Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who will Lyoto Machida fight next?

Print  
Posted By Message

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,706-1,712
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Link #1

Link # 2

Two links here, one is Lyoto Machida calling out Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell, and the second is about the UFC offering Lyoto Machida a fight with Tito Ortiz!

Last edited 1/8/08 12:38PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   1/5/08 4:48:30PM   

Princeofpunk

Banned

Career:401-243
Chips:
Ryu would be better off fighting Liddell

Post #2   1/5/08 5:11:49PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,526-889
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Fight with Tito would probably be a snooze festt.taking on Liddell would be very interesting I think.Machida could be a bad match up for Liddell,and he might pull out a win.I think it would be on a decision,but regardless,he could beat Liddell.

Liddell could catch Machida equaly as well though.I could see one of those counter punches landing squarley on Lyoto's chin.

Post #3   1/5/08 5:16:17PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-469
Chips:
If he beats Liddell he will probably get the next title shot!!! This would make him 5-0 in the UFC beating two top contenders and still being undefeated. However if he losses than it's his first loss and a major step down considering he hasn't had the most exciting fights. Regardless I think Lyoto and Chuck would be a great fight. Chuck by decision.

Post #4   1/5/08 5:19:43PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Machida would beat them both IMO. Like it's been said over and over. He is the Winky Wright of MMA. He's a skillful counterfighter that just makes you look very, very bad. But just like Winky his downfall might be the action in his fights and give some rounds to his opponents and might get screw'd, especially against these poster boys, in decision.

Machida is a counterpuncher just like Chuck. But he's better in every other asp;ect of MMA besides sprawling. No way Chuck should be shooting. I think either way though, Machida makes him look bad on the feet for a split decision like they gave Jardine that should have been Unanimous, but split decision. Or if it goes to the ground. Machida should submit Chuck late after frustrating him early.

As for Tito. Machida is better at everything besides wrestling. If he can counter strike like Liddell did he could pick him apart the same way but don't have as great of a sprawl but he won't be a helpless GNP victim. Vitor freakin' trains with him and he did excellent and should have beat Tito and I see this fight going the exact same way but Tito's not like how he was a few years back so I just see Machida taking this decision, but split. Tito is still a major posterboy.

I just want to see Machida get tested. Rich and BJ belong in different weight classes. Bonnar was young and immature. Soko had yet to be battle tested. He just needs the ultimate test and these would be great test because if he beats them. I think he could definitely claim a close spot in the contender race against Rampage. I just want to see him Fight Shogun or Keith for some reason. Just IMO.

Post #5   1/5/08 5:26:10PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,937-1,115
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Hope he he doesn't fight Tito.

Post #6   1/5/08 5:27:27PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I think the Tito fight is less risky but would yeild him the next title shot anyways. I see Chuck meeting Shogun in their next fights. Dana's making fights that he said he would when they got pride and I think he'll continue. It's very easy to promote any fight with Tito because people love him or hate him, and Chuck vs Shogun would be good because Shogun is still a big name and a great fighter. Also if Chuck won he would be right back there for a title shot, and if Shogun wins you can set up a ton of great fights. Also Dana offering Herring a fight with Kongo shows the UFC isn't scared of putting someone coming off a win against someone coming off a loss.

Post #7   1/5/08 5:57:38PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
Id personally like to see him fight tito. I dont think it would be a snooze fest, i think lyoto will just keep his distance and pick ortiz apart. For some reason though, ive just got a feeling tito is going to turn this fight down. As far as a fight with chuck goes, thats somthing id be very interested to see. Obviously, all the chuck haters are going to come out and say lyoto is just a better mma fighter, like they did before the wandy fight, but i personally would give chuck a pretty good chance. Yeh machida is elusive, but so is the ice man. I think it might come down to chuck being a little more powerfull with his shots, and i think hel put machida away in the second. Lyoto might be better on the ground, but from the little information in that artice it seems like hed want to stand with chuck. Who knows though, ive been wrong before, but its a fight id love to see and id go with chuck, 2nd round tko.

Post #8   1/5/08 6:00:34PM   

HurricaneHeron

Learning to Sprawl

HurricaneHeron Avatar

Career:1,192-747
Chips:
Machida has not fought any top five fighters in the 205 division. I would take Chuck or Tito. Think he is friends with Silva so I dont think he will be fighting him.

Post #9   1/5/08 6:35:42PM   

MondayNiteMauser

Standup Guy

MondayNiteMauser Avatar

Career:888-565
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:
Chuck is the man...he proved he's focused and dedicated and i feel he's about to go on another tear through the division....starting with machida's ass

Post #10   1/5/08 7:53:09PM   

vick_vega

Banned

Career:23-21
Chips:
Im taking Machida all day going against both those guys. Will it be easy, no. But that was a great analogy with Winky Wright. That's exactly what he is. This guy is talented, ever improving, elusive, underated as a striker, and brilliant.

Post #11   1/5/08 8:18:51PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,418-775
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
MMAJunkie is saying Tito.

Post #12   1/5/08 10:18:06PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,706-1,712
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Yeah, I was going to throw that one in there at first but couldn't get the link to work for some reason....yours is working for me though.

Post #13   1/6/08 12:41:41AM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
Lyoto would beat Tito, and he would beat the Chuck that fought Rampage and Jardine, but he wouldn't beat the Chuck that fought Wandy....IMO ofcourse...

Post #14   1/6/08 1:17:06AM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:

Posted by HurricaneHeron

Machida has not fought any top five fighters in the 205 division. I would take Chuck or Tito. Think he is friends with Silva so I dont think he will be fighting him.

A lot of sites had Soko in the top 5. So he kind of has....

Post #15   1/6/08 1:18:31AM