead of MMA. Kinda like calling all Tissues Kleenex, when Kleenex is just the most widely know brand.

BTW It is a company's wet dream to be able build their brand to the point that Kleenex, The UFC, and say Scotch tape have.

The show btw looks great, awsome to see the big names they have involved in it too. Laughing my ass off at the dummy with the headgear on for Tito's elbow, guess they didn't want to hurt him too badly (They probably did it to protect Tito's elbow, lord knows we don't need another injury posponing a fight with him, but funny as hell none the less.)

Last edited 1/12/08 11:57PM server time by Bemin
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #5   1/12/08 11:44:36PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
I'm guessing Lister is there to measure the pressure / tension of different submissions. Plus he was on the original show with Rickson. I know he's friends with Tito and Randy.
Glad to see him get some exposure. He's a great guy and an underestimated MW

BTW, thanks to Dean who sent the link to the video on MySpace

Last edited 1/13/08 12:11AM server time by manfred
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #6   1/13/08 12:06:53AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
That actually looks pretty cool I'll definitely watch that.

Post #7   1/13/08 12:52:22AM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
Bas Rutten, Tito Ortiz and Randy Couture...Those names are huuuge in the MMA world. And that's nice that they brought Dean along. I wish they brought some strikers though. Like Anderson Silva would have been perfect, adn he has some slick submissions aswell.

Post #8   1/13/08 1:51:04AM   

gamez0932

MMA Regular

gamez0932 Avatar

Career:408-303
Chips:

Posted by Bemin

Posted by gamez0932

What he means is that the UFC is not a sport. MMA is a sport, the UFC is the best known promoter in the sport of MMA. Because of the fact that the UFC is so well known in North America and Britain, many media outlets and fans call the sport Ultimate fighting, instead of MMA. Kinda like calling all Tissues Kleenex, when Kleenex is just the most widely know brand.

BTW It is a company's wet dream to be able build their brand to the point that Kleenex, The UFC, and say Scotch tape have.

The show btw looks great, awsome to see the big names they have involved in it too. Laughing my ass off at the dummy with the headgear on for Tito's elbow, guess they didn't want to hurt him too badly (They probably did it to protect Tito's elbow, lord knows we don't need another injury posponing a fight with him, but funny as hell none the less.)

oh i see what he meant... got it, thanks for clearing that up cause i completely missed that.

Post #9   1/13/08 1:53:10PM   

DuncanFan819

MMA Regular

Career:1,201-703
Chips:
Who did Lister pay off to get on this show?

Post #10   1/13/08 3:24:42PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

UFC is the brand we love, MMA is the sport we love, and if it wasn't for the UFC the sport would still be in the dark shadows of life....

Do you hate that???

Post #11   1/13/08 4:52:14PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by DuncanFan819

Who did Lister pay off to get on this show?

dean is an expert in JJ and is the right person for submissions on this show. he is very highly regarded in the JJ world and is somewhat of a legend in terms of that. lister didn't pay off anyone so to speak and his superb submission skills are what got him on the show...there are few better at dean when it comes to knowledge of submissions, he will most likely oversee that whole aspect to make sure no one gets hurt and that the technique is solid.

Post #12   1/13/08 4:59:13PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by juanez13

UFC is the brand we love, MMA is the sport we love, and if it wasn't for the UFC the sport would still be in the dark shadows of life....

Do you hate that???

no i dont hate what the UFC has done for the sport, look at it this way, NFL is the most popular football league there is but you dont see people saying "hey you wanna go play NFL"......it just shows how far away MMA is from going mainstream, for me its just like if they are going to do a show on it why dont they cal it by its proper name, nothing major, just my opinion

Post #13   1/13/08 8:02:00PM