Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White Talks UFC Expansion

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
UFC held it's pre-UFC 80 press conference today, and while UFC was promoting the upcoming Joe Stevenson-BJ Penn LIghtweight Title fight, UFC President Dana White mostly talked about UFC's plans for expansion.

Article

Post #1   1/10/08 4:54:28PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,503-878
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

“Look at the NFL. There's nothing bigger in this country than the NFL,” White stated. “They've been spending billions of dollars trying to break into Europe and they can't do it, because nobody gives a (expletive) about football in Europe. They didn't grow up playing football, they don't know about it.

“I take two guys and put them in the Octagon and they can use any martial art they want. It translates through all different cultural barriers, language barriers... people love fighting.”

He continued, “I think that this thing can be global. I think that this thing can be the biggest sport in the world. I already know it's the most exciting sport in the world.”

That makes a lot of sense to me.

However,I wanna see another ULTIMATE JAPAN!

Post #2   1/10/08 4:59:01PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
mma is global dana . its in japan, brazil, russia, europe, asia its everywhere. its the ufc thats not global. funny how he forgets hes not the only show.

Post #3   1/10/08 5:06:19PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,503-878
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by jocksmall

mma is global dana . its in japan, brazil, russia, europe, asia its everywhere. its the ufc thats not global. funny how he forgets hes not the only show.

Good point.

Post #4   1/10/08 5:10:35PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,394-765
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by jocksmall

I don't think your reading what he is saying. Not once does he say MMA.

“I take two guys and put them in the Octagon and they can use any martial art they want. It translates through all different cultural barriers, language barriers... people love fighting.”

He is talking about the UFC and not MMA here. Dana doesn't talk about MMA as a hole much.

“I think that this thing can be global. I think that this thing can be the biggest sport in the world. I already know it's the most exciting sport in the world.”

I still think he is talking about the UFC and not MMA.

Post #5   1/10/08 6:12:13PM