Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Who would you like the UFC to get next???

Print  
Who should the UFC get next?(besides Fedor)
Lil Nog 6 14%
Shogun 17 40%
Gomi 5 12%
Wanderlei Silva 11 26%
Mark Hunt 2 5%
Henderson 1 2%
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Who would you like to see fighting in the UFC ASAP? and why?

i know you want all of them..but just 1 :D for now..

i didnt put Fedor on this list since it would be a dominating Fav. since everyone wants to see CroCop/Fedor 2

Post #1   2/13/07 4:41:50AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,370-848
Chips:
I'm a big Gomi fan, but I'd love to see a Chuck vs Shogun fight to help settle many of the fantasy matchup threads on who's the best LHW at the moment. Wandy a close 2nd, but Shogun first as I think his style is more of a threat to Chuck.

Post #2   2/13/07 4:52:23AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

I'm a big Gomi fan, but I'd love to see a Chuck vs Shogun fight to help settle many of the fantasy matchup threads on who's the best LHW at the moment. Wandy a close 2nd, but Shogun first as I think his style is more of a threat to Chuck.

yeah..i picked Shogun too since that weight division is very shallow and we need more good LHW's....

my second pick would of been Mark Hunt tho...

Post #3   2/13/07 4:56:22AM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
shogun as well. can i have both him and wandy though? having wandy/shogun/chuck/ortiz/babalu all in that division, plus the TUF fighters coming up would make for some great depth, and great fights....and so many possible combinations.............

Post #4   2/13/07 5:07:48AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Gotta go Wandy, just to end the speculation.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   2/13/07 6:49:21AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Wandy because of the following he could get in the states and how incredibly marketable the guy is. His fights are brutal to say the least and we would finally get to see him fight Chuck again. And maybe even fight Rampage in a cage

Post #6   2/13/07 6:51:59AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Wandy because of the following he could get in the states and how incredibly marketable the guy is. His fights are brutal to say the least and we would finally get to see him fight Chuck again. And maybe even fight Rampage in a cage

I think Chuck takes Wandy stylewise, but Wandy owns rampage anywhere for the 3rd time. IMO Wandy is the reason Rampage has not been the same, it's like Tito/Chuck to me. Some guys just always have another guys number.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #7   2/13/07 6:57:40AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:
i think the UFC will only make Rampage stronger...with all those fans behind him i think he will do alot better than in Pride

Rampage is really blowing up with the UFC and like he said...he has this pressure behind him that makes him want to do good,so i think us fans will only push him to train harder and improve his game

i remember at UFC 66 when tito/chuck fought and they put the camera on Rampage when Liddell was doing his post fight interview,and the whole crowd was dead,like "who beat chuck"?..."that guy"?

and now everyone knows who he is all from 1 UFC event to an other..so i think we will see a better rampage as soon as his "jitters" go away and feels more at home here

Last edited 2/13/07 7:44AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: Spelling...
2 total post edits

Post #8   2/13/07 7:13:12AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
I hope your right, I love Rampage, but I have seen almost every fight he's had . He has not looked the same to me since the 2nd beating from Wandy. Franlin/Loiseau and Chuck/Randy are similiar examples. Sometimes a really bad loss, especially when you beleived you are going to win changes a fighter. I agree Rampage does look energized , and maybe a change of scenery with a new big US fan base could make the difference. Also, he has a new manager and trainer. I'm going by what I've seen so far though, and I haven't seen anything to make me think he is the guy he was previously. Let's just hope it's onlt jitters.

The Iron Code

Post #9   2/13/07 7:28:52AM   

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar

Career:98-51
Chips:
that's a tough choice, it's a tie for me between shogun and gomi

Post #10   2/13/07 9:23:39AM   

tamarslay3

Banned

Career:19-11
Chips:

Posted by gspfan31

that's a tough choice, it's a tie for me between shogun and gomi

sorry have to pick Gomi i really just like him the most

Post #11   2/13/07 9:39:28AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
With the state of the UFC divisions, I'd say they could use another elite 205'er or another elite Heavyweight. I'm going to go with the former.

I'm torn between Shogun and Wandy. I kind of like Shogun more, but I can watch him in PRIDE just like I can watch him in the UFC. Meanwhile, casual UFC fans have probably never heard of Shogun and couldn't care less.

Wandy would bring a lot of back-story into the UFC. He beat up Rampage, he lost to Tito, he got his ass kicked by Cro Cop, he's called out Chuck, and Randy Couture once said he'd like a piece of him. There'd be some serious drama attached to Wandy, while Shogun would be a blank slate. Some people would prefer the blank slate, but I like the stories as much as the fights themselves.

I say, bring on The Knees of Doom.

Post #12   2/13/07 10:41:54AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
It was a toss up for me between Wanderlei and Lil Nog... I ended up going with Rogerio for two reasons...

1. Even thought they are similar ages I think Lil Nog has more fights left in him than Wandy does...

2. I would really like to see the UFC bridge the gap with Brazilian Top Team.

Post #13   2/13/07 11:09:42AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by AchillesHeel

With the state of the UFC divisions, I'd say they could use another elite 205'er or another elite Heavyweight. I'm going to go with the former.

I'm torn between Shogun and Wandy. I kind of like Shogun more, but I can watch him in PRIDE just like I can watch him in the UFC. Meanwhile, casual UFC fans have probably never heard of Shogun and couldn't care less.

Wandy would bring a lot of back-story into the UFC. He beat up Rampage, he lost to Tito, he got his ass kicked by Cro Cop, he's called out Chuck, and Randy Couture once said he'd like a piece of him. There'd be some serious drama attached to Wandy, while Shogun would be a blank slate. Some people would prefer the blank slate, but I like the stories as much as the fights themselves.

I say, bring on The Knees of Doom.

good points...lot of possible high paying fights

but you're right...a casual fan would pick Wandi...but i think Shogun is better than Wandi and more composed as a fighter

Post #14   2/13/07 12:51:24PM   

FLAMarlins35

Banned

Career:21-22
Chips:
i went with silva, cuz all the other silva's/ silvia's are successful

even though rashad evans is better!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #15   2/13/07 12:55:07PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3