Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

When and Who will the ICEMAN fight next???

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,135-1,267
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
Machida at 84 is my guess

Shogun is fighting at 83 he thinks...si I doubt that will be Chucks next fight...I think Machida makes the most sense....Thiago could also be a possibility...or maybe even Houston

edit- or Rashad

Last edited 1/7/08 6:20PM server time by Mayhem13
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   1/7/08 6:16:52PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,522-1,450
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Rush

I all honesty, the perfect match up IMO for Chuck, but will never happen would be Chuck and Forrest.

dont be too quick to think that, chuck has this mmajacked site that he promotes really heavily right now and forrest posted a myspace bulletin today saying that he is not, nor will he ever be a member of the site and apparently they have been using his name without permission. not saying that that would cause them to fight, but its food for thought.

Post #17   1/7/08 7:41:49PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
Chuck Vs Rashad..So we can see if Rashad is a top ten guy.A win over Bisbing and Bonnar and a draw with Tito sitll isnt enough for me to consider him top ten just yet.

Shogun Vs Jardine-I dunno i just think its interesting

Thiago Vs Machida...Altho i think Machida could have a title shot now..Hes undefeated and has wins over Franklin,Bonnar,Bj Penn,Nakamura,and Soko.Same can be said for Thiago being undefeated he just hasnt beat some of the top guys like Machida has.

Wandy Vs Houston--Could be brutal..

Post #18   1/7/08 9:01:38PM   

rabbit915

In Full Mount

rabbit915 Avatar

Career:2,011-1,129
Chips:
I think being undefeated is an overrated trait. Just because theyve never lost doesnt mean they have proved they are better than a guy who has lost to top guys.

Machida should be in contender talks but needs one more big win. I think Thiago needs two more.

Post #19   1/7/08 9:08:17PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Chuck Vs Rashad..So we can see if Rashad is a top ten guy.A win over Bisbing and Bonnar and a draw with Tito sitll isnt enough for me to consider him top ten just yet.

chuck vs rashad is not fair to rashad. Rashad = half assed takedowns and Chuck = best takedown defense in the sport....that combined with chucks new focus and heavy hands and rashads unimpressive striking.....this is MMA's second death waiting to happen....

Wandy vs Houston? Maybe MMA's third death. A knee would go straight through Alexanders chest and head...or if wandy wanted to he'd just take him down and submit him.

Post #20   1/8/08 10:08:21AM   

Chris_Jabs_Too_Much

Learning to Sprawl

Career:55-38
Chips:
Liddell vs Shogun would be AWESOME. Liddell vs Thiago Silva as well, and I agree that being undefeated does not make you top ten, but it would be a great test for Silva, as it was for Jardine.

And sorry but if Chuck does make it back to Rampage for redemption/title fight... I gotta give it to Rampage. I've watched them both pretty much their entire careers and I gotta give it to Rampage (again). But I like Liddell and have always respected him as a fighter, but I will (and always have) be going for Quinton.

Again! No disrespect, Liddell is awesome.

Post #21   1/8/08 3:14:06PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

chuck vs rashad is not fair to rashad. Rashad = half assed takedowns and Chuck = best takedown defense in the sport....that combined with chucks new focus and heavy hands and rashads unimpressive striking.....this is MMA's second death waiting to happen....

Wandy vs Houston? Maybe MMA's third death. A knee would go straight through Alexanders chest and head...or if wandy wanted to he'd just take him down and submit him.

Wow...I highly doubt Chuck would literally "Kill" Rashad and the same goes for Wandy Vs Houston...I think Chuck and Rashad would be a good matchup so we can see if Rashad is top ten material..The guy has only gotten better since he's been on TUF..He's a solid wrestler and his striking has improved.I'd pick Chuck but its a fight to see if Chuck is still Chuck and if Rashad can be a top ten guy.

Wandy Vs Houston...Whose to say that Houston couldn't KO Wandy..He also has some sick knees...Hello Sakara and Jardine anyone?? as long as he dont get taken down on his back the guy can Explode and let the hands and Knees fly...Id pick Wandy to win but im just saying.These are what i think would be descent matchups you dont have agree,Or make a ridiculous statement like Rashad and Houston would be dead...

Post #22   1/8/08 5:20:20PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I'd like to see him fight a healthy Shogun.

I wouldn't like to see him fight Rashad at all. He needs to fight guys who are higher up.

Post #23   1/8/08 5:28:38PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Wow...I highly doubt Chuck would literally "Kill" Rashad and the same goes for Wandy Vs Houston...I think Chuck and Rashad would be a good matchup so we can see if Rashad is top ten material..The guy has only gotten better since he's been on TUF..He's a solid wrestler and his striking has improved.I'd pick Chuck but its a fight to see if Chuck is still Chuck and if Rashad can be a top ten guy.

Wandy Vs Houston...Whose to say that Houston couldn't KO Wandy..He also has some sick knees...Hello Sakara and Jardine anyone?? as long as he dont get taken down on his back the guy can Explode and let the hands and Knees fly...Id pick Wandy to win but im just saying.These are what i think would be descent matchups you dont have agree,Or make a ridiculous statement like Rashad and Houston would be dead..

haha i didnt literally mean they would die, i just mean it'd be completely one sided ending in a brutal ko. Chuck has beaten better takedown artists and bigger, better strikers. Im not saying i wouldnt love to see chuck KO someone id just rather see him keep testing himself and take on Shogun.

And Houston still has yet to show great striking. He has power but his striking is below par. Wandy would catch him with that barrage of huge hooks and put him out.

Post #24   1/8/08 7:43:33PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Thiago Silva dammit!!!

He's the new Wandy-Shogun with his brutal-brawling-exciting and entertaining style that goes back to his Chutebox days! He's very smart, has mad skills, and I think he's one of the best fighters in the division!!

He has tremendous heart, he'll brawl with the brawlers and if it happens to go to the ground, he'll GNP you out or submit your ass! I think him vs Chuck would be more exciting then Wandy vs Chuck!!!.....just without the several year hype. Thiago would look at the Wandy fight and do everything Wandy didn't that gave Liddell the decision.

I personally think it's bullshit Chuck is back in the title mix after getting owned in 2 of his last 3 fights and barely pulled out a close decision with the 1st two rounds I could see going either way. Maybe this is because I'm the driver of the Thiago Silva bandwagon but I think he deserves a shot being undefeated and all! Maybe Rashad?

If not Thiago, Chuck should rematch Jardine since all you Chuckheads think it was a fluke. I personally think Jardine would own him again and get the knockout. He did exactly what you have to do to beat Chuck. He was just a little hesititant since Chuck was a feared striker at the time coming off dangerous after a brutal KO. I think Jardine will use that same gameplan and be less scared and will lay him out!!!

THATS IT! First of all if you hate Chuck so much why do u have his picture as ur display pic? Just curious. oh and if you think the Wandy fight was close you need to open your EYES and watch the fight as a neutral fan and not a biased fan for Wandy. JUST ADMIT that Wandy got destroyed in that fight, in all 3 rounds!

In the 1st round Chuck landed way more shots..i dont think Wand landed 1 clean shot. In the "contraversial" 2nd round Chuck didn't get knocked down.
they were slips both times...the 2nd slip wasn't a knockdown, if you watch Chuck landed a big right and as he was moving back Wand barely skimmed Chucks face when Chuck was already on his way down, then Chuck opened up Wand with a couple elbows and landed 2 big rights and then took Wand down( enough said ). 3rd round was all Chuck, takedown, spinning back fist, big left, big right, big left, big right, barrage of strikes, takedown....That fight was not close at all. So all you Wanderlei biased fans stop cryin and accept defeat!

Oh and about Jardine, i give Jardine credit for beating Liddell and that should have been a U.D. i admit that but if Chuck came out like he did against Wandy or against Randy he would KO Jardine.

Oh by the way I thought Chuck couldn't beat a striker. Im pretty sure I heard a bunch of people say Chuck cant beat a striker, oh wait is Wand not a striker? oh yeah wand is a striker Haha. You shouldn't criticize so much!

Post #25   1/8/08 10:20:29PM   

rabbit915

In Full Mount

rabbit915 Avatar

Career:2,011-1,129
Chips:
I love how both the Chuck fans and the Chuck haters are spinning that fight both ways. As a non biased fan, i will say that it was a win for Chuck. He did not destroy Wandy but at the same time he clearly won the fight. Discussion ended.

Post #26   1/8/08 10:27:26PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by rabbit915

I love how both the Chuck fans and the Chuck haters are spinning that fight both ways. As a non biased fan, i will say that it was a win for Chuck. He did not destroy Wandy but at the same time he clearly won the fight. Discussion ended.

Yeah and why is anyone arguing different?

Post #27   1/8/08 11:50:38PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Thiago Silva dammit!!!

He's the new Wandy-Shogun with his brutal-brawling-exciting and entertaining style that goes back to his Chutebox days! He's very smart, has mad skills, and I think he's one of the best fighters in the division!!

He has tremendous heart, he'll brawl with the brawlers and if it happens to go to the ground, he'll GNP you out or submit your ass! I think him vs Chuck would be more exciting then Wandy vs Chuck!!!.....just without the several year hype. Thiago would look at the Wandy fight and do everything Wandy didn't that gave Liddell the decision.

I personally think it's bullshit Chuck is back in the title mix after getting owned in 2 of his last 3 fights and barely pulled out a close decision with the 1st two rounds I could see going either way. Maybe this is because I'm the driver of the Thiago Silva bandwagon but I think he deserves a shot being undefeated and all! Maybe Rashad?

If not Thiago, Chuck should rematch Jardine since all you Chuckheads think it was a fluke. I personally think Jardine would own him again and get the knockout. He did exactly what you have to do to beat Chuck. He was just a little hesititant since Chuck was a feared striker at the time coming off dangerous after a brutal KO. I think Jardine will use that same gameplan and be less scared and will lay him out!!!

THATS IT! First of all if you hate Chuck so much why do u have his picture as ur display pic? Just curious. oh and if you think the Wandy fight was close you need to open your EYES and watch the fight as a neutral fan and not a biased fan for Wandy. JUST ADMIT that Wandy got destroyed in that fight, in all 3 rounds!

In the 1st round Chuck landed way more shots..i dont think Wand landed 1 clean shot. In the "contraversial" 2nd round Chuck didn't get knocked down.
they were slips both times...the 2nd slip wasn't a knockdown, if you watch Chuck landed a big right and as he was moving back Wand barely skimmed Chucks face when Chuck was already on his way down, then Chuck opened up Wand with a couple elbows and landed 2 big rights and then took Wand down( enough said ). 3rd round was all Chuck, takedown, spinning back fist, big left, big right, big left, big right, barrage of strikes, takedown....That fight was not close at all. So all you Wanderlei biased fans stop cryin and accept defeat!

Oh and about Jardine, i give Jardine credit for beating Liddell and that should have been a U.D. i admit that but if Chuck came out like he did against Wandy or against Randy he would KO Jardine.

Oh by the way I thought Chuck couldn't beat a striker. Im pretty sure I heard a bunch of people say Chuck cant beat a striker, oh wait is Wand not a striker? oh yeah wand is a striker Haha. You shouldn't criticize so much!

Why Chuck is my avatar? Lost in a bet. Even if I did like Chuck I would never willingly have hearts around him, with him next to my picture saying I love chuck. I don't roll that way.

Is Wandy a striker? Yes wandy is a striker. Kudos to Chuck for the win. BUT, that was the first win over a natural striker in how long? A few years. Wandy was coming off two losses. In PRIDE he would have wrecked Chuck. It's all about Environment people.

About the fight "not" being close I agree Chuck won the 1st round but barely. I only gave it to him it because of aggression. About Chuck landing all these "clean" punches? Buddy look at the compustrike stats somewhere. Most of both of there punches were arm punches. In the 1st round Chuck landed only about 4 or 5 clean punches to Wandy's one or too. Chuck through more but most of them were arm punches. 2nd round, Wandy was more aggressive, they landed the same amount, CHUCK DID GET KNOCKED DOWN! The second time. So what? I've seen a lot fighters get knocked down and hit back on the way down. It's called throwing a punch at the same time and his landing first and you starting to go down before your punch actually meets it's target. DUH!

They landed the same amount of punches in the 2nd and Wandy got the knockdown. Even if they weren't knockdowns they still made him look bad. Round 2 too Wandy. Round 3 was all Chuck. It was 29-28 Chuck. That's a close fight especially since Round 2 could have went either way and in the 1st they landed almost the same amount of punches!!!

Get off Chucks nuts, it was a close fight. Why the hell do you think Dana is considering a rematch if Wandy starts winning and Chuck loses?

Post #28   1/8/08 11:56:17PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Apperently Chucks asking for Jardine. IMO that could be career suicide since if he loses then what? Also Jardine might be pissed but who knows.

Post #29   1/9/08 1:03:47AM   

billy393

Learning to Sprawl

billy393 Avatar

Career:974-562
Chips:
I would be thinking Rashad..

Yeah and by reading the above where does drunky Jardine fit into these equations??? He easily beats the ex-title holder so he would have to be close to a contender?

Last edited 1/9/08 4:45AM server time by billy393
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #30   1/9/08 4:44:23AM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4