Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mir vs Hardonk - UFN

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,381-1,565
Chips:
source

frank mir vs antoni hardonk at ultimate fight night 9..

is anybody else not wanting to see this fight? im glad they are bringing hardonk back, as he is a good heavyweight striker, but against mir??

after hearing how frank said he was 'back to his old ways' and 'snapping things' like he used to, only to be manhandled by brandon vera, i am not in the least bit excited to see him back again.. he looked absolutely terrible against vera, even worse against christison.. it sounds more to me like a stepping stone to build up hardonk by having him face a 'legit veteran' with a name.. if he beats mir, he beat frank mir.. if mir beats him, its no big deal, because its frank mir.. hopefully its a prelim.. mir may have been the champion once, but i dont think he will ever be even close to a top contender in the UFC again..

Post #1   2/13/07 12:09:01PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,941-1,101
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
It's sad to me too. Mir should take more time off and rehab until he's actually made more progress. Hardonk does need to show a little more ground aptitude though. I haven't seen enough of him to make a concrete opinion. He looked impressive against a gassed Pendergrass, but what does that mean? I'm prone to agree with you as far as them throwing Mir to Hardonk, but is it possible Mir actually get s a takedown and subs him.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   2/13/07 12:15:08PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
You summed it up pretty well there... Frank's just going to be a stepping stone in a very young HW division...

Unless the UFC hopes that he will come back to form... It's a damn shame, the guy had a lot of potential a few years back.

Post #3   2/13/07 12:16:01PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,754-1,074
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
I understand why the UFC keeps giving him chances but he just hasn't shown anything since his return. I really thought his loss to Vera would be the last we'd see of him for awhile but apparently they want to see him get brutally Ko'd. He looked terrible against Pe De Pano and got TKO'd via strikes in that fight. Pe De Pano is not exactly known for his standup game. His win against Dan Christison wasn't impressive both of them gassed early and he won the fight based on a few takedowns he didn't really do anything.

As for his fight with Brandon Vera his standup looked better to start but once Vera really started throwing he got caught and it was done. Hardonk might just end Mir's UFC career.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #4   2/13/07 12:32:50PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by ffforgottenx

source

frank mir vs antoni hardonk at ultimate fight night 9..

is anybody else not wanting to see this fight? im glad they are bringing hardonk back, as he is a good heavyweight striker, but against mir??

after hearing how frank said he was 'back to his old ways' and 'snapping things' like he used to, only to be manhandled by brandon vera, i am not in the least bit excited to see him back again.. he looked absolutely terrible against vera, even worse against christison.. it sounds more to me like a stepping stone to build up hardonk by having him face a 'legit veteran' with a name.. if he beats mir, he beat frank mir.. if mir beats him, its no big deal, because its frank mir.. hopefully its a prelim.. mir may have been the champion once, but i dont think he will ever be even close to a top contender in the UFC again..

i think Mir really showed alot of improvment when he fought Vera,but come on Vera is a beast! i still think Hardonk has it won,but yeah..if Mir finds a way to take it to the mat he can possibly submit him or win LnP style

i would like for Hardonk to win since i would love a fight with him and CroCop in the future

Post #5   2/13/07 12:33:47PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

It's sad to me too. Mir should take more time off and rehab until he's actually made more progress. Hardonk does need to show a little more ground aptitude though. I haven't seen enough of him to make a concrete opinion. He looked impressive against a gassed Pendergrass, but what does that mean? I'm prone to agree with you as far as them throwing Mir to Hardonk, but is it possible Mir actually get s a takedown and subs him.

I watched Hardonk on ROTR against Wes Sims and Hardonk won via sub.

I also watch him beat Ibrahim Megamadov (Red devils submissons guy) and Hardonk beat him badly too.

Im calling it now Hardonk is going to beat Mir badly

Post #6   2/13/07 2:52:11PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:2,837-1,567
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
This might be the fight that Mir needs to get back on track.

Post #7   2/13/07 3:02:52PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Frank will lose.

FRANK! Please retire and become a commentator!

Post #8   2/13/07 3:12:07PM   

Greene33

MMA Regular

Greene33 Avatar

Career:590-391
Chips:
Every Frank Mir fight i have watched since his accident... i die a little inside.

I mean has any fighter experianced such a drop off in preformance like this? I know he was injured and all but damn he used to be one of the scariest fighters in all of MMA.

other than possiably Vitor i cant think of another fighter that has looked this bad after looking so good.

Post #9   2/13/07 4:24:12PM   

Greene33

MMA Regular

Greene33 Avatar

Career:590-391
Chips:
Dude i have been saying that for a year now, it probably wont happen.

Post #10   2/13/07 4:25:10PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by tepid55

This might be the fight that Mir needs to get back on track.

More likely it will be the fight that retires Frank Mir for good.

Post #11   2/13/07 4:28:52PM   

BrAeDeN91

MMA Regular

BrAeDeN91 Avatar

Career:42-30
Camp: ricco rodriguez and the sundance kids
Chips:
ya i dont think mir can handle hardonk. hardonk beat pendergarst pretty badly. the only chance of mir winning is the fight going to the ground. but i think this is a bad idea for mir to take this fight.

Post #12   2/13/07 5:59:45PM   

SteedTheDeed

Standup Guy

SteedTheDeed Avatar

Career:786-501
Chips:
nooo!!! i want frank to get a win and i don't think hardonk is gonna be the guy to lose to frank. give him a can.

Post #13   2/13/07 6:01:50PM   

Sagat_GSP12

MMA Regular

Sagat_GSP12 Avatar

Career:36-25
Chips:
I dunno man, I keep saying I want Mir to get a win and make a triumphant return to grace but... I just don't see it happening anymore. Maybe it's just time I let Mir drift away into memory and hope he gets a quick KO so it can finally be over. "He coulda been a contenda," but that injury set him back years. Maybe he'd be a good commentator?

Post #14   2/13/07 7:15:03PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:
Frank Mir needs to quit, everything.

Post #15   2/13/07 7:19:31PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2