Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Joe Rogan vs. Wesley Snipes???

Print  
who would win?
Joe Rogan 12 86%
Wesley Snipes 2 14%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
a while back i remember when Rumors were in the air that Joe Rogan wanted to fight Wesley Snipes in the octagon...

this hadnt crossed my mind in a while till i saw Wesley Snipes in the crowd at UFC 67..

Do you all think he was there for that reason? so people could bring that subject back up and hype up the fight again so it can happen?

Who would take it? (no Katana's allowed)

Post #1   2/13/07 10:14:54AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I remember hearing this too, in an MMA fight Rogan should destroy him. In a K-1 type fight who know's . Rogan is a 7th degree black belt in Tae-kwon-do and Snipes is 5th degreee black belt in Capoeira. It's a kind of obscure brazilian dancelike martial art. They are both about 5 ft. 9 so no reach advantage as far as I can tell. Snipes has been out of the spotlight and is making straight -to -video movies now, so he might be willing to do something to get himself back in the limelight. I think Snipes in his mid 40's and Rogan in his late 30's but I'm not sure. I think if they do this it better not be part of a PPV, or I'll be pissed. I don't like it when Pride charges me for freakshow matches, and the Gannon fight was plenty for me. I'd watch it as long as I don't have to pay for it. They could do the Tito/Dana boxing match and Snipes/Rogan on Spike and I'd watch then.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   2/13/07 10:29:23AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:
haha..WAR ROGAN!!!

I say Rogan would take it

i wouldnt mind paying for it,but yea i would rather want it free on SpikeTV or as an undercard on a big UFC event

this would be HUGE!!!!

Post #3   2/13/07 10:59:02AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,376-853
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Who would take it? (no Katana's allowed)

LoL

I think Rogan would take it, but hell who knows. Would be quite entertaining nonetheless. They have done celebrity boxing... so why not celebrity MMA?

Post #4   2/13/07 2:49:47PM   

Savy

MMA Regular

Savy Avatar

Career:61-50
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:
I wanna see Al Bundy whoop some ass.

Post #5   2/13/07 3:06:46PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Savy

I wanna see Al Bundy whoop some ass.

Funny as it is. Some people probably don't know that Ed O'neil( the guy that played Al Bundy) played pro football for the steelers for a couple of years and has been training BJJ under Helio Gracie for a long time.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   2/13/07 3:13:12PM   

Savy

MMA Regular

Savy Avatar

Career:61-50
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:
Doesn't Al Bundy have a black belt Hippy??

Last edited 2/13/07 6:17PM server time by savy
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   2/13/07 5:58:57PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
Rogan, on top of the aforementioned black belt, also trains BJJ with eddie bravo. id have to give it to rogan in a cage, probably fairly easily too.

Post #8   2/13/07 6:02:17PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Savy

Doesn't Al Bundy have a black belt Hippy??

I'd have to look it up. I know he had a purple belt when I first heard of it a while back.

The Iron Code

Post #9   2/13/07 6:22:20PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Chips:
i dont think ed o'neil is a black belt.......but lots of celebs train bjj...

nicholas cage, jim carey both train

maynard james keenan (from tool and a perfect circle) is a purple belt under rickson.....

Post #10   2/13/07 6:50:38PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jmoooooo

maynard james keenan (from tool and a perfect circle) is a purple belt under rickson.....

I'd heard of all but Carey .Maynard RNCed a guy on stage once. Carey looks quadruple jointed or something in his movies and standup. He might pull off some crazy subs.

The Iron Code

Post #11   2/13/07 6:54:42PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Chips:
i think that stage one was a stunt....as he was still singing through the whole thing....

but i think id be scared of him..hes in great shape (saw them live this summer), and being a graduate of west point im sure he has some other combat training as well

Post #12   2/13/07 7:08:03PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:
yeah...alot of people train and might be great at it,but its all different in a real fight

if wesley and Joe ever fight i hope its a reg. MMA fight...not just a BJJ fight....i would like to see if Wesley can stand a punch to the face! or even Rogan

its also different from training when nerves are involved and all those Jitters!

Post #13   2/14/07 10:56:17AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I knew Bundy trained under Helio...i have the "Gracie Way" book and it has a picture of him with Helio at Helio's 150'th birthday party...I didn't know he played for the Steelers though, that's pretty sweet. I think Rogan would beat the piss out of Wesley Snipes...but seeing that Snipes is about to go to prison for tax evasion, we probably won't see that for at least 3-5 years

Post #14   2/14/07 11:01:07AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by jmoooooo

I'd heard of all but Carey .Maynard RNCed a guy on stage once. Carey looks quadruple jointed or something in his movies and standup. He might pull off some crazy subs.

Why in the hell did Maynard choke someone on stage? I'm a Tool fan...diehard Tool fans probably get crazy at concerts...if it was a fan, they probably wanted him to do it

Post #15   2/14/07 11:06:05AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2