Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Mir vs Hardonk - UFN

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

teamquestnorth

Standup Guy

teamquestnorth Avatar

Career:806-570
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
mir got brutally grounded and pounded by pe da pano thats pretty damn sad

Post #16   2/13/07 8:05:57PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,212-764
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I honestly could see a Frank Mir comeback trail.....but lets just wait and see....UFC 74 Mir vs Cro Cop

Post #17   2/13/07 11:08:13PM   

Sagat_GSP12

MMA Regular

Sagat_GSP12 Avatar

Career:36-25
Chips:
Jesus do you want Mir to die???

Post #18   2/14/07 12:37:06AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:

Posted by Greene33

Every Frank Mir fight i have watched since his accident... i die a little inside.

I mean has any fighter experianced such a drop off in preformance like this? I know he was injured and all but damn he used to be one of the scariest fighters in all of MMA.

other than possiably Vitor i cant think of another fighter that has looked this bad after looking so good.

David Loiuesau, is a good example. He needs to fight someone who isn't a threat to him at all and work his way back up or something. But his confidence has evaporated into thin air.

Post #19   2/14/07 12:49:50AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I'm predicting with this fight with Hardonk, Mir will be in worse shape then before because after his loss with Brandon Vera I don't see him caring anymore. I think his leg affected him too much. I don't blame nor do I hate him. I liked him alot but I just think this may be his last fight on his contract and he'll retire. I truly hope I'm wrong!

Post #20   2/14/07 12:59:17AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Wow. A guy with phenominal leg kicks verse a guy who was out for a year after breaking his leg? Sounds like a recipe for retirement to me. Sucks to be Mir, but you reap what you sow.

Honestly, I hate when fighters break guys limbs unneccessarily because they're taking another mans livelyhood from him for a selfish reason, whether its to feed their own ego or make a reputation. I wouldn't be surprised if the car that hit him had "karma" for a licence plate.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #21   2/14/07 1:49:59AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by ffforgottenx

source

frank mir vs antoni hardonk at ultimate fight night 9..

is anybody else not wanting to see this fight? im glad they are bringing hardonk back, as he is a good heavyweight striker, but against mir??

after hearing how frank said he was 'back to his old ways' and 'snapping things' like he used to, only to be manhandled by brandon vera, i am not in the least bit excited to see him back again.. he looked absolutely terrible against vera, even worse against christison.. it sounds more to me like a stepping stone to build up hardonk by having him face a 'legit veteran' with a name.. if he beats mir, he beat frank mir.. if mir beats him, its no big deal, because its frank mir.. hopefully its a prelim.. mir may have been the champion once, but i dont think he will ever be even close to a top contender in the UFC again..

i think Mir really showed alot of improvment when he fought Vera,but come on Vera is a beast! i still think Hardonk has it won,but yeah..if Mir finds a way to take it to the mat he can possibly submit him or win LnP style

i would like for Hardonk to win since i would love a fight with him and CroCop in the future

Improve ment against Vera? Mir didnt get a chance. He got taken down and owned. I like Mir but he has got to get his act together. Lets hope he knocks out Wes Sims again.

Post #22   2/14/07 11:02:10AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say mir wins this won

i like this guy too much

Post #23   2/14/07 12:44:57PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by ffforgottenx

source

frank mir vs antoni hardonk at ultimate fight night 9..

is anybody else not wanting to see this fight? im glad they are bringing hardonk back, as he is a good heavyweight striker, but against mir??

after hearing how frank said he was 'back to his old ways' and 'snapping things' like he used to, only to be manhandled by brandon vera, i am not in the least bit excited to see him back again.. he looked absolutely terrible against vera, even worse against christison.. it sounds more to me like a stepping stone to build up hardonk by having him face a 'legit veteran' with a name.. if he beats mir, he beat frank mir.. if mir beats him, its no big deal, because its frank mir.. hopefully its a prelim.. mir may have been the champion once, but i dont think he will ever be even close to a top contender in the UFC again..

i think Mir really showed alot of improvment when he fought Vera,but come on Vera is a beast! i still think Hardonk has it won,but yeah..if Mir finds a way to take it to the mat he can possibly submit him or win LnP style

i would like for Hardonk to win since i would love a fight with him and CroCop in the future

Improve ment against Vera? Mir didnt get a chance. He got taken down and owned. I like Mir but he has got to get his act together. Lets hope he knocks out Wes Sims again.

if you saw the fight you can tell Mir really improved in his boxing...they even say it "looks like Mir has been working on his striking"
not only that but he looked in much better shape that he did when he fought Christison...

Post #24   2/14/07 12:55:04PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Frank Mir vs. Brandon Vera

Post #25   2/14/07 1:01:00PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2