Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

bodogfight premiere tonight - LW

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,369-1,558
Chips:
the new season of bodogfight starts tonight.. im not able to watch them, but the two fights tonight sound like they will be great.. they are starting with the lightweights..

yves edwards vs mike thomas brown
kultar 'black mamba' gill vs rodrigo damm

yves vs mike is going to insane.. for those of you who dont know mike thomas brown, he is one tough dude.. he fought genki sudo in the UFC, and he holds the AFC (org here in florida) lightweight belt and has held it for some time.. he is 13-4-0 with 8 submissions and 2 KOs.. and obviously everyone knows all about yves edwards.. so.. all im saying, is this is going to be a war.. i cant wait to find out how it turned out tomorrow

kultar gill is a veteran of shooto and K-1 hero's and has victories over hideo tokoro and harris sarmiento.. rodrigo damm is the brother of carina damm, and has an excellent jiujitsu game.. if it goes to the ground, i definately give the advantage to rodrigo.. either way, its another great matchup..

just my two cents, since nobody seemed to know or say anything about this.. i thought alot more people would be excited about edwards vs brown.. oh well

Post #1   2/13/07 5:10:02PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I just set it to Tivo, I hope it's better than last season. thanks for the info

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   2/13/07 5:39:34PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I think I was a little in the dark on this one...

Where/How can I watch it??

Post #3   2/13/07 6:05:30PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
There is a link from Zephead on the front page. PAX channel , they changed their name. It just says" I" channel on direct TV

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   2/13/07 6:11:43PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

There is a link from Zephead on the front page. PAX channel , they changed their name. It just says" I" channel on direct TV

I just looked for that channel on my directv and couldn't find it. what # is it?

Post #5   2/13/07 6:31:17PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
It's channel 30 here, where all the local access channels are

The Iron Code

Post #6   2/13/07 7:17:16PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,741-1,058
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
I live out in the Northwest and I've got it; Shame it only says its 30 minutes long so these fights must go on pretty quick.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #7   2/13/07 7:28:13PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Mine says it's an hour long? The first round just got over with of the first fight and it's only 10:15 here in Missouri.

Post #8   2/13/07 11:19:13PM   

benihana

Learning to Sprawl

benihana Avatar

Career:17-10
Chips:
they could've made it a half hr show.. lots of repetitive commercials, too many unnecessary breaks

Post #9   2/14/07 1:24:10AM   

TonyDanza

MMA Regular

TonyDanza Avatar

Career:1,425-866
Camp: Paul Newmans Fight Club
Chips:
The commercials were horrid , can only take so many Jody foster / Kung Fu spots in an hour.

Plus Yves Edwards pissed me off , htf did he lose .

Post #10   2/14/07 1:39:58AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
Mike Brown is really good. That's an upset with Yves. Yves just can't seem to find himself again. Mike Brown reminds me of Sean Sherk. I can see them two going to war. They were fight of the night. The over all programing of the show was ok. I didn't like the added cheering in the back ground during the fights. Yves is so good, I just hate to see him loose. His career has got to be hurting.

Post #11   2/14/07 3:50:21AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
I'm a big fan of Kultar Gill. Very exciting fighter to watch and his war with Uno was awesome!

Post #12   2/14/07 5:05:57AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,369-1,558
Chips:

Posted by aceprone

Mike Brown is really good. That's an upset with Yves. Yves just can't seem to find himself again. Mike Brown reminds me of Sean Sherk. I can see them two going to war. They were fight of the night. The over all programing of the show was ok. I didn't like the added cheering in the back ground during the fights. Yves is so good, I just hate to see him loose. His career has got to be hurting.

excellent.. i looked everywhere this morning for results and i couldnt find them anywhere.. i had a feeling mike would pull off the upset.. dude is really good

anyone wanna tell me how it went down?
and what about gill vs damm?

Post #13   2/14/07 8:44:04AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
"Black Mamba"?
Maybe GSP will change his name to "Johnny Cage." Tim Sylvia can be Goro.

Anyway... Edwards-Brown was definitely the better fight. Brown-Damm should be fun.

Post #14   2/14/07 8:54:15AM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,741-1,058
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
I don't know what the hell that ref was looking at; How Black Mamba managed not to get deducted points for holding on to the ropes not once but at least 3-4 times in that first round is beyond me. The Mike Brown/Yves Edwards fight was pretty good; also sad to see Edwards lose but Brown won that fight 30-27 in my book. Brown is no slouch this is a guy who has fought Genki Sudo in the UFC; he's also fought Hermes Franca and he holds a win over Mark Hominick.

The show overall was okay; I wasn't really a fan of the commentating but it wasn't terrible. Free MMA Is The Best!

Post #15   2/14/07 9:20:33AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2