Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diego's first loss will come to?

Print  
Diego Sanchez's firs loss?
Kozcheck 5 15%
GSP 20 61%
Hughes 6 18%
Penn 1 3%
Swick 1 3%
Other (please specificy) 0 0%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:

Posted by tamarslay3

Posted by argile

He will lose to Josh Koscheck on april 7th.

ha ha ha ha yeah koscheck beating a striker come on koscheck can only wrestle

I wouldn't call Diego a striker persay. He's probably going to get that rep amongst new fans (i'm not calling you a new fan so don't get mad at me.) because of his impressive KO against Riggs, but his bread and butter is wrestling and jiu jitsu. Diego's striking has MUCH improved but I don't see a lot of striking being a facto in the Koscheck fight. I also see the Kos fight going the distance. Unless Koscheck controls Diego all three rounds he will lose the decision.

If Hughes fights Diego and Hughes comes in and fights the way he fought before he sat in the la-z-boy that was the WW title and remembers what the feeling of attaining is as opposed to defending, he will stop Diego.

If, and most likely when, Diego beats Koscheck I think realistically his first loss will come at the hands of GSP. He's being groomed for a title shot and I'm sure the UFC wants him to remain undefeated so they can use the "undefeated phenom vs. reigining champ" headline. I'm actually surprised they threw Koscheck at him and I think a lot of people are underestimating him. My pick is Diego by U Dec. but I won't be surprised if I'm wrong.

Post #16   2/14/07 5:35:06AM   

Pyrenus

MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar

Career:430-263
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:
I say GSP. I think Diego is #2 behind GSP in the division. I can see him eeking out a decision against BJ.

Post #17   2/14/07 10:25:36AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by Pyrenus

I say GSP. I think Diego is #2 behind GSP in the division. I can see him eeking out a decision against BJ.

and hughes?

Post #18   2/14/07 10:37:48AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
KOS i hope. Josh is just gonna destroy Diego IMO.
But if that doesnt happen then it will be the First Top 3 WW Sanchez faces.
Whether it be Hughes, Penn, Or GSP. I think he will lose to one of them the first time he faces them. Heck Penn,GSP,and Hughes all lost to the Champ or best in the world before they got the title.

PS why is Swick on this? He is very happen at 185 and wont cut to 170.
He weighs 190 prefight and he is far to small of a guy to cut 20 lbs. Not to mention Digeo could take him down at will at 170 or 185.

Post #19   2/14/07 11:08:53AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2