Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tim Sylvia Has Choice Words For Fedor

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
In comments posted this past Sunday, former UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia had some rather choice words for Fedor Emelianenko. Sylvia said he respects Fedor's skills, just not his opponents.

Article

Last edited 1/8/08 12:42PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   1/2/08 6:26:31PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Scroll down to read the quotes, I didn't use the original source link (MMANews) because of a possible bad word in the URL.

Post #2   1/2/08 6:27:38PM   

EpicTerran

MMA Regular

EpicTerran Avatar

Career:658-391
Camp: Wolfpack Crew
Chips:
fedor is not being a pussy , he just strongly dislikes the contracts the ufc offers , you see the ufc contracts work out a lot better for the ufc , pretty much you HAVE to fight the fights they set in your contract but at the very same time if u start sucking they can decide you DONT have to fight them and just give u the boot , not to mention they dont allow anyone to fight in any other organizations and they wouldnt even allow him to fight in sambo competitions , theres just so much bullshit included in their contracts why would fedor sign ? he can make awesome money ANYWHERE and hes already proved himself , maybe he doesnt really care about staying on top anymore , a fighter like tim sylvia wouldnt make nearly ****** 1/20th of what fedor makes anywhere else in MMA , so of course he sticks with the UFC , which is fine , but in Fedors case he doesnt deserved to be called a pussy by any means , as if hes scared of tim sylvia and all the other garbage heavyweights in the UFC ( with the exception of the ex-pride fighters who he already put away anyways) theres about 1 maybe 2 fighters worthy of fedor and thats randy and barnett , barnett could actually be a good possibility and randy is still waiting for his bullshit UFC contract to end WHICH dana white could make happen but hes being a douche and making randy wait out the entire set time

Post #3   1/2/08 7:18:19PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,118-606
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Funny, if I remember, Silvia was given a choice to fight Fedor years ago, and he declined.

Post #4   1/2/08 7:33:01PM   

skateongrass91

Learning to Sprawl

skateongrass91 Avatar

Career:117-69
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
yea fedor definitely is. he isnt fighting anyone good. i mean his last challenger only fought once before him. he is not fighting anyone in the top 10 heavyweights in the world and most of the men he is fighting arent even top 20. i dont think he deserves to be ranked at the top of the heavyweight list.

Post #5   1/2/08 7:39:46PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,494-876
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
He should of said it to his face when he had the chance.You never hear Fedor talk smack.

Post #6   1/2/08 8:18:23PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
The biggest paper champ of all time tells fedor he doesn't respect his opponents? LOL !!!! Look at each fighter's resume over the last 5 years. Couture comes out of retirement and smashes Sylvia? Other than Arlovski I'm not that impressed with old Tim's resume.

Post #7   1/2/08 9:04:32PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
i for one dont think fedor is a pussy, tim doesnt know the contract the UFC had for him, Fedor is more than a fighter, he is representing his country, and the UFC wouldnt let him do that.....there a lot more going on than what tim knows. Fedor wants to fight couture, and in his contract with M-1, its says that if at any time the UFC wants to do a Co-promotion so that fedor can fight the UFC's heavyweigght champ, they will do it and there will be an extra 2 mil for the UFC champ........so its not him being a pussy, but him not being able to come to terms with the UFC for different reasons

Post #8   1/2/08 9:40:04PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by EpicTerran

fedor is not being a pussy , he just strongly dislikes the contracts the ufc offers , you see the ufc contracts work out a lot better for the ufc , pretty much you HAVE to fight the fights they set in your contract but at the very same time if u start sucking they can decide you DONT have to fight them and just give u the boot , not to mention they dont allow anyone to fight in any other organizations and they wouldnt even allow him to fight in sambo competitions , theres just so much bullshit included in their contracts why would fedor sign ? he can make awesome money ANYWHERE and hes already proved himself , maybe he doesnt really care about staying on top anymore , a fighter like tim sylvia wouldnt make nearly ****** 1/20th of what fedor makes anywhere else in MMA , so of course he sticks with the UFC , which is fine , but in Fedors case he doesnt deserved to be called a pussy by any means , as if hes scared of tim sylvia and all the other garbage heavyweights in the UFC ( with the exception of the ex-pride fighters who he already put away anyways) theres about 1 maybe 2 fighters worthy of fedor and thats randy and barnett , barnett could actually be a good possibility and randy is still waiting for his bullshit UFC contract to end WHICH dana white could make happen but hes being a douche and making randy wait out the entire set time

I take it you aren't a big fan of the UFC.

Post #9   1/2/08 9:45:14PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

He should of said it to his face when he had the chance.You never hear Fedor talk smack.

that post should be at the top of this topic

Post #10   1/2/08 10:25:33PM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
This is comming from the guy that cried when jens pulver insulted him

Post #11   1/2/08 11:33:06PM   

DutchRebelP

BANNED

DutchRebelP Avatar

Career:951-835
Chips:
who is he to talk about Fedor, go cry you aint a real champ you fat f.....

Post #12   1/3/08 8:12:47AM   

Greene33

MMA Regular

Greene33 Avatar

Career:590-391
Chips:
I agree that Tim is an asshole about this, but Fedor hasn't fought a top 5 HW since Cro Cop in 05, 2 and a half years ago....

Tim Sylvia is fight Big Nog...( 30 MMA fights)

Fedor just fought Hong Man Choi ( 1 previous mma fight)

fact is that as much as we hate Tim he has fought tougher guys these past two years..

Post #13   1/3/08 9:21:23PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by Greene33

I agree that Tim is an asshole about this, but Fedor hasn't fought a top 5 HW since Cro Cop in 05, 2 and a half years ago....

fact is that as much as we hate Tim he has fought tougher guys these past two years..

lindland, mark hunt, coleman r pretty good

Post #14   1/3/08 10:00:34PM   

DuncanFan819

MMA Regular

Career:1,201-703
Chips:

Posted by Greene33

What?! Fedor has beaten Cro Cop, Coleman, Hunt, and Lindland since 2005.

Sylvia has fought solid opponents as well, but it's not like Fedor has been fighting scrubs.

And Fedor actually beat all of his opponents and always goes for the win. Tim is just content to sit back and let a decision fall in his lap. If you ask me, Tim has been a much better p*$$# lately.

Post #15   1/4/08 5:04:57AM