Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The smartest fighter in all of MMA

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

vick_vega

Banned

Career:23-21
Chips:
Lyoto Machida.

Post #1   1/10/08 10:13:34PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-468
Chips:
Phil Baroni has the best degree eva!

Post #2   1/10/08 10:17:44PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
couture, master of the game plan. keith jardine should be in the category too after the chuck fight.

Post #3   1/10/08 10:18:38PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Rich Franklin, with a masters degree in Education he still never learned from his first fight with A Silva!!!

Post #4   1/10/08 10:52:56PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Cro Cop, member of parliment, anit terrorist force commander, pro soccer player, pro kickboxer, pro mma fighter. If we're talking about smartest in the ring, then Fedor, Randy coulden't figure out how to win 8 times, fedor has every time.

Post #5   1/10/08 10:53:48PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Cro Cop, member of parliment, anit terrorist force commander, pro soccer player, pro kickboxer, pro mma fighter. If we're talking about smartest in the ring, then Fedor, Randy coulden't figure out how to win 8 times, fedor has every time.

Other than the couture comment i was going to say everything you did, beat me to it

Post #6   1/10/08 11:00:46PM   

vick_vega

Banned

Career:23-21
Chips:
Hello. I am talking about in the ring. I am a bit premature on Lyoto Machida, he's not as seasoned as some other guys. But I think he is the smartest fighter in the sport. He does not get hit that much, he has great defensive posture, he does everything well, he thinks on his feet quickly, you can see the concentration on his eyes. The guy is a fighting savant. I fully expect him to take the belt from Rampage later this year. I think he will have a extended career and will be a star for a many years. The only reason I am not sure he will have a title run, is cause of Shogun and Thiago Silva. Other guys, I was considering where Fedor,Randy,BJ Penn,GSP,Anderson Silva. I could see in his eyes, against Soku, in different parts of the fight, he was in control, and he was thinking fast. He has what you cant teach, what is God given. Mos Clear.

Last edited 1/10/08 11:21PM server time by vick_vega
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   1/10/08 11:20:29PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
For in ring smarts I've gotta go with Couture he always seems to have a great gameplan coming into fights.

But in regular life there are a bunch of smart guys in the UFC lol.

You have Chuck with his bachelor of arts degree in business
Franklin used to be a highschool teacher, has a master's degree in education
Jeff Monson has a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in psychology
Sherk has a degree in biochemistry

And that's just a few lol I'm sure there's more.

Last edited 1/10/08 11:44PM server time by Boo_Radley21
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   1/10/08 11:43:58PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by vick_vega
...I could see in his eyes, against Soku, in different parts of the fight, he was in control, and he was thinking fast. He has what you cant teach, what is God given. Mos Clear.

lol or you could train in point fighting karate, and learn to not get hit in the exact same manner that machida learned to do so

Post #9   1/10/08 11:45:19PM   

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I'd have to go with Couture too, not just for the fights he has been in ,where his game plan has gotten him the win, but also for his cornerwork with Xtreme Couture. He has brought a very new Camp to arguably, the number one camp in MMA in a very short while, and I love seeing his underdog fighters win again and again with their gamplans.

Post #10   1/11/08 12:16:30AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cmill21

Other than the couture comment i was going to say everything you did, beat me to it

Lol sorry, I wasn't meaning to put Randy down, but these gameplans that everyone talks about weren't effective 8 times. Everyone loses but obviously if you look at it Fedor figured out how to beat nogs guard at a time when no HW on earth dared venture in there, he beat Herring down at a time when Herring was a top 10, he beat Cro Cop up down and side to side when Cro Cop was a focused monster, he beat Coleman all over, Randleman dumped him on his head and he still didn't lose focus on his gameplan, and as much as people don't like to admit it, beating Choi was no easy task, he beat a bigger stronger K-1 version of Tim Sylvia. I know Randy's had some good gameplans against guys who were supposed to win, but when Fedor first started no one gave him a chance against Herring or Nog and he killed them both.

Post #11   1/11/08 12:52:38AM   

KeNn

Standup Guy

KeNn Avatar

Career:93-76
Chips:
Mike JOnes

Post #12   1/11/08 1:29:26AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Normally I would say Fedor, but since he isn't fighting top ranked MMA fighters anymore I will go with Rich Franklin. He's well spoken, has his degree in teaching , and is part owner of his own clothing company. He also resigned with the UFc , knowing he would make more money here, even if he can't beat Anderson. I also thought he outwited Hughes a few times on TUF 2. When STevenson was climbing Whitehead ,for what seemed a long time, and then he just forfeited the challenge knowing it might tire out his fighters. I laughed for a while

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #13   1/11/08 4:58:20AM   

billy393

Learning to Sprawl

billy393 Avatar

Career:974-562
Chips:
Apart from his mistake against Serra, I would have to say GSP. Great game plan in his last 2 fights against Hughes really puts him up there.

Post #14   1/11/08 6:24:07AM   

rameydl8

Standup Guy

rameydl8 Avatar

Career:354-206
Camp: Minford manglas
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

i didnt know he played soccer....who'd he play for?

Post #15   1/11/08 8:57:34AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3