Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Angle On IFL, Shamrock Allegations

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Former WWE Champion and current TNA Wrestling Champion Kurt Angle recently responded to allegations by the IFL and Ken Shamrock over Angle turning down a fight with Shamrock for a future IFL show, among other topics.

Article

Post #1   1/11/08 8:24:17AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I don't like Angle. He doesn't deserve giant money he's never even fought in MMA before. He's just being a fool about the whole thing. I'll even go as far as saying I bet Shamrock could beat him.

Post #2   1/11/08 9:48:52AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I don't like Angle. He doesn't deserve giant money he's never even fought in MMA before. He's just being a fool about the whole thing. I'll even go as far as saying I bet Shamrock could beat him.

Well if what he says is true, that they wanted him to fight in 2 1/2 months then its completely understandable that he turned them down. That is completely not enough time to prep for a fight when you don't have the skills necessary.

Post #3   1/11/08 10:39:01AM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Kurt Angle is a phenomenal athlete, but he's not an MMA fighter. He's old, and he'll never make it to the UFC. Yes, he can probably knock out a few cans in EliteXC so that the WWE fans can have a huge collective hardon.

Now can we move on and not mention Kurt Angle in the MMA context again unless he actually decides to fight instead of running his mouth about how great he could have been if he applied his phenomenal wrestling ability in a real sport? He made his choice, he stayed in pro wrestling for the money, and that's that!

Post #4   1/11/08 10:49:21AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,446-842
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Well if what he says is true, that they wanted him to fight in 2 1/2 months then its completely understandable that he turned them down. That is completely not enough time to prep for a fight when you don't have the skills necessary.

Even if Angle couldn't go on to do well in MMA,if that's all the time he had to train for the fight,I could see why anyone with no prior MMA record would turn down a fight with Ken.

Post #5   1/11/08 11:25:55AM   

DustinT

MMA Regular

DustinT Avatar

Career:1,540-837
Camp: The MMA Army
Chips:
i don't care to see him fight Period.
now on a money standpoint, it might make sense for a smaller org to pull him in. I've never been a fan of wrestling at all, but if he's got a good following, then why not?

i don't think he needs 2 1/2 months to train, rather than ween off the damn roids.

Post #6   1/11/08 1:51:59PM