Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

BJ PENN

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,358-751
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

Joe Daddy's best option is to pray a lot.

Yeah I have to agree with you on this one.

Last edited 1/3/08 3:04AM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   1/3/08 1:35:06AM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
what are joe's bjj credentials? he's only subbed people via guillotine or RNC

Post #17   1/3/08 2:09:06AM   

TrueNature

Banned

Career:13-4
Chips:
at least BJ can pass a drug test

do you guys think sherk will come into the BJ fight juiced?

Post #18   1/5/08 7:17:46AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by TrueNature

Skerk will come back and LnP BJ to a win and tak control of the LW division once again....

Post #19   1/5/08 1:16:43PM   

sillysnail

MMA Regular

Career:19-9
Chips:
LnP works on people that have shitty ground game. I'd love to see what Sherk can (or can't) do without the juice, especially on someone that can work it on the ground like BJ.

Post #20   1/5/08 2:26:13PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:

Posted by loonytnt

i wanna know how you think he can lose this fight

-i think his gas tank and thats it

i agree he would have beaten both hughes and gsp if he had better cardio. anyone who saw the penn vs gsp saw him put the beat down on gsp in the 1st round and then gsp won rounds 2 and 3 by slight margins against a tired bj. both the 2nd and 3rd rounds were very uneventful. bj has a problem with conditioning and if he doesnt solve it he could lose to joe daddy. at this level the guys can take the punishment and get in the late rounds and give it back. that keeps happening to bj. maybe we should call him gased prodogy

Post #21   1/5/08 2:52:54PM   

TrueNature

Banned

Career:13-4
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by TrueNature

Skerk will come back and LnP BJ to a win and tak control of the LW division once again....

what a crappy future you predict

i guess sherk wants me to "go on a beer run while he fights if i dont like watching him fight" haha what a character, theres no way a guy that arrogant sayin BJ is a pothead when hes never failed a drug test is going to walk thru BJ, you must not like penn, why because he has what it takes to neutralize the lay and pray? watch the GSP/sherk fight and that will be similar to the sherk/penn fight when it happens, trust me

Post #22   1/5/08 2:57:36PM   

sillysnail

MMA Regular

Career:19-9
Chips:
out of all of bjs fights, how many times has he gassed (hughes doesn't count). so he let it slip against gsp, BIG DEAL. even gassed he almost won that fight. apart from that, i can't think of when he gassed himself to a loss.

Post #23   1/5/08 3:00:34PM   

78Circus

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Even though BJ is by far the better technician on the mat, I honestly think his best option is to keep it standing...at least until something bad happens and he feels the need to go to the ground.

The reason I say that is Joe is a hard guy to tap and he's more explosive, stronger and likely the better overall athlete. I could see BJ Penn getting worn down after a few rounds on the mat, threatening with a bunch of subs and out-positioning Joe but not finishing and end up losing a decision.

BJ's stand up should be too much for Joe Daddy and I don't think he'd be exerting himself as much that way. Joe hasn't proven to have heavy enough hands to threaten for a KO.

Post #24   1/13/08 5:46:21AM   

Underhook

Banned

Career:20-11
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

how do you figure sherk is so much better when BJ dominated hughes who is better than sherk? what is your obviously bias opinion? you must not like BJ whatever dude, if your going to root for a boring roider go for it

Last edited 1/13/08 6:34AM server time by Underhook

Post #25   1/13/08 6:34:30AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Underhook

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

how do you figure sherk is so much better when BJ dominated hughes who is better than sherk? what is your obviously bias opinion? you must not like BJ whatever dude, if your going to root for a boring roider go for it

i don't want to get involved in the argument but...i hate when people say that BJ dominated hughes when hughes just TKOed him in their last fight. you can't keep living in the past, and stop using BJ's win over hughes 4 years ago to say how good he is. now don't get me wrong he is a talented fighter, but stop using fights 4years ago to justify your opinion. I personally think sherk can LnP against anyone in the LW division even BJ. i hate anyone who uses steroids but imo i say sherk would beat BJ. look at how he LnP against franca who has phenomenal BJJ. i think sherk is careful enough not to get caught in anything and that his controlling, boring style of fighting would wear out anyone in the division until i see otherwise. again, i could be wrong but sherk's LnP style seems invincible at this point no matter how much we hate it...hopefully referees will catch on and try to do something, but until then i don't know what can stop it. also, remember that sherk's suspension as only 6 months and that his level was ratehr low for steroids so he might not have been juicing so much as taking illegal supplements. or even legal supplements that gave him abnormal levels.

Post #26   1/13/08 2:48:24PM   

Underhook

Banned

Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i don't want to get involved in the argument but...i hate when people say that BJ dominated hughes when hughes just TKOed him in their last fight. you can't keep living in the past, and stop using BJ's win over hughes 4 years ago to say how good he is. now don't get me wrong he is a talented fighter, but stop using fights 4years ago to justify your opinion. I personally think sherk can LnP against anyone in the LW division even BJ. i hate anyone who uses steroids but imo i say sherk would beat BJ. look at how he LnP against franca who has phenomenal BJJ. i think sherk is careful enough not to get caught in anything and that his controlling, boring style of fighting would wear out anyone in the division until i see otherwise. again, i could be wrong but sherk's LnP style seems invincible at this point no matter how much we hate it...hopefully referees will catch on and try to do something, but until then i don't know what can stop it. also, remember that sherk's suspension as only 6 months and that his level was ratehr low for steroids so he might not have been juicing so much as taking illegal supplements. or even legal supplements that gave him abnormal levels.

lot of talking for no reason there guy, hughes is better than sherk period, and BJ dominated both fights until he got injured thats called domination bud, watch the gsp/sherk fight and that will be the result when they finally fight, lots of sprawling and TD which BJ is better than GSP at, why do you think franca couldnt KO sherk, sherk on roids and bad TD, by the way BJ is not franca just to make that clear.. franca also had to use roids just to have a chance, that shows how off your comparison is of franca and BJ

Last edited 1/13/08 7:10PM server time by Underhook
2 total post edits

Post #27   1/13/08 7:04:24PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by sillysnail

LnP works on people that have shitty ground game. I'd love to see what Sherk can (or can't) do without the juice, especially on someone that can work it on the ground like BJ.

I love how people act as though Sherk has been on roids his entire career and never been busted before. He was obviously tested at some point in his career before the Franca fight its not like he's forever been using steroids. He's going to give Penn a beating.

Post #28   1/13/08 7:29:21PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Underhook
lot of talking for no reason there guy, hughes is better than sherk period, and BJ dominated both fights until he got injured thats called domination bud, watch the gsp/sherk fight and that will be the result when they finally fight, lots of sprawling and TD which BJ is better than GSP at, why do you think franca couldnt KO sherk, sherk on roids and bad TD, by the way BJ is not franca just to make that clear.. franca also had to use roids just to have a chance, that shows how off your comparison is of franca and BJ

you are clearly blinded by ignorance when you use the fact that franca was on steroids as an advantage for penn. if anything that proved that a guy on steroids couldn't even beat sherk, who did not juice, the CSAC did not say it was an injection and it was a low positive probably caused by a tainted supplement. also, penn is not better than gsp at any aspect of mma except JJ. GSP actually avoided hughes takedown in their last two fights, and BJ was not dominating hughes before his "injury", he was merely holding off the takedown and edging out hughes stand-up wise. yes he was winning, but dominating is not something i can agree with. BJ is a great fighter, but sherk's LnP was been proven to be effective in the LW division so far and sherk has not had a problem against BJJ guys in the past, in fact he is undefeated against them and has impeccable submission defense. now, i hate sherk and i really hope BJ can beat him but i just don't think he can. BJ hasn't been showing good cardio and that will be an extreme disadvantage against a fighter who drags out his 5 round fights. lets see how BJ does against joe daddy before we start crowning him already.

Last edited 1/13/08 8:07PM server time by jiujitsufreak74

Post #29   1/13/08 8:07:03PM   

Underhook

Banned

Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

you are clearly blinded by ignorance when you use the fact that franca was on steroids as an advantage for penn. if anything that proved that a guy on steroids couldn't even beat sherk, who did not juice

you must be just blind then because i said that franca couldnt beat sherk without cheating, dosnt matter if he didnt shoot it, he got caught cheating, same f$#@g thing bro

that being said i think joe stevenson would maul sherk as well, this matchup to me is way better than sherk/penn

as for gsp being better than everything than bj, haha you forgot about BJ's chin, who KO'd GSP oh thats right matt serra, i do like gsp by the way and hope he stays on top but to me, penn=gsp>hughes>sherk

Post #30   1/13/08 8:13:46PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4