Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Joe Rogan vs. Wesley Snipes???

Print  
who would win?
Joe Rogan 12 86%
Wesley Snipes 2 14%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:
rogan by armbar
haha no but seriously.. i think rogan would have all the tools to take snipes out, with his TKD background and his training/relationship with eddie bravo.. im sure snipes has had some good training with all the movies he has done, but i dont think most of it would be any good to him in the cage where shit isnt choreographed.. i wouldnt count him completely out, but id give rogan the edge in just about every aspect.. it sure would be entertaining to see though

Post #16   2/14/07 12:27:04PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
We all know Rogan trains Jit's. Doe anyone know if Snipes train's any ground? If not I'd rather see the K-1 type style. As funny as it would be to see to Snipes get subbed, I don't think he would go into a fight knowing he'll just get taken down and embarrassed. It would be interesting to see him and Rogan throw down.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #17   2/14/07 1:18:26PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
In a MMA match Rogan would kill Snipes with his BJJ. Rogan is a brown belt and IMO would just sub Snipes in 20 seconds on the ground. But what i hear about that fight was that is was supposed to be a adjusted rules. If at that who knows. Rogan is a Black belt in TKD but Snipes Pratices Karate, Kung Fu, and Capoeira.
Both seem like they are fair size guys. I think Rogan is at most around 200 and Snipes probably is too. Anyone who thinks Rogan is small watch fear factor and check out his pipes.
I think this would be a fairly entertaining match. On spike tv. Not on PPV though i wouldnt want to waste money on it just in case it became lame.

Post #18   2/14/07 1:41:58PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

In a MMA match Rogan would kill Snipes with his BJJ. Rogan is a brown belt and IMO would just sub Snipes in 20 seconds on the ground. But what i hear about that fight was that is was supposed to be a adjusted rules. If at that who knows. Rogan is a Black belt in TKD but Snipes Pratices Karate, Kung Fu, and Capoeira.
Both seem like they are fair size guys. I think Rogan is at most around 200 and Snipes probably is too. Anyone who thinks Rogan is small watch fear factor and check out his pipes.
I think this would be a fairly entertaining match. On spike tv. Not on PPV though i wouldnt want to waste money on it just in case it became lame.

That make sense about the adjusted rules. Kinda like Cro-cop/Wandy's first fight with an actaul outcome would do.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #19   2/14/07 1:47:35PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by jmoooooo

i dont think ed o'neil is a black belt.......but lots of celebs train bjj...

nicholas cage, jim carey both train

maynard james keenan (from tool and a perfect circle) is a purple belt under rickson.....

I'd heard of all but Carey .Maynard RNCed a guy on stage once. Carey looks quadruple jointed or something in his movies and standup. He might pull off some crazy subs.

Why in the hell did Maynard choke someone on stage? I'm a Tool fan...diehard Tool fans probably get crazy at concerts...if it was a fan, they probably wanted him to do it

fan got up on stage and ran at maynard...maynard calmly puts his arm around the guys shoulder and then tosses him to the ground and into a choke...and keeps singing....

Post #20   2/14/07 1:53:44PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:

Posted by jmoooooo

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by jmoooooo

i dont think ed o'neil is a black belt.......but lots of celebs train bjj...

nicholas cage, jim carey both train

maynard james keenan (from tool and a perfect circle) is a purple belt under rickson.....

I'd heard of all but Carey .Maynard RNCed a guy on stage once. Carey looks quadruple jointed or something in his movies and standup. He might pull off some crazy subs.

Why in the hell did Maynard choke someone on stage? I'm a Tool fan...diehard Tool fans probably get crazy at concerts...if it was a fan, they probably wanted him to do it

fan got up on stage and ran at maynard...maynard calmly puts his arm around the guys shoulder and then tosses him to the ground and into a choke...and keeps singing....

here you go guys..

maynard chokes fan

Post #21   2/14/07 2:18:33PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Joe Rogan pic...

here is a pic of rogan i found....looks pretty impressive to me

Rogan "CroCop"

Post #22   2/14/07 2:24:15PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
hahah that pic of rogan is frickin awesome. His eyes are rolled wayyyyyyy back in his head. If this were a MMA fight i think Rogan would win it. He just has so much knowledge and experince over Snipes. K-1 rules might bea good fight. Make the match between them 3- 5 minute rounds. Maybe Allow Clinches and elbows.

Post #23   2/14/07 4:56:30PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I would love to see this fight. It would get max exposure all over normal TV and really give MMA another boost.

I would take Rogan by flying armbar transitioned into a gogopalata and whatever else he could throw in there before the ref breaks it up

Post #24   2/14/07 11:48:52PM   

Rampage_Soldier

MMA Regular

Rampage_Soldier Avatar

Career:281-205
Camp: Fists of Fury
Chips:
Joe Rogan wins by Kimura Submission tapout

can't duck the tax man forever...

Last edited 2/15/07 3:31AM server time by rampage_soldier
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #25   2/15/07 3:29:00AM