Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

HDNet February 15 Card Off For Now

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
HDNet Fights has announced that their February 15 event has been cancelled. The event is expected to be rescheduled for later in the year.

Article

Last edited 1/8/08 12:40PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   1/4/08 2:06:53PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,015
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Mark Cuban is already broke !! lol

Last edited 1/4/08 2:41PM server time by tuvok500

Post #2   1/4/08 2:14:12PM   

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I read a post from Cuban elsewhere and he said this fight was delayed becuase they are working on getting the details ironed out for a Major headliner for the event. I'm guessing maybe Fedor.

Quote from Mark Cuban:

I have a source that says the guy is full of shit.

we are accelerating our efforts with HDNet Fights. Not pulling back.

The only thing we havent set yet is our next fight. We had hoped to do feb15 or in March, but there is a fight we want to facilitate, but we have to get contractual clarification first. We thought this fight would be an amazing headliner, so its worth waiting for.

In the meantime we are working with our partners to get more and more live fights on HDNet and to expand our MMA programming.

When we come back with our next HDNet Fights card, like our last one it will be bigger and better than the one before it.

In the future, rather than wondering about "sources", all anyone has to do is ask me

mark@hd.net

Link

PS it is indeed Mark Cuban on Sherdog, just read his past post history.

Last edited 1/4/08 4:21PM server time by Bemin

Post #3   1/4/08 4:14:15PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by Bemin

I read a post from Cuban elsewhere and he said this fight was delayed becuase they are working on getting the details ironed out for a Major headliner for the event. I'm guessing maybe Fedor.

Quote from Mark Cuban:

I have a source that says the guy is full of shit.

we are accelerating our efforts with HDNet Fights. Not pulling back.

The only thing we havent set yet is our next fight. We had hoped to do feb15 or in March, but there is a fight we want to facilitate, but we have to get contractual clarification first. We thought this fight would be an amazing headliner, so its worth waiting for.

In the meantime we are working with our partners to get more and more live fights on HDNet and to expand our MMA programming.

When we come back with our next HDNet Fights card, like our last one it will be bigger and better than the one before it.

In the future, rather than wondering about "sources", all anyone has to do is ask me

mark@hd.net

Link

PS it is indeed Mark Cuban on Sherdog, just read his past post history.

That thread is the perfect reason why Sherdog is a joke.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #4   1/4/08 8:00:10PM   

markzabin

Learning to Sprawl

markzabin Avatar

Career:348-215
Camp: MidwestSwing
Chips:
M1 is becoming a parasite off other organizations

Post #5   1/4/08 8:51:54PM   

Bemin

Bemin Avatar

Chips:
Well they kinda have to be a parasite, they only have one fighter...

Post #6   1/4/08 10:10:05PM   

candynuts

Belt Contender

candynuts Avatar

Career:253-158
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Mark Cuban is already broke !! lol

One of the best oxymoron's ive ever heard in my life!

Post #7   1/4/08 10:51:47PM   

Bemin

Bemin Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

That thread is the perfect reason why Sherdog is a joke.

Ya it seems that the average age and perhaps IQ of the typical Sherdog user is about 15, but its still one of the few places where someone can start a rumor and someone like Mark Cuban will come on and shoot the rumor down. I still find its a great place for information, you just have to be prepared to wade through shoulder deep crap to find it.

Post #8   1/5/08 12:28:21AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
if only cuban could pull off fedor vs barnett...

and you can call m1 a parasite if you want but they are using the right approach if they want to compete with the ufc. the ufc just has too big a roster for any individual organization to be in their league, but if all of the top smaller organizations organize joint cards then they can be as good as the ufc events imo.

Post #9   1/5/08 4:50:42AM