Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

MMA Talk-2008 Predictions

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Titosux

Learning to Sprawl

Titosux Avatar
Record: 261-189
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
Holy Cow!

Sorry Ohio State but your the one who sounds like the Moron here, who cares what Stevie C likes, it's sounds like your arguing for nothing.

Plus, once Sherk beats Penn your going to feel pretty stupid....When Nog beats Sylvia too.

Post #16   1/11/08 7:51:21PM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar
Record: 826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:

Posted by StevieC

What is your deal? You have issues to take everything so personal bro.

Anywho, true I didn't watch Pride as much as UFC but I didn't want to purchase two PPV's in a month most of the time. I did watch a lot of Pride fights on Youtube and such afterword....

I like Sherk, that's why I have him ranked in everything I have. I don't believe someone who passes a lie detector test saying he didn't knowingly take steriods is considered a cheater(I know I am in the minority in that).

Sherk lost to GSP and Hughes two of the best WW ever, so there is no way you could give me a list of guys who could beat him hands down, just not going to happen....

Lesnar. LOL, ya. I didn't think anyone derserved the 10th spot so I had fun with it and put Lesnar...Glad you had a laugh..I thought it was funny to when I put it!

I don't think other fighters were not good enough, I just wasn't going to rank a good majority of the fighters who didn't fight in the UFC because that is the main attraction. I am not one of those "what if" and "dream matchup" guys. If guys want to fight the best(which you have to agree we have the best LHW, MW, WW and possibly LW, Sherk or Penn) then they have to be in the best organization in my opinion. Which is clearly the UFC. And the UFC was better than Pride the last two years of Prides exsitance.

Give me one guy(besides Rampage) who is fighting better than Machida right now in LHW? Didn't think so......

Sorry my favorite fighters are in the UFC....just guys I like I guess....didn't know it bugged you...

Your the ignorant one who thinks I don't know much just because I have strong opinions about certain things....

Just for your information though, the last two years I have watched every MMA out there, even tomorrows on the internet. Before that though it was mainly UFC. I wasn't a huge fan of Pride because I thought soccer kicks and stomps were a really bad way to win.

You just got your panties in a bunch because Ohio State got rocked by LSU aren't you? Man that sucks....

Keep it coming though, this is fun!

You almost had my respect, but then I read the second half of your post. I wasn't trying to make this a back and forth attack of the other poster. I started out by trying to tell you that just because you don't agree with something it doesn't mean it's wrong. Then you are the one that got defensive about Sherk and about your UFC nut hugging and about how you have the right to only like the UFC or whatever that crap is.

You want the list of guys that could beat Sherk?
-BJ Penn
-Joe Stevenson
-Takanori Gomi
-Mach Sakurai
-Gilbert Melendez
-JZ Calcanvante
-Tatsuya Kawajiri
-Frank Edgar
-Spencer Fisher
-Kenny Florian (I would argue to the death that KenFlo would win a rematch)
-Urijah Faber
-Kid Yamamoto
-Matt Serra (could make 155)
-Mitsuhiro Ishida
-Nick Diaz

That's 15, and I'd even be willing to bet that Sherk would lose to Roger Huerta too.

And the fact that you put Lesnar in there at number 10 as a joke sums up your entire rankings. That's exactly what they are: a joke.

Hotter LHW's than Machida (who is a very boring fighter, by the way, and would lose to most of the top LHW's):
-Chuck Liddell
-Forrest Griffin
-Keith Jardine

That's, uh, THREE!

You obviously do have strong opinions on certain things. But let me ask you this: if you had a son (I have no idea if you do), how would you feel if he took steroids? The fact that Sherk passed a lie detector test by saying that he didn't knowingly take steroids doesn't mean jack to me. The fact remains that the substance was found in his body, and he is ultimately responsible for what enters his body. Plain and simple. I feel that any athlete that tests positive for steroids should be immediately banned for lifetime from their sport. If that happens once, then we would never talk about steroids again. It's just not worth it.

And the shot about OSU was uncalled for. Hell yeah I'm pissed about what happened in the game. But guess what? I can separate sports from my real life. Which is more than I can say for some people. I dealt with the loss and I'm now over it. Hey, it's just football. But I can say one thing for myself. I'm such a true fan, that I can stick by my team no matter what. I'm what they call "tried and true."

And as far as keeping things coming, I haven't heard an intelligent response from you so far, so unless you can give me one, I think that I'll refrain from responding. Basically, I'm pretty sure that I am going to be doing the latter. The pressure is on....

Post #17   1/11/08 8:44:20PM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar
Chips:

Posted by Titosux

Holy Cow!

Sorry Ohio State but your the one who sounds like the Moron here, who cares what Stevie C likes, it's sounds like your arguing for nothing.

Plus, once Sherk beats Penn your going to feel pretty stupid....When Nog beats Sylvia too.

What a coincidence! A guy with a Sean Sherk avatar agrees with the Sherk nut hugger! Color me surprised!

Post #18   1/11/08 8:47:13PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar
Record: 548-340
Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by StevieC

What is your deal? You have issues to take everything so personal bro.

Anywho, true I didn't watch Pride as much as UFC but I didn't want to purchase two PPV's in a month most of the time. I did watch a lot of Pride fights on Youtube and such afterword....

I like Sherk, that's why I have him ranked in everything I have. I don't believe someone who passes a lie detector test saying he didn't knowingly take steriods is considered a cheater(I know I am in the minority in that).

Sherk lost to GSP and Hughes two of the best WW ever, so there is no way you could give me a list of guys who could beat him hands down, just not going to happen....

Lesnar. LOL, ya. I didn't think anyone derserved the 10th spot so I had fun with it and put Lesnar...Glad you had a laugh..I thought it was funny to when I put it!

I don't think other fighters were not good enough, I just wasn't going to rank a good majority of the fighters who didn't fight in the UFC because that is the main attraction. I am not one of those "what if" and "dream matchup" guys. If guys want to fight the best(which you have to agree we have the best LHW, MW, WW and possibly LW, Sherk or Penn) then they have to be in the best organization in my opinion. Which is clearly the UFC. And the UFC was better than Pride the last two years of Prides exsitance.

Give me one guy(besides Rampage) who is fighting better than Machida right now in LHW? Didn't think so......

Sorry my favorite fighters are in the UFC....just guys I like I guess....didn't know it bugged you...

Your the ignorant one who thinks I don't know much just because I have strong opinions about certain things....

Just for your information though, the last two years I have watched every MMA out there, even tomorrows on the internet. Before that though it was mainly UFC. I wasn't a huge fan of Pride because I thought soccer kicks and stomps were a really bad way to win.

You just got your panties in a bunch because Ohio State got rocked by LSU aren't you? Man that sucks....

Keep it coming though, this is fun!

You almost had my respect, but then I read the second half of your post. I wasn't trying to make this a back and forth attack of the other poster. I started out by trying to tell you that just because you don't agree with something it doesn't mean it's wrong. Then you are the one that got defensive about Sherk and about your UFC nut hugging and about how you have the right to only like the UFC or whatever that crap is.

You want the list of guys that could beat Sherk?
-BJ Penn
-Joe Stevenson
-Takanori Gomi
-Mach Sakurai
-Gilbert Melendez
-JZ Calcanvante
-Tatsuya Kawajiri
-Frank Edgar
-Spencer Fisher
-Kenny Florian (I would argue to the death that KenFlo would win a rematch)
-Urijah Faber
-Kid Yamamoto
-Matt Serra (could make 155)
-Mitsuhiro Ishida
-Nick Diaz

That's 15, and I'd even be willing to bet that Sherk would lose to Roger Huerta too.

And the fact that you put Lesnar in there at number 10 as a joke sums up your entire rankings. That's exactly what they are: a joke.

Hotter LHW's than Machida (who is a very boring fighter, by the way, and would lose to most of the top LHW's):
-Chuck Liddell
-Forrest Griffin
-Keith Jardine

That's, uh, THREE!

You obviously do have strong opinions on certain things. But let me ask you this: if you had a son (I have no idea if you do), how would you feel if he took steroids? The fact that Sherk passed a lie detector test by saying that he didn't knowingly take steroids doesn't mean jack to me. The fact remains that the substance was found in his body, and he is ultimately responsible for what enters his body. Plain and simple. I feel that any athlete that tests positive for steroids should be immediately banned for lifetime from their sport. If that happens once, then we would never talk about steroids again. It's just not worth it.

And the shot about OSU was uncalled for. Hell yeah I'm pissed about what happened in the game. But guess what? I can separate sports from my real life. Which is more than I can say for some people. I dealt with the loss and I'm now over it. Hey, it's just football. But I can say one thing for myself. I'm such a true fan, that I can stick by my team no matter what. I'm what they call "tried and true."

And as far as keeping things coming, I haven't heard an intelligent response from you so far, so unless you can give me one, I think that I'll refrain from responding. Basically, I'm pretty sure that I am going to be doing the latter. The pressure is on....

LOL! Pressure? Your list was ridiculas.....(not all the fighters but the majority)

Machida/Soku was boring? (Maybe Liddell, because that fight was sweet vs Wandi, but not Jardine or Forrest, Machida would beat them both)

Honestly though nothing said I have taken personally, I have been laughing through it all....Your the one that seems to be upset and hateing on me.

It's alright though, until these fighters fight there is really nothing to back it up with. But I will say again with the Pride/UFC thing, that only Rampage, Silva and Nog(one fight) have done anything since coming over from Pride......Everyone else has lost....

Have a good night.

O ya, I can't give you too much crap about O,S.....I live in Gopher country..and they stink...just blowin up your skirt....

Post #19   1/11/08 10:05:05PM   

Titosux

Learning to Sprawl

Titosux Avatar
Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by Titosux

Holy Cow!

What a coincidence! A guy with a Sean Sherk avatar agrees with the Sherk nut hugger! Color me surprised!

Still doesn't hide the fact that your a moron...

That list of guys that can beat Sherk, please tell me how everyone of those guys would win....

Why do you think Sherk is a bad fighter? Do you know his record? Are you just mad cause he had steriods in his system or have you never liked him? Just because he is a wrestler doesn't mean he is boring. You have Frakie Edgar in your list and he is a wrestler. There are other names but the fact that you have Spencer Fisher in literally made me roll on the floor laughing!

Post #20   1/11/08 10:08:28PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar
Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Stevie-You honestly think that the only good fighters in the world are in the UFC? Oh, I'm sorry..the "top fighters in the world are int the UFC." You called me a BJ Penn nuthugger, but you are obviously a UFC nuthugger.

I took a gander at your predictions and here is what I found:

-Out of 70 fighters that you ranked, only 13 are non-UFC fighters.

14 actually are non-UFC fighters in my rankings but it's funny you say that cause you only have 16.....Does that make you a UFC nuthugger? I agree I am but there is really nothng else to compete with the UFC so, I don't see your point there....

Post #21   1/12/08 3:10:39PM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar
Chips:

Posted by StevieC

Posted by ohiostate1016

Stevie-You honestly think that the only good fighters in the world are in the UFC? Oh, I'm sorry..the "top fighters in the world are int the UFC." You called me a BJ Penn nuthugger, but you are obviously a UFC nuthugger.

14 actually are non-UFC fighters in my rankings but it's funny you say that cause you only have 16.....Does that make you a UFC nuthugger? I agree I am but there is really nothng else to compete with the UFC so, I don't see your point there....

Actually, I have 21 non-UFC fighters ranked (including if you add Faves and it counts twice if you have them ranked in P4P). You are a UFC nuthugger, but you don't even know the fighters that are in the UFC.

And I'd put money that any of those guys would beat Sherk. And just so you know, I've never been a fan of him. But once it was found out that he was a cheater on top of that, he immediately became my least favorite fighter. It's him and then Mike Kyle.

Post #22   1/13/08 12:14:40PM   

paddy260

MMA Regular

paddy260 Avatar
Record: 347-237
Chips:
i agrre with everything that ohiostate said exept about the whole sean sherk thing people make mistakes, even if he meant to take them i can bet my life that he will never do it again

Post #23   1/13/08 2:14:16PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar
Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by StevieC

Posted by ohiostate1016

Actually, I have 21 non-UFC fighters ranked (including if you add Faves and it counts twice if you have them ranked in P4P). You are a UFC nuthugger, but you don't even know the fighters that are in the UFC.

And I'd put money that any of those guys would beat Sherk. And just so you know, I've never been a fan of him. But once it was found out that he was a cheater on top of that, he immediately became my least favorite fighter. It's him and then Mike Kyle.

O sorry, I didn't count P4P and Favorites, didn't want to count the same guy twice....

Plus I already told you I am a UFC nuthugger I have been watching it since UFC 3, but who else really competes now? Yet I don't know where you get that I don't know the fighters.....You have Forrest Griffin ranked number #2 LHW?? So you really can't say jack about me puting Machida there....not that I don't like Forrest but just because he beat Shogun doesn't mean he is better. Just means he was better that day. I would be shocked if he goes the distance with Rampage, pumped, but shocked.

Anywho, I could care less that your a fan of Sherks. Like I said before it's tough to say who would win until they(your 15) fight, if they fight. I guess time will tell. And Kenflo did nothing against Sherk except for cut him open. I know why you like Kenflo though, #2 in your fav's. So your bias too.

Anywho I hope you can drop your beef, for whatever reason it feels like you have one, maybe because deep down you know I am right!

Because it's all a matter of opinion until these people actually fight. Nog/Sylvia and Sherk vs. the World(although he already spanked Kenflo). And my rankings are also imperfect and I am sure swayed by bias thoughts, just like yours, so to criticize me based on my rankings of not knowing fighters is dumb. It's all personal opinion baby just like my first post about your link...So you gotta learn to live with it, not everyone is going to agree with you!

Have a good one, O and your wrong about everything!

Post #24   1/13/08 8:11:26PM   

Titosux

Learning to Sprawl

Titosux Avatar
Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by StevieC

Posted by ohiostate1016

Dude how could you ever put Kyle and Sherk in the same boat? You talk like Sherk is the only guy who has ever had some kind of substance in his system....That last sentence alone really tells me how much of a moron you really are, before I was just messin around......

Post #25   1/13/08 8:27:25PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2