Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

NATE MOHR SUFFERS TORN LIGAMENT

Print  
Posted By Message

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:
Nate Mohr sustained a knee injury last weekend during his fight against Manny Gamburyan at Ultimate Fighting Championship 79 in Las Vegas.

At first glance, it appeared that Mohr succumbed to Gamburyan’s ankle lock attempt. However, it was later revealed that a torn posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) in his knee ended his evening prematurely.

“I spent ample time working with Nate even days before the fight on different defenses for different leg attacks. Fact is, Nate did everything right. He just got a bum deal,” commented Jeff Curran, Mohr’s teammate and Jiu-Jitsu coach.

"The worst thing about this fight, other than the knee injury itself, is that fans and other fighters are thinking that Nate has problems with defending leg locks and ankle locks,” continued Curran. “But the truth is Manny was 100% attacking his ankle when Nate’s knee popped. You can even ask Manny. It was a complete accident and I can't stress that enough.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5394&zoneid=3

Last edited 1/8/08 12:39PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   1/4/08 10:48:52AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think Nate needs to learn more about the ground game before returning to the UFC....possibly even a couple of minor league fights before returning to make sure that he isn't so susceptible to the submissions.

Post #2   1/4/08 4:53:40PM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
did you read the article? that may or may not be true but it's the opposite of what jeff curran said. if anyone can get mohr ready for the ground game it is jeff. too bad you hate to see nasty injuries like that and lets hope he is back on his feet before too long...

Post #3   1/5/08 4:53:22AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Oh yeah, Big Frog can get his ground up to par...but I think it needs some time. A full year should do the trick! Take that and add on the healing time and I don't think we'd see Nate Mohr for quite some time in the UFC.

Post #4   1/5/08 4:25:34PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Oh yeah, Big Frog can get his ground up to par...but I think it needs some time. A full year should do the trick! Take that and add on the healing time and I don't think we'd see Nate Mohr for quite some time in the UFC.

i disagree with you. i was watching that fight very closely and nate utilized his JJ very well in that fight. just as jeff said nate was defencing it well because i saw him shifting his weight correctly, bending his knee and keeping his toes out straight. he was defending it well and i thought that maybe manny would give up on it when all of the sudden his knne popped. that just shows you the strength of manny though not the incompetance of nate. i thought nate displayed good ground skills, not great by anymeans but he was holding his own. i think he should get another fight in the ufc and then we'll see how he does.

Post #5   1/5/08 4:52:59PM