Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Okami vs Tanner

Print  
Who is gonna win
Okami 34 68%
Tanner 16 32%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:
i think tanner's return to the octagon is going to be a lot like randy couture's. lots of people are counting tanner out and saying that this is a bad match for him to make his comeback with, but lets not forget how good tanner is in the clinch. i dont think anyone who has fought okami so far has really pressed the action against him, except maybe fraanklin in the 2nd round of their fight, if tanner comes at okami strong i think he can overwhelm him in the clinch with knees and either put him on his back or end the fight by KO/TKO.

WAR TANNER!!!

Post #16   1/11/08 1:45:39PM   

GraMMA

MMA Regular

GraMMA Avatar

Career:890-539
Chips:
I too am surprised they're giving Tanner such a tough fight for his comeback;that's why I'm thinking that whoever wins will get a title shot.And if Tanner can beat Okami I think he's worthy of it.I don't see it happening though,Okami is too big and strong for Tanner imo,but I could change my mind before the fight since I gotta root for Evan.

Post #17   1/13/08 9:25:37PM   

GraMMA

MMA Regular

GraMMA Avatar

Career:890-539
Chips:

Posted by Gladiator

i think tanner's return to the octagon is going to be a lot like randy couture's. lots of people are counting tanner out and saying that this is a bad match for him to make his comeback with, but lets not forget how good tanner is in the clinch. i dont think anyone who has fought okami so far has really pressed the action against him, except maybe fraanklin in the 2nd round of their fight, if tanner comes at okami strong i think he can overwhelm him in the clinch with knees and either put him on his back or end the fight by KO/TKO.

WAR TANNER!!!

You make some real good points and I hope you're correct.

Post #18   1/13/08 9:28:04PM   

shakeandbake

Learning to Sprawl

shakeandbake Avatar

Career:408-216
Chips:
i think yushin okami has good enough wrestling to take tanner down and keep him there for the UD. but if evan grows his mountain man beard for the fight id say he will have the advantage.

most likely outcome : Yushin Okami wins by TKO or UD

coolest possible outcome: Evan Tanner wins by verbal submission 5 seconds into the prefight announcing due to Okami's fear of Tanner's beard.

Post #19   1/15/08 2:43:54AM   

Underhook

Banned

Career:20-11
Chips:
kinda sick of watching okami go to decisions, but i think anderson wants to legitimatly KO okami with a win this time, none the less GO TANNER!!!

Post #20   1/15/08 5:45:30AM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Career:474-316
Camp: The Tactical Underground
Chips:
Im hoping Okami wins, and he most likely will... So Silva can KO him and bump him to the back of the MW bus..

I respect Okami's skill, but like some people have previously mentioned he does tend to have boring fights which usually end up going to a decision... I would like to see Anderson KO him.

Post #21   1/15/08 3:13:17PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Kastro

Evan Tanner is a veteran of the sport no doubt, he has lots of experience and he is as tough as they come I just cant see him beating Okami... Okami (who towers over Tanner) will be able to take Tanner down to the mat with easy via leg trip and eventually pound him out...

im still not sold that this fight will happen because no official word from tanners camp has come out about a signed contract yet, and hes been a little flaky lately. that said , okami has 2 inches on tanner, sure hes a big MW but hes not towering over evan and evan has fought and beaten bigger guys before. if tanner can get to okami and clinch up he has a MAJOR advantage, the guy was team quest when it was at its peak(IMO), so he definately knows clinch work. if okami keeps his distance or gets top position one way or another its his UD to take. okami has said since his last fight and contract "issue"(would he be let go or re-sign because he was perceived as boring by some UFC brass) that he wants to finish fights and will be putting more emphasis on that, and that plays right into tanners game. okami needs to be patient to win or the grizzled(and sometimes grizzly) vet will get the best of him.

Post #22   1/15/08 4:46:10PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2