Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

GSP ranked #1 WW in the world by MMAweekly and Sherdog

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:

Posted by Tailgunner

Posted by Porch28

Truth hurts and until GSP beats Serra, Serra is better!!!!! Too many people want him to be great maybe he won't be he didn't even defend his title where as Hughes did 9 times. Those are the facts!!!!!

Well according to your logic GSP is better than Serra cause GSP beat BJ Penn and Karo and they both beat Serra.
Oh and Shonie Carter must be better than GSP cause he beat Serra, and Wandy is better than Chuck cause he beat Rampage and on and on..........

Seriously I can't effing wait until April when Serra gets mauled and all the serranuthuggers fade away into obscurity just as fast as Serra does.:shoots

That isn't my logic I was saying exactly what your trying to pin on me and that is if rankings meant a damn thing then Serra should not have beat GSP and GSP should never have beat Hughes but they did and that brings me back to my point that RANKINGS DON'T MEAN SQUAT!!!!!!!!! Thats my logic. Don't be mad a me because your boy lost be mad and him. I respect both fighters tremendously and I'm tired of listening to people who don't know anything about MMA(I'm not saying your one of them).Maybe Serra is that good. By the way I'm a Fitch hugger

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #46   1/6/08 9:18:11AM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,503-1,200
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
I always had GSP at the top. Serra may have fluked out and got the belt but that doesn't make him the best. To be the best you must beat the best and do it more often then the guy who did it once.

And if Serra wins this time I will make Serra #1 but until he can prove it wasn't a fluke than I wont.

Post #47   1/6/08 12:54:57PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by Tailgunner

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Wow, he gets completely killed by Matt Serra and then all of the sudden a win over a past his prime, lost his step, Matt Hughes and that launches him into P4P status?
QUOTE]

So, what should happen with Rampage until he avenges the losses to Silva and Shogun? A. Silva doesn't have a squeaky clean record either...so what are you suggesting?

Exactly anyone with a logical thought process would realise that one win or one loss does not add up to the total sum of wins or losses in a fighters career.

Take another look at the theory some of you are proposing, say the New England patriots would have lost to the Miami dolphins would you say the Dolphins should be ranked above the Pats because of one win??

No you wouldn't because each teams record defines where they get ranked, just like in MMA!!!!

Its not that difficult if you really try and use logic to understand how a "ranking" system works.

Serra doesn't belong in the top five IMHO and in the opinions of most MMA fighters.

Next year at this time you won't even read about Matt Serra on ANY mma forum.

There losses were years ago. Im talking recently since recently GSP got named the pound for pound best and he's one of the pound for pound best with the more recent loss and hasn't avenged it yet and I think they should have least made him avenge it first.

We all know he's going to win but I don't think a win over a past his prime Hughes is all that great. A win over Kos who isn't top 5 isn't all that great.

Post #48   1/6/08 2:00:52PM   

Tailgunner

MMA Regular

Tailgunner Avatar

Career:143-80
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

We all know he's going to win but I don't think a win over a past his prime Hughes is all that great. A win over Kos who isn't top 5 isn't all that great.

Why do people keep saying Hughes is past his prime??? He is only 34 years old and Serra is 33. Chuck is 38, Randy is well into his 40's are they past their prime too??

No I don't think Hughes or Chuck or Randy are past their prime, its just GSP is so much better than the entire WW division that he MAKES Hughes seem washed-up.

Hughes and Serra are basically the same age and when you compare Hughes stellar career to Serras so-so career it is painfully obvious that Hughes is/was/going to continue to be a better fighter than Serra by far.

Considering Hughes and Serra are the same age how can ANYONE claim Serra is better than Hughes??? They can't because Hughes has accomplished more in his career than Serra could ever dream of and thats a fact.

GSP is gonna finish Serra, then Hughes is gonna finish Serra and then we will never hear from Serra again.

Post #49   1/6/08 2:14:35PM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Career:397-201
Chips:

Posted by Tailgunner

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Why do people keep saying Hughes is past his prime??? He is only 34 years old and Serra is 33. Chuck is 38, Randy is well into his 40's are they past their prime too??

Hughes may be young, but he has had alot of fights in his years and his body must be pretty warn down from it. Lots of people say Wanderlei Silva is past his prime(up for debate though still) and he is still quite young. BUt Wanderlei's body has taken some punishment in its time and it may not function the way it used.

Couture is just an animal and thats why he's still kicking, I Honestly do beleive that Chuck has passed his prime now. With all of the shots that he delivered Wanderlei in their fight and couldnt put him to sleep, one year ago those punches would have knocked Wanderlei out. But i think chuck is getting old and losing KO power.

Post #50   1/6/08 2:36:53PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
rankings are all about perspective, that is why everyone disagrees and why they are not reliable. people like me and tuvok believe that the champ at the time has to be number one because he is the current top dog of the best competition and until he is dethroned he is number 1. others base their rankings on their perspective of fighter's skill and they rank GSP ahead of serra abd shogun ahead of forrest etc...everyone will disagree so lets all agree to disagree because this can be argued either way but no one will truly change their opinion

Post #51   1/6/08 3:11:02PM   

whodat

The Dawrkness

whodat Avatar

Career:2,202-1,239
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
IMO your not a champion until you defend your title and win.

Post #52   1/6/08 4:13:25PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:

Posted by Tailgunner

GSP has knocked Serra off the number 1 position FINALLY, I wonder where Serra will rank after he loses to GSP and then Hughes?

untile karo and fitch win big fights

Post #53   1/7/08 12:26:23AM   

therionace

Banned

Career:4-7
Chips:
Until gsp redeems himself against serra, then serra is the legitimate number one ww. i'm a big gsp fan, but what if serra has his number? I doubt it though. i think gsp will keep it standing and return the ko. then gsp should fight fitch and serra should fight hughes.

Post #54   1/7/08 5:35:47PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4