Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

MMA Talk-2008 Predictions

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
Happy New Year!!!

It may be a little late but this is the first MMA Talk of 2008. I ended last year with a Year in Review. I would like to start this year looking ahead. I expect it to be another great year for MMA with exciting fights and great fighters.

LINK

Post #1   1/10/08 2:05:04PM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Chips:
Not my blog, but this guy brings it every time I read his stuff. Enjoy!

Post #2   1/10/08 2:06:47PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
They need to find another guy to write MMA for the Sporting News.

First, Brock is already fighting someone in the Top Ten (For the UFC) at HW.

GSP, if he beats Serra, will fight Fitch, if he beats Gono.

Penn won't beat Sherk.

Sylvia won't beat Nog.

I like that he has Hendo beating Silva but if that happens Hendersons next fight will probably be against Silva again.

If Henderson stays MW, Silva and Hendo will be 1/2 for a while.

And yes it would be sweet to get Gomi and Lindland, and......Sakuri, Fihlo, Melendez, Aoki, Ishida, Rothwell, Lawler, Trigg, Misaki, Akiyama, Shields, Condit, JC, and ofcourse Fedor.

There is more on the mind but Dana White will be busy with these guys I'm sure.

Post #3   1/10/08 2:49:30PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,834-1,785
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I liked the article and it remeinded me of who Kyle was....I am surprised that he is allowed to fight...hopefully Ricco will lay down a STANK a$$ whoopin'!!!

Post #4   1/10/08 2:57:30PM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by StevieC

Penn won't beat Sherk.

Sylvia won't beat Nog.

I like that he has Hendo beating Silva but if that happens Hendersons next fight will probably be against Silva again.

And yes it would be sweet to get Gomi and Lindland, and......Sakuri, Fihlo, Melendez, Aoki, Ishida, Rothwell, Lawler, Trigg, Misaki, Akiyama, Shields, Condit, JC, and ofcourse Fedor.

Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he's wrong. First of all, Mir is not a top ten HW (who cares if he's top ten in the UFC?). Penn could very well beat Sherk, especially if Sherk isn't on roids anymore. And I could also see Sylvia beating Nog. Nog struggled with a guy like Herring that could strike, and Big Tim is just a bigger and taller version of Herring. But what I'm saying is don't discount something that you don't automatically agree with.

Post #5   1/10/08 3:05:25PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by StevieC

Penn won't beat Sherk.

Sylvia won't beat Nog.

Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he's wrong. First of all, Mir is not a top ten HW (who cares if he's top ten in the UFC?). Penn could very well beat Sherk, especially if Sherk isn't on roids anymore. And I could also see Sylvia beating Nog. Nog struggled with a guy like Herring that could strike, and Big Tim is just a bigger and taller version of Herring. But what I'm saying is don't discount something that you don't automatically agree with.

That's the beauty of these boards bro, if you don't want it to get picked apart then don't post it. And I know Mir isn't top ten, I said he was top ten in the UFC, I mentioned that because Lesnar is only going to fight UFC guys....

I know Penn could beat Sherk, but he won't.

I know Sylvia could beat Nog, but he won't.

Sorry to ruffle your feathers bro....Ohio State sucks! LOL just kidding

Post #6   1/10/08 3:46:17PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Chips:
O ya, roids doesn't make you a better fighter. Sherk is a stamina guy and steriods hurts your conditioning and endurance, so the fact that Sherk passed a lie detector test saying he didn't know he took steriods doesn't surprise me. But if he was a roid user(on a consistant basis) and went off of them then his stamina would even be better than it is now......not good news for Penn or Stevenson, but really Penn.

Post #7   1/10/08 3:53:13PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,071-1,071
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by StevieC

O ya, roids doesn't make you a better fighter. Sherk is a stamina guy and steriods hurts your conditioning and endurance, so the fact that Sherk passed a lie detector test saying he didn't know he took steriods doesn't surprise me. But if he was a roid user(on a consistant basis) and went off of them then his stamina would even be better than it is now......not good news for Penn or Stevenson, but really Penn.

Sherk will be humiliate live in front of my eyes in montreal man !! lol

And it will make me very happy to see BJ submitt him like a baby !!

Post #8   1/10/08 4:24:42PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by StevieC

Sherk will be humiliate live in front of my eyes in montreal man !! lol

And it will make me very happy to see BJ submitt him like a baby !!

Fights are 50/50 so I can't say I know for a fact Sherk will win...

But I am about 95% sure that if Sherk loses it won't be by submission.....

Post #9   1/10/08 4:30:51PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
i liked the article . the guy seemed reasonable and his predictions were not unreasonable. noone can get that in-depth and be right about everything but he seemed logical. i hope everyone else boycotts the mike kyle fight the guy is everything described and more

Post #10   1/10/08 5:21:40PM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by StevieC

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by StevieC

Penn won't beat Sherk.

Sylvia won't beat Nog.

That's the beauty of these boards bro, if you don't want it to get picked apart then don't post it. And I know Mir isn't top ten, I said he was top ten in the UFC, I mentioned that because Lesnar is only going to fight UFC guys....

I know that a lot of stuff will get picked apart, but you didn't do it the right way. You just said, "Oh, he's wrong because his predictions are wrong." You didn't give a reason. Reasonable explanations are also the beauty of these boards. Bold statements about how someone is wrong without giving an explanation is something that you should maybe try to stay away from if you want to get some love from the other posters.

And just because you like Sherk doesn't mean that he is going to beat BJ Penn. LOL you have Sherk ranked as the #1 LW in the world. There are 15 guys that are better in the LW division than Sean Sherk. Maybe more. Sherk will get humiliated by Penn.

And you obviously have no idea about how steroids work, so let me tell you what they do. Most steroids help you heal faster so that you can train longer and harder than before. Some people (Sherk) happen to train longer and harder on cardio. So saying that roids hurt your cardio is an ignorant statement yet again.

And you still haven't given me a reason why Tim Sylvia won't beat Nogueira. I told you my reason why he could. Let's hear yours of why he couldn't. Surely you aren't going solely on name recognition. That doesn't sound like you at all...

Post #11   1/11/08 1:48:01AM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by StevieC

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by StevieC

Penn won't beat Sherk.

Sylvia won't beat Nog.

I know that a lot of stuff will get picked apart, but you didn't do it the right way. You just said, "Oh, he's wrong because his predictions are wrong." You didn't give a reason. Reasonable explanations are also the beauty of these boards. Bold statements about how someone is wrong without giving an explanation is something that you should maybe try to stay away from if you want to get some love from the other posters.

And just because you like Sherk doesn't mean that he is going to beat BJ Penn. LOL you have Sherk ranked as the #1 LW in the world. There are 15 guys that are better in the LW division than Sean Sherk. Maybe more. Sherk will get humiliated by Penn.

And you obviously have no idea about how steroids work, so let me tell you what they do. Most steroids help you heal faster so that you can train longer and harder than before. Some people (Sherk) happen to train longer and harder on cardio. So saying that roids hurt your cardio is an ignorant statement yet again.

And you still haven't given me a reason why Tim Sylvia won't beat Nogueira. I told you my reason why he could. Let's hear yours of why he couldn't. Surely you aren't going solely on name recognition. That doesn't sound like you at all...

Another thing about these boards is that guys talk bigger than they are.......way to be a dink.

I have explained my Sherk stuff too much and honestly tired of explaining it. I see Nog taking Sylvia down and once he is on the ground it is over for Svlvia. Nog won't win the standup that is why he is taking it to the ground. I have watched the UFC more than any other fighter event so if I was basing it off of name rec I would be picking Sylvia. But I'm not.

And to say there are 15 guys better than Sherk is dumb and BJ nut hugging. I have Sherk at number 1 LW because until a LW beats him why put someone ahead of him? I think UFC is the best of the best and until others fighters step up and join the UFC I am not going to put them ahead of the UFC champ. I don't dislike Penn by any means and if he beats Sherk he will be number one. Did you notice I have Penn number 2? Don't get me wrong I like Gomi, Sakuri, Melendez and Ishida but again, fight in the UFC. That is where your really going to get noticed(although I do watch every event I can).

It's like Fedor fighting Hoi Mang Choi? I mean what? It's dumb and fans don't want to see Fedor just dominate. They want to see him fight Randy, and Barnett etc.

Anyway's, you are right in the fact that I shouldn't of jumped on the guys article, I just seem to dislike the ones you post for some reason, I think the last one I saw you post was a guys ranking Jardine #2 LHW.

Anyways, I guess all the talk between Sherk/Penn is all for not if Penn doesn't get by Stevenson.

Then when/if they fight...I guess we will see who is right, which by looking at your rankings is normally me....

Post #12   1/11/08 11:51:58AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Chips:
Stevie-You honestly think that the only good fighters in the world are in the UFC? Oh, I'm sorry..the "top fighters in the world are int the UFC." You called me a BJ Penn nuthugger, but you are obviously a UFC nuthugger.

I took a gander at your predictions and here is what I found:

-Out of 70 fighters that you ranked, only 13 are non-UFC fighters.
-You have Brock Lesnar, a man with one pro MMA fight, ranked as your #10 HW
-You have Sean Sherk, a man that cheated and got caught, ranked as your #6 P4P fighter and your #1 LW (LMAO!...he's not even top 15. Do you want a list of fighters that would beat him if they fought today?)
-None of your 10 favorite fighters fight out of the UFC, which leads me to believe that you don't watch any org other than the UFC.
-You talked about someone having Keith Jardine ranked as the #2 LHW, but you have Lyoto Machida ranked as your #2. Now I don't think that there is a clear cut #2, but you are the one that mentioned it, so you are the one that is going to get embarrassed here.

Seriously though, watch something other than the UFC. This is MMA Playground, not UFC Playground. Trust me, there is a difference.

And you are also a very ignorant fan if you think that some of these fighters want to be in the UFC. The only reason that the UFC is the top organization in the world is because Pride no longer exists. But you've probably never heard of that organization, have you? It's the one where there are all of these Japanese guys and they put on bigger and better shows than the UFC. Too bad it's no longer around for people like you to ignore.

Post #13   1/11/08 5:23:45PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Stevie-You honestly think that the only good fighters in the world are in the UFC? Oh, I'm sorry..the "top fighters in the world are int the UFC." You called me a BJ Penn nuthugger, but you are obviously a UFC nuthugger.

I took a gander at your predictions and here is what I found:

-Out of 70 fighters that you ranked, only 13 are non-UFC fighters.
-You have Brock Lesnar, a man with one pro MMA fight, ranked as your #10 HW
-You have Sean Sherk, a man that cheated and got caught, ranked as your #6 P4P fighter and your #1 LW (LMAO!...he's not even top 15. Do you want a list of fighters that would beat him if they fought today?)
-None of your 10 favorite fighters fight out of the UFC, which leads me to believe that you don't watch any org other than the UFC.
-You talked about someone having Keith Jardine ranked as the #2 LHW, but you have Lyoto Machida ranked as your #2. Now I don't think that there is a clear cut #2, but you are the one that mentioned it, so you are the one that is going to get embarrassed here.

Seriously though, watch something other than the UFC. This is MMA Playground, not UFC Playground. Trust me, there is a difference.

And you are also a very ignorant fan if you think that some of these fighters want to be in the UFC. The only reason that the UFC is the top organization in the world is because Pride no longer exists. But you've probably never heard of that organization, have you? It's the one where there are all of these Japanese guys and they put on bigger and better shows than the UFC. Too bad it's no longer around for people like you to ignore.

What is your deal? You have issues to take everything so personal bro.

Anywho, true I didn't watch Pride as much as UFC but I didn't want to purchase two PPV's in a month most of the time. I did watch a lot of Pride fights on Youtube and such afterword....

I like Sherk, that's why I have him ranked in everything I have. I don't believe someone who passes a lie detector test saying he didn't knowingly take steriods is considered a cheater(I know I am in the minority in that).

Sherk lost to GSP and Hughes two of the best WW ever, so there is no way you could give me a list of guys who could beat him hands down, just not going to happen....

Lesnar. LOL, ya. I didn't think anyone derserved the 10th spot so I had fun with it and put Lesnar...Glad you had a laugh..I thought it was funny to when I put it!

I don't think other fighters were not good enough, I just wasn't going to rank a good majority of the fighters who didn't fight in the UFC because that is the main attraction. I am not one of those "what if" and "dream matchup" guys. If guys want to fight the best(which you have to agree we have the best LHW, MW, WW and possibly LW, Sherk or Penn) then they have to be in the best organization in my opinion. Which is clearly the UFC. And the UFC was better than Pride the last two years of Prides exsitance.

Give me one guy(besides Rampage) who is fighting better than Machida right now in LHW? Didn't think so......

Sorry my favorite fighters are in the UFC....just guys I like I guess....didn't know it bugged you...

Your the ignorant one who thinks I don't know much just because I have strong opinions about certain things....

Just for your information though, the last two years I have watched every MMA out there, even tomorrows on the internet. Before that though it was mainly UFC. I wasn't a huge fan of Pride because I thought soccer kicks and stomps were a really bad way to win.

You just got your panties in a bunch because Ohio State got rocked by LSU aren't you? Man that sucks....

Keep it coming though, this is fun!

Post #14   1/11/08 7:40:16PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Chips:
O ya, if this site wasn't majority UFC then why are all other Org's called Secondary League?

Hmm, interesting....

Post #15   1/11/08 7:45:42PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2