Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sean Sherk Possibly Returns in April; Two Title Fights at UFC 84?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

iamqban

Learning to Sprawl

iamqban Avatar

Career:315-239
Camp: FIGHTQBAN
Chips:
Yeah u r right ! Hopefully BJ bit the living crap out him! Ever since Sherk and Hughes laughed whe GSP lost to Serra I have no respect for both.....they r such a sore losers!

Post #16   1/10/08 7:32:28PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
I thought BJ didn't want to fight sherk ever if he failed too overturn the drug test?

Post #17   1/10/08 8:36:14PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
it won't happen watch for may being the time for the match up
canada already blew it's wad with the title fight, shogun fight, franklin vs lutter, karo vs alves it won't happen in canada just like i said it wouldn't happen in vegas for the lightweight belt

Post #18   1/10/08 9:31:13PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,990-1,064
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
lmfao ... sherk beat oenn ... listin how does sherk win lay and pray ... u can never lay and pray wit bj ... he wont take him down .. and if by soime strange chance bj is distracted by the ref and lips and sherk is on top of him penn will get back up ... and beat him standing ... and tko him ... cuz penn acctually stops fights ... i dont like fighters that dont finish ... sherk may be able to lay and pray ken and hermes ... but none of them have take down D like penn ... hughes couldnt take him down at 170 ... he wont get taken down at 155 ... i cant belive some people going against the prodigy

Post #19   1/10/08 10:21:03PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I agree, it seems pretty unlikely that this fight will take place in Canada. Having GSP fight to get his title back in his home country for their first Canadian event just makes sense, but putting another highly anticipated title match on the same card does not. From a business perspective the UFC is going to want to space their title matches out because the majority of viewers are casual fans who generally only tune in to see the big names (which essentially just means the title fights, or top contender matchups.)

Post #20   1/10/08 10:22:05PM   

EpicTerran

MMA Regular

EpicTerran Avatar

Career:658-391
Camp: Wolfpack Crew
Chips:
I think BJ Penn will tool sherk , people talk about how hes going to steamroll penn, with what ? his strength ? BJ has taken on the 2 best welterweights in the world who are both crazy strong , especially GSP , Penn dominates hughes first fight , goes a to very close split decision with GSP and dominates hughes in 2nd fight until his rib gets broken and he gasses out. That being said , both of those fighters hold wins over sherk, matt hughes proving that hes stronger then sherk and gsp just all-around better then sherk , so if anyone thinks bj is going to have problems with sherks muscle , think again , and we know sherk isnt going to throw some wild punch to knock BJ out cuz his striking isnt anywhere near that level , no sherk is going to do the only thing he knows how and thats go for takedowns and try to wear bj down , thats not going to work though because bj can handle strong guys and he is so incredibly flexible and has such amazing takedown defense i think sherk is in for a huge surprise , i actually consider joe stevenson a bigger threat because he is so much more well rounded

Post #21   1/11/08 1:52:25AM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
A lot of nut hugging on BJ's side but ofcourse when you get found guilty of steriods not many people will be on your side....

Sherks only two loses were to GSP and Hughes also, so it should be a very good fight. And if Sherk wins I hope everyone just shuts the hell up about Penn already...I wish they were fighting today......It's too bad.....

Post #22   1/11/08 12:00:51PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by StevieC

A lot of nut hugging on BJ's side but ofcourse when you get found guilty of steriods not many people will be on your side....

Sherks only two loses were to GSP and Hughes also, so it should be a very good fight. And if Sherk wins I hope everyone just shuts the hell up about Penn already...I wish they were fighting today......It's too bad.....

Definitely a lot of nut hugging on BJ... as far as being found guilty of steroids... well that's questionable. It just gives fighter bashers something to bash him about. There is so much crap involved in that case, for anyone to say for certain what happened just displays their complete ignorance.

In either case, someone mentioned something about BJ getting injured in the Hughes fight and that being the only reason he lost... yeah well, at one point in time I would have probably backed that argument. Then again, that was before I knew BJ got injured. I was under the impression watching the fight that BJ had just gassed really badly, and that it was due to a short notice on taking the fight. I felt that if he had more time to prepare, then the outcome would have been different... then when I realized it was an injury... I didn't think it was any different than a fighter getting cut in a fight and end up losing because of the cut, or because blood got in their eyes and they couldn't see. The injury was a result of something Hughes did, and therefore won Hughes the fight. It's no different than if a K-1 fighter gets kicked in the shin enough times that his leg breaks... he loses because of an injury, but ultimately the injury is because the other fighter beat the piss out of him.

Someone mentioned something about Penn going the distance with GSP... don't get me wrong, GSP is one of my favorite fighters, but he also seems to keep me on the edge of my seat more than anyone else. He has the tools to destroy anyone in the WW division, and maybe a few other divisions... but until he steps into the octagon it's hard to say if he will win the fight or not... So when saying he fought GSP the only thing that matters is that he lost, just like Sherk... besides MMAth never works.

I see a lot of people jumping off the BJ Penn bandwagon if he ends up losing to Stevenson or to Sherk. You don't have to like the way Sherk fights, but you can't change the fact that if he wins... he wins. I personally don't see why people find his fighting so boring, he absolutely dominates when he's fighting... it's not any different than when Chuck Liddell dominates/dominated people striking, or when Penn dominates/dominated people in JiuJitsu. Hell someone who has no JiuJitsu knowledge would probably think that a JiuJitsu fight is pretty boring as well. It's a matter of opinion, but the one thing that doesn't change is a win is a win, and a loss is a loss.

Post #23   1/11/08 1:23:10PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:

Posted by TNunley

Posted by StevieC

Definitely a lot of nut hugging on BJ... as far as being found guilty of steroids... well that's questionable. It just gives fighter bashers something to bash him about. There is so much crap involved in that case, for anyone to say for certain what happened just displays their complete ignorance.

In either case, someone mentioned something about BJ getting injured in the Hughes fight and that being the only reason he lost... yeah well, at one point in time I would have probably backed that argument. Then again, that was before I knew BJ got injured. I was under the impression watching the fight that BJ had just gassed really badly, and that it was due to a short notice on taking the fight. I felt that if he had more time to prepare, then the outcome would have been different... then when I realized it was an injury... I didn't think it was any different than a fighter getting cut in a fight and end up losing because of the cut, or because blood got in their eyes and they couldn't see. The injury was a result of something Hughes did, and therefore won Hughes the fight. It's no different than if a K-1 fighter gets kicked in the shin enough times that his leg breaks... he loses because of an injury, but ultimately the injury is because the other fighter beat the piss out of him.

Someone mentioned something about Penn going the distance with GSP... don't get me wrong, GSP is one of my favorite fighters, but he also seems to keep me on the edge of my seat more than anyone else. He has the tools to destroy anyone in the WW division, and maybe a few other divisions... but until he steps into the octagon it's hard to say if he will win the fight or not... So when saying he fought GSP the only thing that matters is that he lost, just like Sherk... besides MMAth never works.

I see a lot of people jumping off the BJ Penn bandwagon if he ends up losing to Stevenson or to Sherk. You don't have to like the way Sherk fights, but you can't change the fact that if he wins... he wins. I personally don't see why people find his fighting so boring, he absolutely dominates when he's fighting... it's not any different than when Chuck Liddell dominates/dominated people striking, or when Penn dominates/dominated people in JiuJitsu. Hell someone who has no JiuJitsu knowledge would probably think that a JiuJitsu fight is pretty boring as well. It's a matter of opinion, but the one thing that doesn't change is a win is a win, and a loss is a loss.

Couldn't agree with you more...

Post #24   1/11/08 1:30:05PM   

sammyd1213

MMA Regular

sammyd1213 Avatar

Career:116-82
Chips:
Yeah Sherk will be fighting Stevenson and will likely lay on him for 5 rounds.. too bad... WAR STEVENSON!!!!

Post #25   1/11/08 1:44:33PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,990-1,064
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
NO NUT HUGGING .... u guys are just not getting it lol ... if u guys say st peirre beats penn i could see where ur comming from but sherk is such a streatch its ridiculous lol ... sigh w.e imma have 2 wait for penn 2 prove it

Post #26   1/12/08 12:30:51AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2