Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

M-1 Global Pleased With Yarennoka Event

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
According to the CEO of M-1 Global, things "went very well" with their supporting the Yarennoka event, and they were pleased to support the event. This is part of M-1's strategy, and they hope to return to Japan someday, as does their top fighter, Fedor Emelianenko.

Article

Last edited 1/8/08 12:45PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   1/2/08 6:55:06AM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,483-1,177
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
I still can't believe that M-1 talks like they do. They have one fighter! And they act like they are the next big thing in MMA

Post #2   1/2/08 11:20:14AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,015-1,027
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
They were not supporting the event , they were there because they were simply unable to build up a card of there own with there HUGE list of fighters .

Post #3   1/2/08 11:41:57AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Darnok

I still can't believe that M-1 talks like they do. They have one fighter! And they act like they are the next big thing in MMA

They didn't really say much though...I think if they keep working with the fromer Pride guys they can suceed with better accounting.

Post #4   1/2/08 12:24:44PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Darnok

They didn't really say much though...I think if they keep working with the fromer Pride guys they can suceed with better accounting.

but i still want to freakin know where they get off not letting choi knee fedor in the face... i mean sure fedor mauled choi like a little rabid russian pit bull and it was awesome... but whats the deal with special rules for just fedor?

Post #5   1/2/08 1:09:55PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Darnok

but i still want to freakin know where they get off not letting choi knee fedor in the face... i mean sure fedor mauled choi like a little rabid russian pit bull and it was awesome... but whats the deal with special rules for just fedor?

I think it was due to the enormus size difference.

Post #6   1/2/08 1:12:12PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Darnok

It was to make sure that Fedor was going to win easely.
so basically, Fedor was able to go at 100% for the clinch without having to worry about being hit by a knee.
so it was as arranged as you can arranged the rule to be sure that your millionaire don't lose but without cheating.

and Choi was paid very well to not argue with it at all.

it was like if Randy Couture was fighting in a boxing card against the boxing champ who say that he can beat any MMA champ but to make sure that Couture don't win, the rules would allowed no knee, no takedown, no elbow, no clinch, so basically a boxing fight only where Couture have no chance.

Don't forget that even if Choi was allowed to do many things, he basically know nothing else than punching and kneeing. so by removing a good weapon against a takedown attempt there make it sure that the fight was going to the ground and even if the average joe was seeing Choi dominating on top , it was really fedor who was confortable and he was having 100 subs possible to do against Choi who simply have 0 knowledge of what was going on even by being on top.

Last edited 1/2/08 1:46PM server time by tuvok500

Post #7   1/2/08 1:34:42PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
Can someone explain to me what type of mma event m1 is ?? Is it the new pridefc funded by millionnaires or is it a russian production in japan ??
Is m1 working with k1 too ??
Also are the fighters signed on contracts to m1 or by the fights ??
Thanks

Post #8   1/2/08 4:19:42PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

Can someone explain to me what type of mma event m1 is ?? Is it the new pridefc funded by millionnaires or is it a russian production in japan ??
Is m1 working with k1 too ??
Also are the fighters signed on contracts to m1 or by the fights ??
Thanks

It is a combinaison of everything you said but multiply by 13.567 and divided by the speed of light ( 300000 km/s ) .

after that you take the result and you make a graphic with it and you will see that the level of polution is rising exponentially eveytime a billionaire decided to play with poeples instead of playing golf !!

easy to understand don't you think ??

Last edited 1/2/08 5:13PM server time by tuvok500

Post #9   1/2/08 4:46:19PM